Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Polaroid & Fuji Instax

Polaroid & Fuji Instax All things Polaroid and Fuji Instax

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #81
Skiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by taemo View Post
the Instax Wide 210 is a fixed f/11 lens from what I recall.
th RF70 goes up to f/5.6, usable and good starting at f/8.

I've owned the Instax Wide 210 and it is a fine P&S Instax Wide camera, I went with the RF70 simply because I love the design of folding cameras and its operation is very similar to the Fuji GF670 which I miss shooting with.
With the RF70, you have full control with your exposure, shutter speed, aperture, focus and external flash.
Rangefinder works properly, however I find that for precise focus, it's best to focus to the closest distance first then focus to the subject. (learned from previous post by Godfrey)

Thank you very much, too!

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #82
Eugen Mezei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pál_K View Post
But the packaging complexities of pack film I think would be beyond anyone's capabilities other than Kodak or Fuji.
I have filmpacks from the 1920s and 30s. I doubt they packed them with sophisticated machines but tend to think they were all handassambled.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #83
goamules

The Instax film is capable of much more than the $50 cameras that use it can produce. I bought my wife an Instax printer, and she shoots photos with her iPhone, then spits them out wirelessly to the film. Kind of a backwards work flow, but the quality of the shots is MUCH better.

What is happening with Instax is it's dying because of the cheap plastic cameras and meniscus lenses. Why Fuji won't just make a decent metal body with an X-mount lens for Instax I'll never know.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #84
Mackinaw
Think Different

Quote:
Originally Posted by goamules View Post
.....What is happening with Instax is it's dying because of the cheap plastic cameras and meniscus lenses. Why Fuji won't just make a decent metal body with an X-mount lens for Instax I'll never know.
Instax isn't dying, sales are booming. Fuji is selling one million Instax cameras/month. That's a lot of cameras, and a lot of film.

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-...lm-x-t3-sales/

Jim B.

My RFF Gallery:
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/phot...user=1453&sl=m