Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Rangefinder Photography Discussion

Rangefinder Photography Discussion General discussions about Rangefinder Photography. This is a great place for questions and answers that are not addressed in a specific category. Take note there is also a General Photography forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Post Your UFO Photos Here
Old 06-26-2018   #1
NickTrop
Registered User
 
NickTrop's Avatar
 
NickTrop is offline
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,063
Post Your UFO Photos Here

I believe in UFOs. I make no apologies for this after having seen two black triangle UFOs in 2008. I had no opinion on this matter prior. I think the widely publicized 2004 Nimitz case that got a lot of attention last December due to the credibility of the fighter pilots scrambled to investigate them claiming they were a technology under intelligent control not from earth, with corroborating radar data, and infrared video is "the smoking gun" along with the admission that the Pentagon had a black money program that had studied them for years after denying it outright.

In my case, I was driving a convertible in the summer of '08 at night and glanced to my left about 10 o'clock. What can I say? Two black triangles. I slowed down, stopped, and stared at them trying to process what I was seeing. I eventually got back in my car and made a U-turn at the cross street to get a different angle to "solve the mystery". Instead, it validated my position that I had no idea what these things were. A wave of fear ran down my spine and I sped off. Terrified. Gobsmacked.

Months later, flipping through the dials I saw a commercial for a program called "Alien Hunters" that devoted an entire hour-long episode to the "Bucks County Wave". Apparently, 100's of people also saw these black triangles during the summer of 2008 in/around Bucks County, Pennsylvania where I had seen them at that same time. I nearly fell off my chair. Apparently, this had been on the TV news but I was unaware of it at the time

Another, larger "black triangle" wave occurred in Belgium in 1989 where many people reported seeing them, culminating in two fighters being scrambled to intercept a "black triangle".

Unfortunately, I did not have a camera with me at the time. But have you ever snapped a picture of a UFO?

Below is a video, if interested, of what I saw (except there were two). I do not know if this is a "real" video or faked but regardless it is identical to the "being" (see next sentence) that I witnessed one summer evening in the summer of 2008 in Bucks County, PA. I will concede this was a terrifying experience.

My own opinion is that these are post-singularity conscious entities -- super general artificial intelligent machine "beings" that are conscious. They may be a "Singleton" if you're familiar with Nick Bostrom's thoughts on AI, which is fascinating (albeit a dense read...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfiQvrshpyk
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2018   #2
farlymac
PF McFarland
 
farlymac's Avatar
 
farlymac is offline
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 6,235
Good that you got some positive feedback in others seeing the same thing, Nick. One of my workmates many years ago tried to convince me about an observation he had, explaining it in somewhat vague terms, and wanting me to verify he saw a UFO. I had to put it straight to him; I wasn't there, I didn't see what he saw, and there is no way I could agree that his description of the event in any way meant it was a UFO.


But I always keep my eyes open for whatever may show up in the sky or on the ground. And hope I have a camera on me.


PF
__________________
Waiting for the light
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2018   #3
Steve M.
Registered User
 
Steve M. is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,382
I was lucky enough to take these photos of a rare daytime UFO landing in Florida. You could tell he was having difficulty entering the atmosphere in the first photo, and the speed was far too high in the second photo for a safe landing. The worst part was when he bounced off the water and hit this rock in the last photo.
Sadly, there was not much left of the visitor. Just some soft thingies that resembled feathers :]





  Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2018   #4
Fjäll
Registered User
 
Fjäll's Avatar
 
Fjäll is offline
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Age: 29
Posts: 258
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2018   #5
xayraa33
rangefinder user and fancier
 
xayraa33's Avatar
 
xayraa33 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 5,862
I never personally seen or photographed what can be classified as a UFO.

But in the summer of 1964 I did witness something like the Norway spiral anomaly of 2009 ( which I don't believe was the result of a failed missile launch, as the news media wants us to believe).

What I saw in the evening summer sky of 1964 was similar but even more spectacular than the so-called Norway Spiral.
__________________
My Gallery
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2018   #6
jsrockit
Moderator
 
jsrockit's Avatar
 
jsrockit is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Santiago, Chile
Age: 46
Posts: 19,951
It would be good to see some good hoaxes here... if not the real thing... BUT so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXDo4dL7SU
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2018   #7
JoeV
Thin Air, Bright Sun
 
JoeV's Avatar
 
JoeV is offline
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA
Posts: 1,703
I’m genuinely curious as to how one can see black triangles at night. Just seeing three points of light doesn’t make it a solid triangular object, but rather sounds suspiciously like aircraft lights.
__________________
"If your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light"

Inventor of the Light Pipe Array
My Blog
My latest book
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2018   #8
muser53
MUSER53
 
muser53 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: People's Republic of Berkeley
Posts: 442
[/IMG]
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2018   #9
Chriscrawfordphoto
Real Men Shoot Film.
 
Chriscrawfordphoto's Avatar
 
Chriscrawfordphoto is offline
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Age: 44
Posts: 9,009



Found this on a Facebook group called "Historical Pictures." Bigfoot riding on the back of the Loch Ness Monster while giving a UFO the finger!
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2018   #10
CMur12
Registered User
 
CMur12 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Moses Lake, Washington, USA
Age: 67
Posts: 1,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
I’m genuinely curious as to how one can see black triangles at night. Just seeing three points of light doesn’t make it a solid triangular object, but rather sounds suspiciously like aircraft lights.
Assuming the sky isn't actually black, which it normally isn't even at night, a black triangle should be visible. Also, Nick didn't say anything about points of light. (Okay, I just saw the points of light in the linked video.)

- Murray
__________________
Still shooting film: Medium Format with assorted TLRs; 35mm with manual-focus Minolta SLRs and a Canonet.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2018   #11
FujiLove
Registered User
 
FujiLove is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTrop View Post
That's a video of a helicopter with it's search light switched on. I know because it looks just like a thousand other police helicopters I've seen at night.

'Mystery' solved.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #12
dmr
Registered Abuser
 
dmr's Avatar
 
dmr is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Somewhere in Middle America
Posts: 4,521
I don't know where I picked up the term but I've always called those spaceship-like artifacts from lens flare and reflection "UFOs", like the one to the upper left in the shot below. The Mamiya SD seems to be prone to these.

__________________
My (NEW) Gallery
My Blog
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #13
NickTrop
Registered User
 
NickTrop's Avatar
 
NickTrop is offline
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
I’m genuinely curious as to how one can see black triangles at night. Just seeing three points of light doesn’t make it a solid triangular object, but rather sounds suspiciously like aircraft lights.
The matte black body had enough contrast to distinguish it. The points had lights and there was a larger point at the center. I stopped my car, got out, and stared at them for ??? of time in awe trying to process what I was witnessing before driving around to get a better angle. They were silent, hovering. They were not an aircraft, they were not "stars" or a "Venus". The video I posted from YouTube, which may be a fake (or not), is identical to what I saw regardless.

Black triangles appear in "waves" (I'm a bit of an expert on the topic). 100's of people saw them in Bucks County in '08. That was what completely convinced me. A bigger wave was seen in Belgium in '89. The Belgium government scrambled one (or two, don't recall) fighters to intercept them they picked up on radar. It easily outmanuevered the jets. That's verifiable fact. One of the pilots was intereviewed and confirmed that what he was tracking he did not believe was terrestrial tech.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #14
FujiLove
Registered User
 
FujiLove is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTrop View Post
The matte black body had enough contrast to distinguish it. The points had lights and there was a larger point at the center. I stopped my car, got out, and stared at them for ??? of time in awe trying to process what I was witnessing before driving around to get a better angle. They were silent, hovering. They were not an aircraft, they were not "stars" or a "Venus". The video I posted from YouTube, which may be a fake (or not), is identical to what I saw regardless.

Black triangles appear in "waves" (I'm a bit of an expert on the topic). 100's of people saw them in Bucks County in '08. That was what completely convinced me. A bigger wave was seen in Belgium in '89. The Belgium government scrambled one (or two, don't recall) fighters to intercept them they picked up on radar. It easily outmanuevered the jets. That's verifiable fact. One of the pilots was intereviewed and confirmed that what he was tracking he did not believe was terrestrial tech.
"verifiable fact"???...

Wikipedia says of that incident that the intercept pilots saw nothing at all, that a photograph claiming to be of the incident is a fake, and that the event was basically a mass delusion encouraged and perpetuated by Société belge d'étude des phénomènes spatiaux (Belgian society for the study of space phenomena).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_UFO_wave
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #15
charjohncarter
Registered User
 
charjohncarter's Avatar
 
charjohncarter is offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Danville, CA, USA
Posts: 8,774
I don't have a UFO photo. But my best friend is 1964 said he saw one with his girl friend. I don't know if I would believe the girl friend. Although I trust my friend. I've asked him about the UFO every year since and he hasn't changed his mind. Good enough for me.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #16
zuiko85
Registered User
 
zuiko85 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,948
This thread needs to be combined with the 'Has Leica "Alienated" Photographers' thread.
Maybe someone has captured a grey holding a M4. I've always suspected 'they' are after our Leica's.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #17
Arbitrarium
Registered User
 
Arbitrarium's Avatar
 
Arbitrarium is offline
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 319
Someone pointed out that the number of UFO photos has not increased along with the number of people who now carry a camera (phone) everywhere. You'd expect a correlation...
__________________
Arbitrarium on Instagram
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #18
NickTrop
Registered User
 
NickTrop's Avatar
 
NickTrop is offline
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by FujiLove View Post
"verifiable fact"???...

Wikipedia says of that incident that the intercept pilots saw nothing at all, that a photograph claiming to be of the incident is a fake, and that the event was basically a mass delusion encouraged and perpetuated by Société belge d'étude des phénomènes spatiaux (Belgian society for the study of space phenomena).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_UFO_wave
The photo, which was picked up by the media and widely distributed, was unfortunately later discovered to be faked. This does not discount the veracity of the incident but is rather indicative of sloppy journalism that got itself"punked". The pilot, Col. Wilfried Brouwer, of the incident has been interviewed. Like Navy Commander Fraver of the recently declassified Nitiz incident of 2004, Col Brouwer concludes the tech is not of earthly origin. Here is one of his few English interviews (you're welcome) straight from the horse's mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdEALPvl_4Q
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #19
NickTrop
Registered User
 
NickTrop's Avatar
 
NickTrop is offline
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitrarium View Post
Someone pointed out that the number of UFO photos has not increased along with the number of people who now carry a camera (phone) everywhere. You'd expect a correlation...
Hearsay, obviously, and not true. What I saw would likely not have resolved very with a cell phone.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #20
giganova
Registered User
 
giganova is offline
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuiko85 View Post
This thread needs to be combined with the 'Has Leica "Alienated" Photographers' thread.
Great idea!
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #21
NickTrop
Registered User
 
NickTrop's Avatar
 
NickTrop is offline
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by FujiLove View Post
"verifiable fact"???...

that the event was basically a mass delusion encouraged and perpetuated by Société belge d'étude des phénomènes spatiaux (Belgian society for the study of space phenomena).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_UFO_wave
There was no mass delusion. I can verify this by my own account. I had absolutely NO knowledge of the Belgium Wave. None. I had NO interest in UFOs. None. I had no knowledge of the Bucks County wave.

What I saw, driving along one night on a small road were two massive hovering black triangles. They were completely silent, and as plain and obvious as anything else you might see. They were not planes, they were not blimps, there were compltely unlike anything else I had ever seen. I was completely sober, not high, I was driving home from work.

I did not just glimpse at them. I stopped my car, got out of my car, and stared at them for many minutes. I drove a different direction after a few minutes to get a different perspective.

1. I had no knowledge of black triangles. I had not seen any news reports before seeing them. Therefore it was NOT "mass delusion".

2. I only learned of the Bucks County Wave many months after the fact.

3. I only heard of the Belgium Wave after learning about "black triangles". They met the exact description of what I saw in 2008.

I can understand your skepticism. But guess what? If you think these things don't exist, you're completely wrong. I can tell you from my own first-hand experience that this is not mass delusion because I know nothing about any of this prior. It's not like I saw a news report and "thought" I "might have" seen them.

The "mass delusion" thing is a cop-out. As a civilization we are in complete denial.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #22
kuuan
loves old lenses
 
kuuan's Avatar
 
kuuan is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,599
these had been taken shortly before midnight March 17th 2018, a new moon night which marked the Balinese New Year. Balinese New Year of Nyepi, as Balinese call it, is a very special day. For 24 hours, from sunrise to sunrise, noone is allowed to go out on the streets, to make any noise, to use electrical lights during the night.
There is no motortbikes, no cars, not any machine noise, even flights are banned to land or start from Bali during these 24 hours. Traditionalists may fast on that day.
Every time I had spent Nyepi in Bali it had been a very special day for me. It always feels as if nature rejoices and becomes more dominant, even birds sing more loud on that day.

Before midnight, during the dark night without electrical lights anywhere viewable on the whole island, I had looked out the window on the second floor looking down to a rice field and some coconut trees to the right that grow on a ledge leading down to a small rivlett: I was struck by lightballs moving around the ricefield and trees! There were no people, no flashlights, but lights of the size in between a tennis and a volleyball moving freely in similar pattern as fireflies would, just that these lights were of a different scale altogether. I stared at them again and again, trying to figure out how the optical illusion may be created but found no clue or explanation at all. Simple fact was that unidentified lightballs were moving around.

Somehow I was convinced that trying to take photos of them would not work and I did not even try. After a while however I went out into the garden to take photos of the amazing sky. No moon and no lights on the entire island of Bali made more stars viewable more strongly than usual. To get the exposure right it was a bit of trial and error, finally settled at an exposure time of 20 sec. I must have taken some 15 to 20 photos until I was satisfied by the result. Without even attempting two of these captured one of these moving lights that still had been around:


Untitled
by kuuan'lens tests, on Flickr



Untitled by kuuan's lens tests, on Flickr
both Olympus OM Zuiko MC f2/28mm, Sony A7, Bali 2018
__________________
my photos on flickr: : https://www.flickr.com/photos/kuuan/collections
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #23
NickTrop
Registered User
 
NickTrop's Avatar
 
NickTrop is offline
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuan View Post
Without even attempting two of these captured one of these moving lights that still had been around:
The Mrs and I are trying to decide where to go for our 30th Anniversary that's coming up. You just put Bali on the list. That night sky is absolutely amazing!

Like black triangles, those "orbs" you photographed are another "type" of UFO (in the truest sense of its meaning) that many others have witnessed. Ball lightning has been floated as a possiblity -- but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Thank you for posting these. I knew with the number of people who post on RFF I'd get a bonafide UFO pic... eventually.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #24
rfaspen
Registered User
 
rfaspen's Avatar
 
rfaspen is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 1,683
UFOs are definitely real, but not necessarily extraterrestrial, or magic, or ???.

Technically, they are *unidentified* flying objects. I have seen a few things flying around that I couldn't identify, but had no reason to suspect they were "alien".

I lived and worked in New Mexico during a time when the "stealth fighter" was still highly classified and secret. During many of my trips through the missile test range, I saw some very alien-looking black "planes". They (stealth fighters) were confirmed to exist shortly after, but for all I knew I was seeing the traditional UFO (with aliens inside).

I once camped under the stars on the Mogollon Rim in Arizona. Far from any lights or civilization, the night sky was filled with a beautiful star display. While mesmerized and staring up, I saw a light appear and fly very, very fast in a jagged path. Then it zipped off in one direction and disappeared. Alien ships? Likely not. An astronomer friend kindly suggested that a meteorite had a trajectory roughly in line with me (i.e., falling right toward me!). I saw the flight variation of the object as it fell toward me which appeared to me as horizontal flight paths. Luckily, the object must have veered enough to miss me (assuming it made it all the way to earth).

While I absolutely believe there is life outside Earth, the evidence that advanced, intelligent living beings are visiting Earth is shaky. Evidence and careful critical thinking just don't provide strong support for alien visitation. But as I said earlier, that doesn't mean UFOs aren't real.

To summarize: both extraterrestrial life and UFOs of a non-alien origin are nearly certain. Alien visitation in flying vehicles (UFOs) are not so certain. Need much more evidence and support for that.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #25
FujiLove
Registered User
 
FujiLove is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuan View Post
these had been taken shortly before midnight March 17th 2018, a new moon night which marked the Balinese New Year. Balinese New Year of Nyepi, as Balinese call it, is a very special day. For 24 hours, from sunrise to sunrise, noone is allowed to go out on the streets, to make any noise, to use electrical lights during the night.
There is no motortbikes, no cars, not any machine noise, even flights are banned to land or start from Bali during these 24 hours. Traditionalists may fast on that day.
Every time I had spent Nyepi in Bali it had been a very special day for me. It always feels as if nature rejoices and becomes more dominant, even birds sing more loud on that day.

Before midnight, during the dark night without electrical lights anywhere viewable on the whole island, I had looked out the window on the second floor looking down to a rice field and some coconut trees to the right that grow on a ledge leading down to a small rivlett: I was struck by lightballs moving around the ricefield and trees! There were no people, no flashlights, but lights of the size in between a tennis and a volleyball moving freely in similar pattern as fireflies would, just that these lights were of a different scale altogether. I stared at them again and again, trying to figure out how the optical illusion may be created but found no clue or explanation at all. Simple fact was that unidentified lightballs were moving around.

Somehow I was convinced that trying to take photos of them would not work and I did not even try. After a while however I went out into the garden to take photos of the amazing sky. No moon and no lights on the entire island of Bali made more stars viewable more strongly than usual. To get the exposure right it was a bit of trial and error, finally settled at an exposure time of 20 sec. I must have taken some 15 to 20 photos until I was satisfied by the result. Without even attempting two of these captured one of these moving lights that still had been around:


Untitled
by kuuan'lens tests, on Flickr



Untitled by kuuan's lens tests, on Flickr
both Olympus OM Zuiko MC f2/28mm, Sony A7, Bali 2018
You must have got a great view of the ‘UFO’ in the second photo. It was so close it looks like it passed in front of the palm tree, not high above in the night sky.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #26
kuuan
loves old lenses
 
kuuan's Avatar
 
kuuan is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTrop View Post
The Mrs and I are trying to decide where to go for our 30th Anniversary that's coming up. You just put Bali on the list. That night sky is absolutely amazing!

the sky only. Try to make it for Nyepi!


Nyepi night
by andreas, on Flickr


Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTrop View Post
Like black triangles, those "orbs" you photographed are another "type" of UFO (in the truest sense of its meaning) that many others have witnessed. Ball lightning has been floated as a possiblity -- but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Thank you for posting these. I knew with the number of people who post on RFF I'd get a bonafide UFO pic... eventually.
to a facebook group of people living in Bali I had shown these photos and leaks or leyaks were named as possible explanation, also Banaspati, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leyak and https://www.gustibali.com/leak-balinese-magic-mystics/ resp. http://cryptidz.wikia.com/wiki/Banaspati
some said it was Dukuns out there, possibly fighting. Looked more like them having a party to me. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dukun

My neighbour, a local traditional spirit healer, says that these lights are know to be around but only during Nyepi night. That some people, though prohibited, during Nyepi night go out into nature trying to spot these, but that only rarely someone succeeds. Actually I am not sure, but as I understood he reckons that these are souls of deceased.
__________________
my photos on flickr: : https://www.flickr.com/photos/kuuan/collections
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #27
rfaspen
Registered User
 
rfaspen's Avatar
 
rfaspen is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 1,683
These are images of fireflies. There are some spectacular fireflies in Bali. I think there's more than one species (several?).

You can book a special Firefly tour:
https://www.govoyagin.com/activities...adventure/2345

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuan View Post


Untitled
by kuuan'lens tests, on Flickr



Untitled by kuuan's lens tests, on Flickr
both Olympus OM Zuiko MC f2/28mm, Sony A7, Bali 2018
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #28
kuuan
loves old lenses
 
kuuan's Avatar
 
kuuan is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaspen View Post
These are images of fireflies. There are some spectacular fireflies in Bali. I think there's more than one species (several?).
Yes, lots of fireflies in Bali. These had been at least 10, rather 100 times their size.
__________________
my photos on flickr: : https://www.flickr.com/photos/kuuan/collections
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #29
zauhar
Registered User
 
zauhar's Avatar
 
zauhar is offline
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by FujiLove View Post
That's a video of a helicopter with it's search light switched on. I know because it looks just like a thousand other police helicopters I've seen at night.

'Mystery' solved.
Hey Nick, I have not bothered to respond to anything on RFF for at least a year! Thanks for this fascinating topic .

Regarding comment (troll?) from Fujilove, I have seen dozens of police helicopters (thousands? really?) with their searchlights turned on, and on two occasions had aforesaid searchlight focused directly upon me, and I will attest that whatever is shown in the YouTube video is NOT a police helicopter with searchlight turned on.

Fujilove, a 'photographer' with such a poor eye as yours should really be banished from RFF ! ;-)

Randy
__________________
Philadelphia, PA
Leica M3/50mm DR Summicron/21mm SuperAngulon/
90mm Elmarit
Canon 7/50mm f1.4
Leica IIIf/Summitar/Collapsible Summicron
Yashica Electro 35
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #30
Darthfeeble
But you can call me Steve
 
Darthfeeble's Avatar
 
Darthfeeble is offline
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Logtown, California, USA
Age: 73
Posts: 1,499
I believe in UFOs, but I think the decline in reported sightings has to do with the increase in Reality TV programing. We've been put off limits.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #31
farlymac
PF McFarland
 
farlymac's Avatar
 
farlymac is offline
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 6,235
The Orbs!



00440006_2 by P F McFarland, on Flickr


No, not a faked alien invasion, just the result from a pin-holed Zorki-1 shutter, but it's kind of what I've envisioned an invasion could look like in broad daylight.


PF
__________________
Waiting for the light
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #32
f16sunshine
Moderator
 
f16sunshine's Avatar
 
f16sunshine is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seattle
Age: 51
Posts: 6,258
^^^ Cool pic PF. the pinholes contribute here.

@JoeV
Those black triangles are blacker than the night Sky.

@Nicktrop... Fun subject

I've seen something like those triangles at sea. Also in 2008 on labor day weekend.
I was skippering a night dive trip in the San Juan Islands.
It was about 1:30am on our return to port.
There were 6 people on the boat. We all saw the same thing and honestly, if others did not see it I would not believe my eyes.
Not just the shape but the silence..speed and physics defying movements.
3 triangles silently looping around each other at crazy speed and then coming to seemingly a complete stop and just hanging there.
Not diving but flat looping like at the same elevation…. many miles up.
Planes don't loop like that. they can only move forward. These seemingly could move an direction.
Whether military or alien... definitely not a known object.
If it's Military (as I personally Strongly suspect), there is some serious technology being hidden from the public.


No pictures so I guess it did not happen.
__________________
Andy
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #33
Corran
Registered User
 
Corran is offline
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,298
Dead silence in the sky, a close fly-by. Very close to a military test range. My suspicion is a silent helicopter, the way it moved. Very bright - the reflection on the water is from the light, not something else.

  Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018   #34
hexfan
Registered User
 
hexfan is offline
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 4
Corran, love that photo. Can you share some more information? Camera, exposure?

I forget who posted this comment, but certainly at this point there is so much anecdotal data and now with modern imaging, ETs are on the cusp of becoming absolutely undeniable. I come from a science background so I don't usually put that much stock in anecdotes, but at some point it becomes convincing. Even though we haven't been able to get hard data because of their technology that seems to be changing or to have already changed. It seems that most countries with an air force have lots of gun camera footage now and are keeping them under wraps until a head of state decides to make disclosure.

The original poster (Nick I believe) made reference to the Nimitz gun camera footage. Its pretty soft, but in my mind along with the testimony it holds water. Nimitz again is the name of the navy aircraft carrier from which the highly decorated fighter pilot, Fravor observed these UFOs off the coast of California. You can probably find the two clips just searching on youtube and they are linked through the To the Stars Academy website. One is called the "tic-tac" video so named I think because of the oblong shape of the crafts. They were seen on radar for several days before pilots were ordered to approach them. When Fravor made an aggressive maneuver toward them he was unable to approach them. They rapidly moved to the pilots' next destination.

I hadn't heard of the Bucks county sighting surprisingly. I just starting learning about this stuff back in March. A political commentator I really like who does a show on Youtube has reported quite a bit on UFOs now. He's interviewed a number of people and you have to be pretty skeptical of some of them, but I feel a lot of this info at this point cannot be brushed under the rug and attributed to things like military testing and psychosis. Among those with testimony are a former Arizona governor and a former president. Check out Jamarl Thomas's channel, and this interview of Stephen Bassett which I thought was the best so far. It's a bit into the reporting already but I think still a good place to start and go back from there...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSGl6A79Jgc

-Ben

  Reply With Quote

Old 06-28-2018   #35
FujiLove
Registered User
 
FujiLove is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by zauhar View Post
Hey Nick, I have not bothered to respond to anything on RFF for at least a year! Thanks for this fascinating topic .

Regarding comment (troll?) from Fujilove, I have seen dozens of police helicopters (thousands? really?) with their searchlights turned on, and on two occasions had aforesaid searchlight focused directly upon me, and I will attest that whatever is shown in the YouTube video is NOT a police helicopter with searchlight turned on.

Fujilove, a 'photographer' with such a poor eye as yours should really be banished from RFF ! ;-)

Randy
Hi Randy - I'm sorry you don't like hearing the opinions of people who have different views to yourself, and feel you have to describe them as trolls, denigrate and call for them to be banned. I've noticed quite a bit of this attitude on here. Maybe it's the example being set by your president? He seems to encourage that sort of behaviour.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-28-2018   #36
Archiver
Registered User
 
Archiver is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTrop View Post
The Mrs and I are trying to decide where to go for our 30th Anniversary that's coming up. You just put Bali on the list. That night sky is absolutely amazing!
For a very different place where the night sky is incredible, I've been reading about Lake Tekapo in New Zealand. They have banned street lights and any possible source of light pollution that would obscure their beautiful night sky. Being a long time star buff, and having a mild but longstanding interest in UFOs, Lake Tekapo looks like a very cool place.

Google for 'lake tekapo stars' and you'll see what I mean.

I've never seen a UFO, let alone taken a picture of one. I'm open to the possibility that there are aerial vehicles that are not of human origin, although I consider most of the UFO and abduction stories to be pleasant fiction unless proven otherwise.
__________________
~Loving Every Image Captured Always~
Archiver on flickr
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-28-2018   #37
FujiLove
Registered User
 
FujiLove is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTrop View Post
There was no mass delusion. I can verify this by my own account. I had absolutely NO knowledge of the Belgium Wave. None. I had NO interest in UFOs. None. I had no knowledge of the Bucks County wave.

What I saw, driving along one night on a small road were two massive hovering black triangles. They were completely silent, and as plain and obvious as anything else you might see. They were not planes, they were not blimps, there were compltely unlike anything else I had ever seen. I was completely sober, not high, I was driving home from work.

I did not just glimpse at them. I stopped my car, got out of my car, and stared at them for many minutes. I drove a different direction after a few minutes to get a different perspective.
And what did you conclude after viewing them from different angles and distances? How large were they, for instance? What did the police, government, air traffic control etc. have to say when you reported it?

What sort of terrain was it over? Any buildings nearby? Is it a populated or remote area? Any constructions going on that could have created that sort of shape in the sky (such as huge pieces of material stretched out with wires).

Did you speak to the local meteorologists? Did you contact local universities to check if they had been running any experiments? Ditto research establishments?

Did you speak to the FAA, aircraft manufacturers, or even aircraft recognition experts and try to find out whether there are aircraft that look like the ones you saw from certain angles? Some balloons are very odd shapes, for instance.

Did you contact the local news? If so, who else saw them?

I'm asking all these questions because I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here and bet you didn't bust a gut and spend any real time chasing up all the avenues to check what earthly phenomenon you witnessed. If I had to guess, I'd bet that you instead thought, 'Aliens!', and just went off right down that track.

Am I close to the truth, or way off the mark?

(This is the point at which you say I'm way off the mark, and you exhausted every avenue of possibility. Right? But we both know that unless you're a high ranking military official with access to the Pentagon's list of experimental aircraft flights, all the aerospace manufacturer's project plans, an expert meteorologist, have a PhD in fluid dynamics etc. etc. you couldn't possibly conclude that what you saw was 'alien')

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTrop View Post
1. I had no knowledge of black triangles. I had not seen any news reports before seeing them. Therefore it was NOT "mass delusion".

2. I only learned of the Bucks County Wave many months after the fact.

3. I only heard of the Belgium Wave after learning about "black triangles". They met the exact description of what I saw in 2008.

I can understand your skepticism. But guess what? If you think these things don't exist, you're completely wrong. I can tell you from my own first-hand experience that this is not mass delusion because I know nothing about any of this prior. It's not like I saw a news report and "thought" I "might have" seen them.

The "mass delusion" thing is a cop-out. As a civilization we are in complete denial.
What I've noticed is that UFO sightings are a lot like religion:

"I experienced something I don't understand, therefore: GOD"

"I experienced something I don't understand, therefore: ALIENS"

All it 'proves' is that the observer is seeing something they don't understand. It's nothing more than the human condition at work. You're seeing what you want to see. As a species we love to see more than there really is and apply our own biases and theories (faces in abstract patterns, creatures rising out of the craggy shapes of volcanic lava etc.)

Bear in mind that we live on a planet where millions of people believe that Mother Teresa performed actual miracles and cured people of cancers. They are able to believe this despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. They WANT to believe a magic amulet healed a woman's tumour (presumably via the power of god), rather than the boring reality of all the chemotherapy she was receiving.

Show me some good, hard scientific evidence and I'll be as excited as you about the discovery of aliens here on earth. But I've not seen the tiniest scrap of real evidence that wouldn't get laughed out of the lab. Everything is either hearsay or fuzzy video of lights (that, funnily enough, I could create in my back garden).

And finally, don't forget this simple but sad fact: people just make things up. They make things up because they want to feel special, and sometimes because they have mental conditions which cause a compulsion to lie. Others have compulsions to agree with others, to fit in with the group, and these compulsions sometimes extend to pretending to have had the same experiences. Some people read and see things in movies and convince themselves they saw the same thing when they were children. The reality is nothing exists but their own thoughts.

I'm not saying the above applies to you, or this case, but I'm convinced it is a significant factor with UFO sightings in general. I wonder how many of the 'hundreds of Belgians' who witnessed the triangles would turn out to have personality disorders if tested? I'd bet it would be significantly higher than the general public.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-28-2018   #38
FujiLove
Registered User
 
FujiLove is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by FujiLove View Post
They make things up because they want to feel special, and sometimes because they have mental conditions which cause a compulsion to lie.
And also remember that millions of people have physical and mental conditions which cause them to see, hear and smell things that are not there. Mix in a bucket load of subconscious suggestion, being alone in the dark, images of UFOs from movies and books, fear of the unknown, weird noises, meteorological phenomena, psycho active drugs, prescribed medication, experimental aircraft etc. etc. and it's a wonder hundreds of 'UFO sightings' aren't reported in every city, every day.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-28-2018   #39
John Lawrence
Registered User
 
John Lawrence is offline
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,847
The only 'flying saucers' I've seen were those thrown at me by an ex-girlfriend during one of our skirmishes - and I was far too busy trying to avoid them to take any pictures!

John
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-28-2018   #40
FujiLove
Registered User
 
FujiLove is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTrop View Post
The photo, which was picked up by the media and widely distributed, was unfortunately later discovered to be faked. This does not discount the veracity of the incident but is rather indicative of sloppy journalism that got itself"punked". The pilot, Col. Wilfried Brouwer, of the incident has been interviewed. Like Navy Commander Fraver of the recently declassified Nitiz incident of 2004, Col Brouwer concludes the tech is not of earthly origin. Here is one of his few English interviews (you're welcome) straight from the horse's mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdEALPvl_4Q
The Belgian incident occurred over one of the busiest routes for commercial aviation in the world: the Eastern approach to the UK's busiest airports. It's covered by so much radar that you can't fly a kite without a controller seeing you. So where's all the radar footage of these massive aircraft? Where are the civil and military controllers (must be hundreds) who witnessed it? Where is the cockpit footage from the intercept aircraft (which are bristling with cameras that cover all sorts of wavelengths)? Where are the civilian pilots who must have witnessed these huge aircraft massing over Belgium? Where are the radio messages from all the civilian pilots who must have been flying over the area (on the radio channels which thousands of aircraft enthusiasts in Europe listen to)?

Where's all that huge mass of crucial evidence? Or how about just one tiny bit of it? Why is all that not on OpenMinds.tv ?!

LOL
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:58.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner.