Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Konica RF / Zeiss Ikon ZM Leica Mount Rangefinders

Konica RF / Zeiss Ikon ZM Leica Mount Rangefinders Konica and Zeiss versions of the AE electronic film rangefinder camera

The Zeiss Service for the ZM
Old 09-20-2013   #1
krötenblender

The Zeiss Service for the ZM

Hi,

just wanted to post a positive experience: I'm traveling to Japan in a week for three weeks of taking pictures.

Just a week ago I noticed, that the RF in my silver Zeiss Ikon ZM was totally off. I guess, one of the harder rides with my bicycle that weekend was too much for the mechanics. Now, the ZM is one of the two cameras I wanted to take to Japan, but with a totally off RF, it's no use for me. I really was afraid, that I couldn't take it with me.

I sent it to the Zeiss customer service here in Germany and just got a mail, that the repair will be finished on tuesday. If they sent it back a day or two later, it should be here just in time on my way to the airport… Close shave, if that works out. But anyway, they were reacting fast and I expect a good result.

I really like this camera and would love to use it in Japan.

Old 09-20-2013   #2
EdwardKaraa

Zeiss service has always been exemplary in my experience.

Old 09-20-2013   #3
alexandru_voicu

Zeiss service is excellent. When I sent my ZI for a minor RF adjustment, it arrived back in about one week.

Old 09-21-2013   #4
_tom

I had the ZM limited edition sent to Zeiss for VF readjustment. Within four days I had the camera back,
they had also replaced my entire damaged leather covering of themselves! Zeiss has also donated an
identical new leather case (the one for the limited edition) for nothing - the old probably looked too worn.
That´s what I realy call service. And by the way, recently I bought a brand new Zeiss SW, ceased production
in 2006, they accepted my request for the extended warrenty without any hesitation.

blog: bildraum-f
mail:
_tom