Getting back to my M9
Old 11-08-2018   #1
ZoomP

Getting back to my M9

I've kinda stopped shooting actively for a few years. Recently, prompted by a friend, I decided to do a check on my lenses and cameras just to ensure they are working fine. Sadly, had to send a vintage Topcor 50 f2.0 and a Zeiss 21 f2.8 for CLA due to oil on aperture blades and a squeaky turning.

Wanted to use the M9 to check shutter speeds on my film bodies and realised it was displaying low battery warning despite a fully charged battery... which prompted me to go buy a new battery @ Leica store. Tried the M10 and M10P while waiting and realised how much I've enjoyed the Rangefinder shooting experience after doing a few test shots on the new Ms.

To cut the long story short, I've since took out my M9 from retirement and bought me a new 35mm fast lens. I've always been a 50mm guy, but now that I'm older with deteriorating eyesight, I find the 35mm more forgiving.

Here's to hopefully many years more to come on my twice revived M9 (sensors replaced FOC twice in the past).

Good to be back!!

New Voigtlander 35 f1.2 V2. Loving this [email protected]

Old 12-26-2018   #2
Archiver

Looks like you're having a lot of fun! The M9 is a great camera, still loving mine after almost nine years.

Old 12-26-2018   #3
Contarama

Set it at f8 and forget it

Old 12-31-2018   #4
JoeLopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomP View Post
I've kinda stopped shooting actively for a few years. Recently, prompted by a friend, I decided to do a check on my lenses and cameras just to ensure they are working fine. Sadly, had to send a vintage Topcor 50 f2.0 and a Zeiss 21 f2.8 for CLA due to oil on aperture blades and a squeaky turning.

Wanted to use the M9 to check shutter speeds on my film bodies and realised it was displaying low battery warning despite a fully charged battery... which prompted me to go buy a new battery @ Leica store. Tried the M10 and M10P while waiting and realised how much I've enjoyed the Rangefinder shooting experience after doing a few test shots on the new Ms.

To cut the long story short, I've since took out my M9 from retirement and bought me a new 35mm fast lens. I've always been a 50mm guy, but now that I'm older with deteriorating eyesight, I find the 35mm more forgiving.

Here's to hopefully many years more to come on my twice revived M9 (sensors replaced FOC twice in the past).

Good to be back!!

New Voigtlander 35 f1.2 V2. Loving this [email protected]

Very nice

Other gear: Minolta X-570, Nikon F3/T & D7100, Fuji X100T
Nikkor 50mm f1.8, 28mm f2.8 E, Voigtlander 40mm f/2.0 Ultron SL, Minolta 45mm f2 & 50mm f1.7

My Flickr | My ebay | Instagram