Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Being a Photographer > Off Topic

Off Topic Feel like venting or just passing a joke? If so, do it here. Please keep it clean. Minors do visit this site.

Leica M6 inbound to US customs
Old 07-14-2016   #1
alexandru_voicu

Leica M6 inbound to US customs

Hi everyone,

I would like to consult you on a very important matter to me. In short, a month ago I bought a Leica M6 CL (manufactured in 1991) in new condition from Leica Shop (Austria). Given that the camera hadn't any signs of use, I thought it would be best to send it to DAG for a CLA and finder upgrade. Said and done. I shipped it by EMS and, according to the tracking number, it arrived to New York on June 24 (three weeks ago to the day). Since then, it has remained "inbound to customs". Have you ever experienced this? Should I be extremely worried about the outcome?

Many thanks and any thought into this would be highly appreciated!

Alex

Old 07-15-2016   #2
jonmanjiro

Uncommon but it happens. See this thread > http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...d.php?t=156613

Old 07-26-2016   #3
alexandru_voicu

After being unbound into customs for one month, the camera finally arrived at its destination. Don (DAG camera) was kind enough to confirm, as the tracking number still says that the camera is in the customs. In other words, USPS didn't even bother to scan the package.