Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Coffee With Mentors > Nikon Historical Society

Nikon Historical Society -- hosted by the founding member Bob Rotoloni and members of the society. The NHS, based the US, has a worldwide membership. Our "Nikon Journal," published four times a year, concentrates on the history of Japanese photo equipment from the perspective of the Nikon Camera Company. The Nikon Journal often includes Nikon information not published anywhere else in the world. This forum provides an opportunity for conversation between collectors and users of classic film Nikons. See forum “stickies” for more information about the Society. If you are a serious Nikon Collector, you MUST be a NHS member. Join at http://www.nikonhistoricalsociety.com/!

Old 02-16-2019   #121
Alberti

I have a problem with a Nikon PC 85mm lens. When I attach it to the Nikon S-M adapter then it sort of sticks and the whole turns very stiff. The adapter on itself is buttery smooth of course; also the lens turns rather easily. The combo fails.
The bayonet engages correctly. [So it is not like the video a few posts back]. It can be put on and off with relative ease. There is no play.

Having looked at it, it looks as if the lens lips or flanges that stick out in the back touch the inside of the adapter, and this way forces the two sides of the helix out of each other.
I tried it on a C-M adapter and there this sticking is was there too, albeit heavier, because I could feel the spring in the lens starting its action and it was hard to reach both sides of the distance scale.
Is this known? How to remedy?

Old 02-16-2019   #122
Timmyjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xayraa33 View Post
You can try using a Nikon Z to Leica M adapter combined with Amadeo's various Nikon/Contax external/internal bayonet mounts to Leica M adapter to suit your various Nikon S lens mounts.

https://www.kentfaith.com/KF06.388_l...caAmiOEALw_wcB
Thanks. I was able to obtain an Amedeo adapter and tried it with my Leica M to Nikon 1 adapter on a Nikon 1 V2, and it worked spectacularly with all my lenses, including the 3.5cm f1.8 and 2.1cm f4. So once I've saved up for a Z6, I'll get one of the adapters you mentioned so I can use my Nikon S mount lenses with a digital sensor.

Best,
-Tim

New Photo Books
Sturgis Stories
& Scenes From Sturgis
now available

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #123
Thatspec

I've read through the thread but don't see any reference beyond compatibility. Is anyone else using the millenium Nikkor 50mm on Leica digital?
How is your RF focus accuracy?