Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Gearhead Delights > Repair / Camera Care

Repair / Camera Care This is a good place to discuss the care and repair of your photo gear. You can share Do-It-Yourself repair and maintenance, as well as your recommendations for pro repairs. This new forum was created 4/1/07. PLEASE title your thread wisely, so others searching for a certain make of camera or repair person can find your thread easily!

Hasselblad CLA/Repair
Old 03-27-2019   #1
ChipMcD

Hasselblad CLA/Repair

Don't know how many Hasselblad film shooters there are around here, but I have had several good experiences with Dave Odess (http://www.david-odess.com/). He just finished CLA on a 500 C/M, a 100mm Planar and 2 backs and did my SWC some years ago. He is cheaper than Hasselblad USA, where he worked before striking out on his own. He's also a gentleman to deal with. He has gotten busy now, and turnaround is in the 10-12 week range.

Old 06-14-2019   #2
dourbalistar

Dave Odess seems to be the gold standard for Hasselblad CLA and repair. However, given the wait time, does anybody have recommendations for another good Hasselblad repair shop?

I have a 500 C/M that needs a CLA. Suddenly, everything seems to be front focused, with the focus point a few inches in front of the intended target. From what I've been able to gather, it is an issue with deteriorated foam pads under the mirror.

flickr