Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Voigtlander Bessa Leica Mount Cameras

Voigtlander Bessa Leica Mount Cameras Made in Japan by Cosina in partnership with Voigtlander, the many modern Voigtlander Leica Screw Mount and Leica M mount bodies offer inexpensive and often unique options into entering the world of Leica rangefinder photography.

Summicron DR on Bessa R3A
Old 02-16-2009   #1
PollitowuzHere
street shooter

Summicron DR on Bessa R3A

I've read on various sites that the R3A can't mount the Summi DR, although I'm guessing its just the close range that it can't handle. So, for the normal range, can the R3A mount and use it? Or will its still not accept it?

Old 02-17-2009   #2
wotalegend

I have an R3A, and I have a DR Summicron. Sadly, they can never work together. The rangefinder flange at the rear of the lens has a stepped shape which protrudes too far behind the mount. It is possible to mount the lens on the R3A if the focus ring is turned to the very closest "normal" position (1 metre), but when mounted it is not possible to turn the focus ring even 1mm. Don't risk it.
Leica M3, Bessa-R3A, Bessa-R, Bessa-L, Bessa-T, FEDs 1, 2, 3, & 5, Kievs 2A, 4 & 4A, Zorkis 1, 2S, 4K, 5, & 6, Moskva 5, Horizon S3, Yashica Minister-II, Minolta Hi-matic F, not counting digicams, DSLRs, SLRs, TLRs, etc.