Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > 120 / 220 film RF's

120 / 220 film RF's 120 / 220 format rangefinders including Fuji, Koni-Omega, Mamiya Press, Linhof 6x7/6x9 cameras, Mamiya 6/7 among others, but excluding the 120 folders and the Voigtlander 667 cameras that have their own forums.

Old 03-24-2019   #81
tbhv55

Quote:
Originally Posted by taomei View Post
Bronica SQ-AI is a cheap budget option for a Hasselblad style 6x6 with great cheap lenses available, often within your $600 budget for a 2 lens kit.

Seconded! The SQ cameras are sensibly-priced, and very good.

It takes a short while to dial into their modus operandi (I guess it'd be the same with a Hasselblad), but they're fun once you get with it.

Old 03-27-2019   #82
RObert Budding

“If you don't know where you're going, you'll end up someplace else.”
~ Yogi Berra

"He could be right, he could be wrong. I think he's wrong but he says it in such a sincere way. You have to think he thinks he's right."
~ Bob Dylan

Old 03-27-2019   #83
Jamie123

Koni Omega if you're shooting bw and don't mind the size. Otherwise I'd say Fuji GW690. It's got a really nice lens for color imo.

Old 03-27-2019   #84
Godfrey
somewhat colored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
An update on my "new" Fuji GS645S Wide 60:
I'll post pics of it soon as it arrives back so I can satisfy B-9's desire for me to gloat about it... LOL!
The camera has arrived back from service and is just waiting to be loaded and used now. I've fitted a B+W 49mm wide, metal lens hood, suitable for up to a FF 35mm FoV.

Beauty shots taken quickly with iPhone 8 Plus ... I'll do some better ones when I have a few moments more to spare:

Fujifilm GS645S Wide 60 Professional

It's a lovely piece of kit. Can't wait to put it to work now!

G

Old 03-27-2019   #85
B-9
Devin Bro

Sweet! Happy Shooting!

RangefinderGuy @ Instagram

Old 04-03-2019   #86
Godfrey
somewhat colored

First test roll out of the Fuji GS645S Wide 60 Professional, drying:

Wheee!

Processed with the Rondinax 60. Looks like one frame was skunked by poor loading (frame #2 at the bottom of the hanging roll; my fault) but everything else looks great.

G

Old 04-03-2019   #87
Huss

nice frame spacing

Old 04-03-2019   #88
B-9
Devin Bro

Agreed,

Some of my old Kiev photos are close enough to be considered double exposures. Lol

RangefinderGuy @ Instagram

Old 04-03-2019   #89
Huss

As I mentioned earlier, I have the GW690III, Veriwide 100 etc for my MF jam.

But I could not resist to pick this up from Fedka (as he makes sure it works)
http://fedka.com/catalog/product_inf...roducts_id=513

Moskva-5 folder. $145. Dual format 6x6 and 6x9. I shoot it 6x6 as I already have the other bases covered with the other cameras but I may try 6x9. It is so nice how compact it is.

From my first roll (and only, just got it and this was to make sure no light leaks!)

This is a super mediocre scan as I did it quick n dirty with the FilmLab app on my phone, just to see if there are leaks. When I have a moment, I will scan the roll properly to see what the camera can do. Right now very happy with this $145 camera!

Old 04-03-2019   #90
Godfrey
somewhat colored

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-9 View Post
Agreed,

Some of my old Kiev photos are close enough to be considered double exposures. Lol
Fuji's MF cameras are typically very good at the film transport, and Frank Marshman went through the whole camera when I sent it in for the sticky rangefinder. They also run only 15 frames per roll instead of the often/common 16 frames for 645, so there is plenty of film to work with.

The film is nice and dry now, I'll set up and scan it in a little while; maybe after dinner.

G

Old 04-03-2019   #91
Huss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
Fuji's MF cameras are typically very good at the film transport, and Frank Marshman went through the whole camera when I sent it in for the sticky rangefinder. They also run only 15 frames per roll instead of the often/common 16 frames for 645, so there is plenty of film to work with.

The film is nice and dry now, I'll set up and scan it in a little while; maybe after dinner.

G
I find the 15 frames a shame. My Mamiya 645ProTL also did that, and there was plenty of film space for 16. My Hasselblad 645 fits 16 easily onto the 120 film strip, with plenty of frame spacing.

Old 04-03-2019   #92
Godfrey
somewhat colored

I've never given it a moments thought. 15 vs 16 is irrelevant. Half the time I pull film early because I'm done with my session and want to process it immediately anyway.

Old 04-03-2019   #93
Godfrey
somewhat colored

From the Fuji GS645S Wide 60 Professional first test roll. Captured to digital with the Film Lab app on an iPhone 8 Plus.

First time I'd used the Film Lab app. It's a bit funky but it does a decent job and is very quick. :-)

I'll do finish captures with the Leica CL copy setup when I have a little more time.

enjoy!
G

Old 04-13-2019   #94
Godfrey
somewhat colored

I went to visit my old photographer/Minox guru buddy down in SLO this past week. Don is 94 now, still as sharp as can be, and a total pleasure to be able to spend time with still! We've done a lot of photography together over the years ...

We went to Morro Bay and wandered about the little marina where we had lunch. I shot my second roll through the Fuji GS645S Wide 60 ... and I have to say, I love this camera as much or more now than I did when I had the first one of them so many years ago! It's just right in the hand in so many ways.

This was a roll of XP2 Super exposed at EI 320, kind of a perfect film speed for the GS645S. I processed it at home in HC-110 @ 1:49 for 10 minutes. The XP2 Super negatives processed that way are just about perfect! And the Fuji has such an excellent lens!

A portrait of my friend Don K. as we sat talking after lunch in the marina cafe on Morro Bay ...

Fuji GS645S Wide 60 Professional
Ilford XP2 Super film
Processed in Agfa Rondinax 60 using HC-110 1:49 for 10 min

full rez:
https://live.staticflickr.com/7927/4...0d9c5afd_o.jpg

I've included the link to a full-resolution JPEG. The sharpness, texture, and tones of this film are just lovely. The capture with the Leica CL and Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm lens nets a 22.1 MPixel image when set up right ... enough for almost anything.

enjoy,
G

Old 04-13-2019   #95
p.giannakis
Pan Giannakis

I don't know if someone has mentioned it already but have a look in Ikoflexes. I had the Ib with the tessar lens and it was excellent.

My review of it here: http://pansfilmcameras.blogspot.com/...ex-ib.html?m=1

The Monochrome Archives
Instagram

Old 04-13-2019   #96
Wenge

Mamiya 645 1000s + 80mm/2.8

Old 04-13-2019   #97
bhop73

I just bought this perfectly functional 500c for $600 a couple weeks ago.. so a(n older) Hasselblad is doable if you look around.

Old 04-14-2019   #98
Bill Clark

Sell the film on ebay.

Old 04-14-2019   #99
Greyscale

Rolleiflex K4A is the best bargain in top tier TLR cameras, the late model Rolleicords are also very good. But if you want a TLR at an affordable price with a lens that rivals the best of the German TLRs for a fraction of the price, look no further than the Ricoh Diacord L. It also has perhaps the best focusing mechanism of any TLR.

My RFF Gallery

Old 05-15-2019   #100
Godfrey
somewhat colored

Following up with the GS645S Wide 60 ... I had the third roll (Fuji 100) in the camera when I took it to a weekend event, finished it and shot another roll of Fuji HP5.

I processed the two rolls yesterday afternoon. Both rolls were processed with Kodacraft daylight processing tanks (you know, the ones with the 'lasagna' plastic roll to hold the film separated rather than a spiral reel—very easy and quick to load in a tiny changing bag ) using HC-110 in my usual 1:49 concentration, 9 minutes at 74°F. I processed them freight train style: mix up one set of chemistry, develop one, develop the second while the first is fixing, etc. Works great, I had both rolls hanging from the start in 40 minutes.

Roll 3 had a problem when I unloaded the camera: the backing paper for some reason was a bit loose on the spool and I feared that a lot of it had been exposed to light when I handled it coming out of the camera. I snugged it as much as I could and wrapped it in foil ... happily, there is only a little edge darkening on a few frames, most of it is fine. This roll also pointed out that I have to spend a bit more time re-learning how to use flash to get better exposure: most of the flash photos I made with it are a bit too thin (but digital image processing will retrieve most of what's there). All the ambient light exposures for both rolls are right on the money, proving that Frank Marshman's complete service has left me with an excellent and well calibrated meter.

So far, I'm feeling that this camera is simply ideal for ISO 400 films: HP5 and XP2 Super (processed in HC-110) just sing with it. I found the ACROS 100 a bit slow for general use. Flash: I'll use the Sekonic L58 flash meter more of the time, I relied too much on the flash unit's auto metering function this time.

Scans a bit later today, if I have time. I'm thoroughly enjoying having one of these cameras again..

G

Old 05-18-2019   #101
Godfrey
somewhat colored

A couple of the people shots from that event ... Snapshots, really.

Processed and formatted for posting very quickly. My more 'still life' type shots I'm still working on.

Our Fearless Leader - Jug Handle Moto Event 2019

click the image above to see the rest

I enjoy shooting with this camera so much!

G

Old 05-18-2019   #102
emraphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai-san View Post
I forgot about TLR's, they are great when you get used to them. One of the undervalued gems is the Minolta Autocord. The Rokkor lenses are knife sharp and it is a joy to use. I think you can still get them for a very good price.
Second the Autocord. A friend has one and I have had the pleasure of using it. Beautiful lens and well thought out controls