Weird white line in the negative.
Old 06-15-2011   #1
PollitowuzHere
street shooter

Weird white line in the negative.

Pulling out the roll from the reel, I notice an odd white line running along the top part of the negative. It's a milky white color, runs the length of almost the entire roll. It doesn't affect the pictures per se, it's just on top of the sprocket holes. Don't know what it is or what cause it, I've developed two other rolls using the same chemicals and they don't have this line. Film used was Legacy Pro (Neopan) 400, developed in HC-110 dil. B. Maybe it was caused while loading (?) since I had a difficult time getting the roll into the reel. Any help?
Canonet QL17

Old 06-15-2011   #2
tj01

maybe the reels touching the film while in the tanl, the chems didn't have a chance to work on them.

Old 06-18-2011   #3
smillie
Coffee drinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj01 View Post
maybe the reels touching the film while in the tanl, the chems didn't have a chance to work on them.
This sounds most likely to me; that milky color is under-fixing. It can stain if left, and might reach the image area.

Re-fixing and re-rinsing the film is probably the best solution, and doesn't present any particular hazards.