Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > SLRs - the unRF

SLRs - the unRF For those of you who must talk about SLRs, if only to confirm they are not RF.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Trying out the Leica R8
Old 02-13-2020   #1
Mudman

Trying out the Leica R8

I just picked this up last week, complete with the 100mm f2.8 APO macro for a very reasonable price. I've got the 50mm Summicron on the way, and a converter from DAG to use them both on my m(240). The 50mm is coming attached to an R4s, which will probably get moved down the road to offset the cost of the lens.

I'm still getting used to the camera, but it's a joy to shoot with, if a little large for some. It fits my large hands perfectly and with little to no fatigue. Just finished my first roll of film in it.

Any other R shooters out there? The lenses feel phenomenal. Very well damped.