Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Large Format Film RF

Large Format Film RF Forum for Large Format Rangefinders (generally 4x5 or larger format) iIncluding Linhof 4x5, Graflex 4x5, and other Large Format Rangefinders.

ICA Reflex SLR
Old 04-10-2019   #1
Jake Mongey

ICA Reflex SLR

I have recently stumbled upon a ICA reflex in what looks to be very nice condition for 35 local to me. I am unsure of film format but it *seems* to look like either 3.25 x 4.25 or 9x12 with a ziess 15cm 4.5 tessar.

A LF (I know its technically smaller than 4x5) SLR has been on my wishlist for some time but I would never pay full price for one so this is a bit of a blessing for me. I have a mate who services LF SLRs professionally who I can send pictures to while im there to give me advice on conditon.

I am more concerned about acquiring film for it, I know about the ilford ULF run but are there any other films currently being made for these formats in sheets?

If its all good I am very excited to get my hands on one of these after dabbling in 4x5 with the college MPP and zone focusing with flash at london fashion week but I always wanted to get a full blown SLR!

Old 04-10-2019   #2
BernardL

Look up:
https://www.fotoimpex.com/films/sheet-films/
where you will find 3.25 x 4.25 and (further down) 9x12cm, and many other formats.

You also have the option of X-ray film, that you need to cut to your size. See also this (long!) thread:
https://www.largeformatphotography.i...highlight=Xray

Old 04-10-2019   #3
Jake Mongey

Perfect, further digging has confirmed its half plate so CHS 100 it is! Thank you - i forgot about adox!

I have cut down film, before but never got it precise enough in the dark

Old 04-11-2019   #4
BillBingham2

Build a jig out of thin plywood and mounting board. Use the plywood as the base. Cut and paste the mounting board L so that when you line up the film the cut parts are over the two edges. Might use a piece of photo paper on the plywood, glued, face up. This protects the film emulsion from scratching or getting dirty. Use a razor knife for trimming the film.

Just a few thoughts.

B2 (;->