Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Rangefinder Photography Discussion

Rangefinder Photography Discussion General discussions about Rangefinder Photography. This is a great place for questions and answers that are not addressed in a specific category. Take note there is also a General Photography forum.

Old 06-14-2019   #161
jsrockit

The current manufacturers need to revisit this genre. We need cooler pocket cameras for those of us that like ergonomics (and don't want to use a phone). The GR III is great, but it is 28mm only. The Sony RX100 series is just not fun to use due to it feeling like a TV remote. Most other 1" sensor compacts are worse than the Sony in most other ways. It will be cool to see if anyone steps up in the coming years.

Old 06-14-2019   #162
jsrockit

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
Ricoh GRIII is pretty tiny with an APS-C sensor. It is basically the same size as the cell phone sized sensor GRD series. Slightly longer but not as tall as an Olympus XA3. The Ricoh is hiding behind the Olympus in the first shot.

Shawn
Oh, I know. I have one (and an XA2). But I want something closer to 40-45mm in my next pocket camera.

Old 06-14-2019   #163
Rob-F
Likes Leicas

I think I'd like a digital camera in a size and shape similar to the Minox B. That would be a pocketable digital! No place for an LCD screen of course, so no chimping! But I think it would be fun.