Ricoh GR1 - Strange Problem
Old 01-03-2017   #1
MiniMoke

Ricoh GR1 - Strange Problem

My 'new' GR1 worked flawlessly for the first half dozen rolls but now after standing empty for 3 days it won't turn on!

New battery won't help!

Now what's strange, as soon as I remove and replace the battery, the GR1 comes to life and works normally. Lens extends, LCD turns on - all OK.

When I open the film door and close it (with and without film) and press the power button it turns on and works normally.

When I turn it off with the power button it reacts instantly, so the power button seems to work. But then it can't be turned on again with the button!

At first I thought it was a faulty power button contact, but as it turns off at the slightest press of said button it seems to be OK.

Anyone has any clue about that?

Read somewhere there's a backup (watch)battery somewhere I could try to remove and replace.... if true, where did they place it?

I know they are not particularly reliable, but quitting on me so soon is annoying....