Canon 9000F MKii Colours `Off`
Old 11-27-2016   #1
Jake Mongey

Canon 9000F MKii Colours `Off`

Hey,
Ive made a post about this before but wasnt able to come to an answer as i thought my scanner just couldn't tolerate ektar however upon scanning more rolls of colour film my scanner produced images with completely off colors and huge amounts of noise. This example from a roll of kodak gold 200 shot in iceland and lab developed produced perfect prints but here`s what i got when scanned:

This happens with every other type of colour film I have put through it and i was wondering if anyone knows what is causing this. I have contacted canon just now but I just wanted to see what you guys have to say about it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161127_0001.jpg (25.8 KB, 45 views)

Old 11-27-2016   #2
Bille

What software are you using? Could you possibly scan raw?

Read also: http://tedfelix.com/Photography/ColorNegative.html

Old 11-27-2016   #3
Prest_400
Multiformat

I don't know much about Canon flatbeds but for Epson, I have a v550.
First off, a lot about scanning is Software and Workflow. The learning curve is steep. I've got OK results but am no master of it.

In Epson Scan first off I hit autoexposure, which gets the color roughly there. Afterwards it's time to put black and white points in the histogram (leaving some headroom). By then, the image may be flat but decent in colour. Epson Scan I find gets cool/cyan scans out of Color Negative (Portra).

Scanning as TIFF (you want to manipulate that), afterwards it's time to load into LR. I use RawTherapee, which is free software and does about the same. There goes the fine tuning of exposure-Curves-Levels, contrast and color correction (WB) & Sharpening. Exporting the final file to a Jpeg.

I may recommend the very helpful guide written by Colton Allen. Google it around the forum and there should be a link.