Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film > Photo Software

Photo Software Discussions of all the photo software - except scanning software which is in the forum with scanners.

Mastin Labs presets anyone?
Old 03-28-2018   #1
Wouter2

Mastin Labs presets anyone?

I’m tired of digitally processing my raw files and looking for an easy solution. Mastin Labs presets look promising, especially the Kodak Ektar ‘pushed’ set. Any experience or opinion on this?

Old 03-28-2018   #2
retinax

I think using pre-fab presets isn't going to save you much work compared to making your own presets. Buying presets only makes sense if you love the look and cant get there otherwise. You still need to individually adjust things from time to time.

Old 03-28-2018   #3
retinax

Sorry I didn't answer your actual question, I don't know about them.

Old 03-28-2018   #4
Scottboarding

They're really nice! They don't have Ektar pushed; did you mean Portra pushed? That pack is definitely my favorite. The original Portra is really nice too, but it is a lot more subtle than the pushed pack.

That being said, I prefer Replichrome. It has all of the Portra films and Ektar films, and you have the option of Frontier or Noritsu. It also has the option of over exposed or underexposed for the film presets. Pack 1 contains Portra and Ektar, Fujicolor pro films, Tri-x, TMAX 3200, Plus-X, and Kodak BW 400CN. You get all of those for the same price as one Mastin pack so I would say it's a better deal.