Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Leica Screw Mount / LTM Cameras

Bought a time machine IIIf ST with 50 3.5 Elmar - came with film
Old 10-10-2016   #1
GarageBoy

Bought a time machine IIIf ST with 50 3.5 Elmar - came with film

So I picked up a iiif st with a 3.5 elmar - I went to wind and fire the shutter to see if it needs a CLA (it does) and noticed there was a roll in it - unwound it (didn't realize it took forever, and that's coming from someone who used a contaflex for a bit), pulled it out, and wow, it's a long leader Kodachrome 25 roll with zebra stripes - it was about 27 shots in - should I have blue moon try and develop it, or should I keep it as is?

Old 10-10-2016   #2
madNbad

If you look at Blue Moons' site you see they can process Kodachrome but only as B&W negative. It's $18.00 pre paid but it might be worth it to see what's on the roll.

Old 10-10-2016   #3
GarageBoy

Right, I know it can only be done as B&W - I guess I'll give it a shot - I was just torn between keeping a roll of film that came from the factory for Leica, and seeing what was taken on that roll...

Old 10-10-2016   #4
02Pilot
Malcontent

I'd say you've got to develop it. Found film is great fun.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Old 10-10-2016   #5
farlymac
PF McFarland

You could ask for the canister back, so at least you would have that to show in case the film doesn't develop well enough to get prints off it.

I've got some of them myself, but am not interested in what is on them, as likely they've been exposed by the curious opening the backs, considering where they came from.

PF

Old 10-10-2016   #6
goamules

I'd develop it. The pictures if they come out would be worth more than $18 for entertainment value, and a random film canister is about worthless. Just pick one up later if you want a display piece, but the film could have something interesting on it. Or not.

Old 10-10-2016   #7
Paulbe

By ALL means develop it! May be some priceless images on there--for 18.00--what can you lose? Two lattes at Charbux? :-)
Paul

Old 10-10-2016   #8
bayernfan

please develop and share the images.

Old 10-10-2016   #9
p.giannakis
Pan Giannakis

We should start a dedicated 'show your found film ' thread.

The Monochrome Archives
Instagram

Old 10-11-2016   #10
David Hughes
David Hughes

Hi,

Years ago, every time I bought a used camera in a charity shop it would have a dead battery in it and a half used film. I'd put a new battery in and finish the film as a cheap way of testing it. FWIW, other people's photo's are boring and old film can look dreadful with flat bland colours and streaks from light leaks after years in the camera...

Regards, David

Old 10-11-2016   #11
scigeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hughes View Post
Hi,

Years ago, every time I bought a used camera in a charity shop it would have a dead battery in it and a half used film. I'd put a new battery in and finish the film as a cheap way of testing it. FWIW, other people's photo's are boring and old film can look dreadful with flat bland colours and streaks from light leaks after years in the camera...

Regards, David
Hey!
Some of us like flat, bland colours!