Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > TLR Forum - Twin Lens Reflex

TLR Forum - Twin Lens Reflex another alternative to the dreaded SLR way of seeing, this forum for all format TLR cameras

looking for a template to recover my rolleicord
Old 09-10-2014   #1
someonenameddavid

looking for a template to recover my rolleicord

And a good source of leatherette. Anyone care to offer ideas?

David

Old 09-13-2014   #2
Dan Daniel

Which model?

Old 09-14-2014   #3
Ong

Doesn't what's his name at Cameraleather.com do all leatherettes for any rollei as long as you send him a photo to get the right model?
Though from what I recall YMMV may vary.

Old 09-14-2014   #4
greyelm
Malcolm

To make a DIY template I've seen the use of masking tape to exactly cover the existing covering which can then be easily peeled off. This template can be stuck onto the new piece of covering to allow it to be cut to size.

Old 09-14-2014   #5
marek_

Quote:
To make a DIY template I've seen the use of masking tape to exactly cover the existing covering which can then be easily peeled off. This template can be stuck onto the new piece of covering to allow it to be cut to size.
Good idea. But be aware that masking tape can pull away paint, so try keeping to where the covering sits.

Old 09-14-2014   #6
someonenameddavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
Which model?
It's a IId or IIe not entirely sure.

It's old an a bit loose but I have an ongoing project to collect 1949 Era cameras.

Old 09-14-2014   #7
Dan Daniel

I can send you a pattern for a Rolleicord Va in an illustrator or eps format. Most likely the back and sides will be fine with some adjustments for the focus knob reversal- Rollei seemed to keep basic body castings and such pretty consistent after WWII. The front panel is the big question. It might be the same outside with internal variations but I can't say for certain.

Life will be much simpler if you send cameraleather.com some photos and stay on Morgan to deliver, though. Hand-cutting leatherette for cameras usually gets to be pretty ugly.

Old 09-15-2014   #8
Drago

i just recovered a Rolleicord II with the leather from cameraleather and couldn't be happier The camera smells good now and looks a lot better than before.

Old 09-19-2014   #9
one90guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago View Post
i just recovered a Rolleicord II with the leather from cameraleather and couldn't be happier The camera smells good now and looks a lot better than before.
He has a great product, fit has always been right on. My only connection is a happy customer.