Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Fuji X Series > Fuji X-100 Series

Fuji X-100 Series This forum is for fans of the rangefinder retrostyled Fuji X Series of digital cameras.

First US shipment week of April 25
Old 04-12-2011   #1
ochong

First US shipment week of April 25

Hi All,

Precision Camera posted an update on x100forum.com

Quote:
Received this from our Fujifilm representative today:

"1st shipment is going out early week of Apr25. You are getting product, although I don't know exact number. I just got my sample camera today so it's just about time."

I asked him about when we may receive allocation info:

"probably about the time they leave our DC, most likely mid-next week..."

Old 04-13-2011   #2
jsrockit

No new news there...

Old 04-13-2011   #3
ochong

I actually think it is as it's the first word that has supposedly come straight from a Fuji Rep, at least that I know of. Confirmation has to be news considering the way this launch has proceeded... lol

Yes it has been previously speculated or suggested that we finally will be seeing cameras shipped at the end of April, but we also have heard several dates before that have obviously come and past.

Old 04-13-2011   #4
jsrockit

Fuji already said the end of April somewhere weeks ago...

Old 04-13-2011   #5
jpmac55

The little shop I ordered the X100 from called. Fuji contacted them and said the X100's are scheduled to arrive in the States on May 11, 2011. Unfortunately, he had no idea when I'd be getting mine.

Old 04-13-2011   #6
jsrockit

I heard the little shops were getting shafted and the larger internet stores were getting the first supply. Of course, this is internet rumor.

Old 04-25-2011   #7
jsrockit

Any thing yet? Still this week right? Precision sent some people e-mails saying soon. None for me though... perhaps one of the other stores will come through for me.

Old 04-25-2011   #8
Wadcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrockit View Post
Any thing yet? Still this week right? Precision sent some people e-mails saying soon. None for me though... perhaps one of the other stores will come through for me.
I spoke to Precision today and nothing yet. They have no definite date on when the cameras are due to arrive but expect them sometime this week.

The wait is maddening!

Old 04-25-2011   #9
jpmac55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadcha View Post
I spoke to Precision today and nothing yet. They have no definite date on when the cameras are due to arrive but expect them sometime this week.

The wait is maddening!
The wait for me isn't as bad as the lack of useful update information from Fuji or their large dealers. Is it that difficult for smart companies to figure out the logistics of delivering camera's?

Old 04-26-2011   #10
jsrockit

Yeah, it seems strange that Canada is getting its second shipment at the same time the US is getting its first. Disaster aside, Fuji isn't being too forthcoming with the US... which I would guess is where the most pre-orders are.

Old 04-26-2011   #11
Keith
On leave from Gallifrey

It seems that we just wait ... no matter what part of the globe we inhabit.

It's no big deal really but I have a gallery opening to shoot on the 3rd of may and I really thought I might have had the camera prior to this to evaluate it's perfromance for this type of work ... but fat chance I'd say at this stage.

I don't really mind the wait but I am annoyed at the lack of information coming from DCW here in Oz where my order was placed over a month and a half ago. But then again if Fuji are telling them nothing ... what can they tell me?

The initial enthusiam for the X100 has wained a little which is probably not a bad thing. In the heat of the moment when a new camera hits the presses a lot of people just have to have it because they can. This delay is testing that enthusiasm IMO.

Old 04-28-2011   #12
ochong

And the latest from Precision Camera on x100forum.com:

Quote:
Latest word just received:

'Fuji supply has informed me that the x100 will be shipping TODAY to all accounts that are on 1st allocation list. The Earthquake in Japan did affect delivery to the U.S. later than expected, and we have inspected ALL cameras that were delivered to make sure they met our "Quality Level" before packaging. It appears that some of these were indeed not "at that level" so some cameras were sent back to Japan. This has left us with less than we had expected initially. This will affect everyones initial allocation expectations. There is nothing that could be done about this unfortunently. We have also logged all serial #'s of cameras delivered to track the destinations of all accounts receiving. We appreciate your patience in this process as I know you have been hit hard with customer inquiries. '

Old 04-28-2011   #13
jsrockit

Still sounds like a very limited amount of cameras...

Old 04-28-2011   #14
ochong

Yeah unfortunately it seems that way. I got in really early on the B&H pre-order so I've got my fingers crossed I'll make it in the first batch.

Old 04-28-2011   #15
Keith
On leave from Gallifrey

It's interesting to do an Amazon search for the X100.

Two sellers come up ... one offering the camera for $1900.00 and the other for $4000.00

The shipping delays and shortages have made a few unscrupulous individuals a fair bit of money I suspect ... that's a tragedy IMO!

Old 04-29-2011   #16
jsrockit

Stores have started shipping... (adorama and crutchfield).

Old 04-29-2011   #17
bwcolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
It's interesting to do an Amazon search for the X100.

Two sellers come up ... one offering the camera for $1900.00 and the other for $4000.00

The shipping delays and shortages have made a few unscrupulous individuals a fair bit of money I suspect ... that's a tragedy IMO!

There is nothing unscupulous about selling the X100 for $4000.00. It is a contract between two willing parties, without deception. If these people can sell the cameras for this much then good for them.

Old 04-29-2011   #18
agianelo

Mine was supposed to arrive Wednesday but the dealer said the shipment was delayed to install the new firmware upgrade.

Old 04-29-2011   #19
Ronald M

I hope mine come.

Last edited by Doug : 04-29-2011 at 22:43. Reason: "There is no way to make any decent pics until it does."

Old 04-29-2011   #20
AusDLK
Famous Photographer

Got one today at Precision Camera.

Old 04-29-2011   #21
Keith
On leave from Gallifrey

This camera is turbulent to say the least. It was basically born in the Japanese disaster and has arrived in the US amidst your tornados!

Old 04-30-2011   #22
sper
-

If you are interested in this Camera you should check the news section of X100forum.com. There is a lot of info there about people getting tracking numbers from Adorama, Ritz, Crutchfield, and Percision.

Percision says that they're going to be receiving another shipment, possibly Monday, which more cameras. Hopefully the other retailers will be too.

Like I was saying on that forum. B&H right now is the wildcard. They got cameras, but closed early. So nobody is going to know who's getting their pre order filled until Monday. I don't think they'll work in the warehouse Sunday. I heard an internet rumor that Adorama got 60 units, and it stands to reason that B&H will get a similar amount. However smaller retailers got numbers like 16-4 units. I know this because I called K&M and Fotocare and they told me how many they got.

Percision won't say how many they got, but people were getting cameras, and it sounds like they sent Steve Huff one, so enough to work with I guess.

My order is with B&H. So now I play the waiting game and hope to hear happy news on Monday.

Old 04-30-2011   #23
DanK

Red face

I received a nice call from bergan county camera today around 11:20 am. Seeing as I was second on their list from back in January and they got 4 cameras in, I have been playing with my new x100 for a few hours and so far it is fantasic. Focuses quicker then I thought it would.

Haven't yet imported anything for editing, that will be tomorrow. Feels grat in the hand, I hate the manual focus, hoping that will change with a firmware update. The Top controls as has been said, feel wonderful. The rear dial a bit cheap feeling, but no deal breaker. I have large fingers and haven't had a real problem with the rear dial aside from scrolling a bit. The menus are intuitive and I don't have a problem moving through them easily. Out on the street though, it could get a bit more dicey to make a quick change without really looking at what you are doing on the LCD.

I love the finder, such a well thought out concept and very well executed. There is some lag in low light with the EVF when panning but I can't see why I wuld ever use the EVF in low light anyway. I only see me using it for close ups.

Anyway, I'll get some images up ASAP.

Old 05-02-2011   #24
jsrockit

Mine arrives Tuesday. I hope it lives up to my expectations.

Old 05-02-2011   #25
willie_901

I just heard from my local camera store here in the mid-west that my X-100 arrived. So they are showing up outside of large on-line retailers as well.
Basically, I mean, ah—well, let’s say that for me anyway when a photograph is interesting, it’s interesting because of the kind of photographic problem it states—which has to do with the . . . contest between content and form.
Garry Winogrand
williamchuttonjr.com

Old 05-02-2011   #26
ochong

I sure hope B&H says something today... preferably in the form of an email saying it's been shipped

Old 05-02-2011   #27
jsrockit

I can't believe they haven't already.

Old 05-02-2011   #28
bdzero1

I just got email from Adorama. They will send out my X100 today!
Ordered mine Jan 16.

I also ordered hood on mid march, they didnt send it out yet.

Old 05-02-2011   #29
goffer

Ordered mine from Amazon on Feb 19th... got an ETA email from Amazon today for either May 4th or 5th

Old 05-02-2011   #30
willie_901

I got a phone call out of the blue the morning. My pre-order at a local camera shop was waiting for me. I canceled my pre-order with Precision Camera, so somebody moved up a slot.

I had two gigs today but was able to pick the X100 just before lunch. I've been playing around a bit. Today was one of the darkest, gloomy days of the spring here in the mid-west. I have a lot of photo shoots this week too.

So far it seems like a blend of the Zeiss Ikon M and the Lumix G1. The OVF is really nice and bright. I was playing around in EV 5 - 7 light. AF seemed quick enough. It is very similar to the LUMIX G1. The MF when zoomed-in seems to work better than what I've been reading about. In noticed the EVF does lag a bit during manual focus in low light. The EVF is much better than the LUMIX G1 because the display is so much bigger and brighter. I have AF set up to work with the AF/AE button such that it is decoupled from the shutter press. I think focus and recompose will be very quick. I formatted the SHDC first thing. The start up times seem normal. Of course the start up is slower than the D700. I am starting out using hardly any automation. I do use AE mode sometimes. I begin MF with AF-S with the EVF, switch to OVF to recompose and set exposure.

Anyway, so far... so good.
Basically, I mean, ah—well, let’s say that for me anyway when a photograph is interesting, it’s interesting because of the kind of photographic problem it states—which has to do with the . . . contest between content and form.
Garry Winogrand
williamchuttonjr.com

Old 05-03-2011   #31
jsrockit

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie_901 View Post
So far it seems like a blend of the Zeiss Ikon M and the Lumix G1.
That's not a bad combo!

b+h
Old 05-03-2011   #32
fixxer

b+h

Talked to BH yesterday, they claim their shipment sailed on the 29th of April, and has not arrived. They do claim it is a LARGE shipment.