Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Leica Screw Mount / LTM Cameras

Looking Over Reasonable Priced Alternatives To Factory Lens Hoods-Walz/Kenko Etc.
Old 02-28-2009   #1
LeicaTom
Watch that step!

Wink Looking Over Reasonable Priced Alternatives To Factory Lens Hoods-Walz/Kenko Etc.

Introducing some reasonable priced alternatives to classic factory lens hoods........hoods costing under $40!

Here`s a really nifty 42mm clamp on Walz Hood for Leitz Summitar, loosely based on the Leitz XOONS hood - very compact and in my own opinion much more practical than the Summitar`s original SOOPD AKA the "Barndoor" hood.
*This hood also fits the Nikkor HC F2/50 and the Carl Zeiss Jena CZJ f2/50 nicely*

I bought my example original boxed for $21

Here`s a 40.5mm Kenko vented hood for Carl Zeiss Jena CZJ f2/50 and Nikkor HC f2/50
*compact, lightweight, screw in, nice*

I bought my example for $25

~ BTW the lens that hood is on is one of Brian Sweeney`s infamous "Hacked" original CZJ lens cells in a Russian lens mount, this one is a 1938 "uncoated" f2/50

Here`s a 55mm Kenko hood I`m trying on my Canon f1.2.50
*Non vented hood, should not vignette, but, I have yet to test this one - it`s not the best looking hood in the world, but it sure beats having to pay $150+ for the original factory one, let`s just see how it works?*

I bought my well used example for only $5

Folks add your photos and suggestions here also, to any reasonable priced lens hoods for classic LTM lenses

I`m personally looking for Walz or Kenko 40mm or 42mm vented hoods for the Canon f1.5/50 or a 43mm vented hood for the Nikkor SC f1.4/50......

I`ll keep adding hoods here as I find them, I`ll add a photo of the 41mm Walz screw in for Leitz Xenon/Summarit tomorrow.......

Stay Tuned!

Tom

I'm a Retro PinUp Photographer using vintage M39/LTM Leica/ CZJ Sonnar/ Nippon Kogaku and Canon lenses for now on real film Leica M6.
I'm also a Vintage Volkswagen Collector, Driver and Enthusiast ~ I own a 1957 "Oval Window" Beetle named "Blauchen" (oV!Vo) Beep!

http://www.modelmayhem.com/118

Last edited by LeicaTom : 02-28-2009 at 22:47.

Old 02-28-2009   #2
Al Kaplan

If you're looking for a metal hood for the 40mm Summicron-C and still have the tattered remains of the crappy rubber one trim most all of the remaining rubber off of the metal ring. It will now fit inside the back of a standard Series VI lens hood. You'll need to file the threaded section of the hood a couple of mm's so it doesn't bind against the diaphragm ring. A bit of epoxy on the remaining rubber in the groove will hold the hood in place and you can still use your series 5.5 filters behind the hood. I have a Vivitar hood on mine.

My Gallery

Old 02-28-2009   #3
sanmich

Any idea of a replacement for the simplest of them all....The new Elmar hood.
straight tube 39mm....how come there is no cheap alternative to this one from the east...

Gloire a qui n'ayant pas d'ideal sacro-saint se borne a ne pas trop emmerder ses voisins (Brassens)

My site

Old 02-28-2009   #4
rbiemer
Unabashed Amateur

I have a couple of vented Walz 40.5mm hoods that I got for ~10 each. One has "For Sonnar" engraved on it, the other doesn't.

And I have a Voigtlander hood I like very well. Got it from "photo_widget" on ebay. Good dealer with lots of vintage hoods. He's in the UK so not the cheapest shipping but it was still under $35 US.

And a Canon hood that I have no idea what camera/lens it was originally made for. Clamp on and it will fit series VII size filters:

Got that one as part of a big box of random stuff for a few dollars from the Shopgoodwill site.
Any one know what that Canon hood was made for?
Rob

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
--Mark Twain

Old 02-28-2009   #5
LeicaTom
Watch that step!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbiemer View Post
I have a couple of vented Walz 40.5mm hoods that I got for ~10 each. One has "For Sonnar" engraved on it, the other doesn't.

Any one know what that Canon hood was made for?
Rob
If you want to sell that one with the "Sonnar" engraving let me know

I think that Canon hood is from a movie lens? (NOTE THAT C) - I`d guess.

Tom

I'm a Retro PinUp Photographer using vintage M39/LTM Leica/ CZJ Sonnar/ Nippon Kogaku and Canon lenses for now on real film Leica M6.
I'm also a Vintage Volkswagen Collector, Driver and Enthusiast ~ I own a 1957 "Oval Window" Beetle named "Blauchen" (oV!Vo) Beep!

Old 03-01-2009   #6
rbiemer
Unabashed Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeicaTom View Post
If you want to sell that one with the "Sonnar" engraving let me know
I think that Canon hood is from a movie lens? (NOTE THAT C) - I`d guess.
Tom
Tom,
I thought Canon only made 8mm movie cameras and the hood seems pretty big for a lens for such a small format...I looked at the Canon Camera Museum just a while ago, and see that some of the lenses for their 8mm cameras have 58mm filter threads--even bigger than my hood.
Check your messages.
Rob

--Mark Twain

Old 03-01-2009   #7
Al Kaplan

There was the Canon Scoopic that shot 16mm film back in the days when TV news was still shot on film. They're still around and available from motion picture equipment rental houses for about $110 a day. It's a nice compact camera with built in zoom lens, built to professional standards.

My Gallery

Last edited by Al Kaplan : 03-01-2009 at 06:26.

Old 03-01-2009   #8
John Shriver

That's the Cth Canon 42mm clamp-on convertor. The Series VI 42mm clamp-on is A, the Series VII 42mm clamp-on is B. (The B one goes with the Series VII hood for the 50/1.5.)

Old 03-01-2009   #9
John Shriver

I have the Walz version of the FISON, for the 50/3.5 Elmar. They were prolific.

Old 03-01-2009   #10
ferider

I really like the short generic 43mm hood sold by Stephen. Fits various lenses, like the Nikkor 50/1.4, 35/1.8 and also the 40/1.4 and 35/1.4 Noktons. Much better than the stock hoods that go with those lenses, and less VF intrusion. Also fits a nice push-on Voigtlander cap - what more does one need ?

For example:

Roland.

Old 03-01-2009   #11
LeicaTom
Watch that step!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferider View Post
I really like the short generic 43mm hood sold by Stephen. Fits various lenses, like the Nikkor 50/1.4, 35/1.8 and also the 40/1.4 and 35/1.4 Noktons. Much better than the stock hoods that go with those lenses, and less VF intrusion. Also fits a nice push-on Voigtlander cap - what more does one need ?

For example:

Roland.
Ahh they are nice, and yes, the original chrome Nikkor hoods are a pain in the a** and take away alot of what you see in the VF.......these seem to be the ticket, I haven`t been about to find a Walz or Kenko vented one yet for the 43mm.

Tom

Old 03-01-2009   #12
Cale Arthur
---- ------

Quote:
the original chrome Nikkor hoods are a pain in the a** and take away alot of what you see in the VF.......these seem to be the ticket, I haven`t been about to find a Walz or Kenko vented one yet for the 43mm.

Tom
No doubt about it! I picked one up recently (in it's original case, no less), and was saddened to find it unusable on my 50/1.4 for just that reason. The thing is a monster!

I've got a Walz vented 43mm hood that looks like it was chewn upon by a badger.. still works, though. You might also want to keep an eye out for the early Aetna metal hoods.. they're fairly common in 43mm and really quite nice.

The future begins tomorrow!

Old 03-01-2009   #13
sanmich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Kaplan View Post
There was the Canon Scoopic that shot 16mm film back in the days when TV news was still shot on film. They're still around and available from motion picture equipment rental houses for about $110 a day. It's a nice compact camera with built in zoom lens, built to professional standards.
I'm just looking for one. any idea where one of them is liying around gathering dust?

Gloire a qui n'ayant pas d'ideal sacro-saint se borne a ne pas trop emmerder ses voisins (Brassens)

My site

Old 03-01-2009   #14
Al Kaplan

If you google Canon Scoopic there's a mention of one on Craigs List near the top, and probably others as well.

My Gallery

Old 03-01-2009   #15
1948nikon

I believe that Canon hood is for the Canon wide convertor that mounted on the front of the Canon 8 EEE 1963-1965. This was Canons first 8mm camera to have lap-dissolve feature via a backwind handle.

Old 03-01-2009   #16
raid
Dad Photographer

I like the Canon clamp on lens hoods. They are elegant looking and functional while not being excessively costly to get. At one time Mark (dexdog) unloaded several such lens hoods at RFF for low prices.

http://raid.smugmug.com/

Old 03-01-2009   #17
johnastovall
Light Hunter - RIP 2010

Heavystar, excellent source for all kinds of hoods. They carry almost all sizes of generic hoods.

Old 03-01-2009   #18
LeicaTom
Watch that step!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cale Arthur View Post
No doubt about it! I picked one up recently (in it's original case, no less), and was saddened to find it unusable on my 50/1.4 for just that reason. The thing is a monster!

I've got a Walz vented 43mm hood that looks like it was chewn upon by a badger.. still works, though. You might also want to keep an eye out for the early Aetna metal hoods.. they're fairly common in 43mm and really quite nice.
Yes, sadly the Nikkor factory hoods (two piece chrome) are useless, heavy, and bulky, I`m pretty sure David Douglas Duncan was using an accessory Tewe finder or VIOOH when shooting the 50/85 and 105 Nikkors on a IIIC, with hoods.....the camera`s VF was useless! (Urban Legend has it that Nikkor COPIED the Tewe after supposly seeing Duncan`s example - SO IT`S KIND OF WHAT CAME FIRST? "The Chicken or the Egg?" - AND IN THIS CASE IT WAS TEWE!)

I don`t know the Aetna hood (see why RFF is so much fun, when the do the right thread, then everybody gips in and helps it along!) please drop off a photo of one if you have one

Thanks Cale!

Tom

Last edited by LeicaTom : 03-01-2009 at 15:58.

Old 03-01-2009   #19
LeicaTom
Watch that step!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnastovall View Post
Heavystar, excellent source for all kinds of hoods. They carry almost all sizes of generic hoods.
Thanks for adding this

This is why I like RFF, b/c of people helping people, hoods are an important item for all photographer`s and it`s good to know there`s good sources for affordable generic hoods out there now

Tom

Old 03-01-2009   #20
LeicaTom
Watch that step!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid View Post
I like the Canon clamp on lens hoods. They are elegant looking and functional while not being excessively costly to get. At one time Mark (dexdog) unloaded several such lens hoods at RFF for low prices.
Hehhehehehe yes Raid, I`m sure you mean the "normal" hoods LOL!!!!!!

The 42mm clamp on for the f1.8/50 for example nice hood and still affordable, also the S-50 for the f1.4/50 - NICE EXAMPLES OF BOTH SHOULD RUN UNDER $40.

The "CULT" classics from Canon, that`s a different story, I think finding a factory hood for the f1.5 and f1.2 is a challenge now, to find either one at a reasonable price (under $125!) ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE

I`m trying that Kenko solid one on my f1.2 now to see what happens......photos soon!

Tom

Old 03-01-2009   #21
raid
Dad Photographer

Quote:
Hehhehehehe yes Raid, I`m sure you mean the "normal" hoods LOL!!!!!!

The 42mm clamp on for the f1.8/50 for example nice hood and still affordable, also the S-50 for the f1.4/50 - NICE EXAMPLES OF BOTH SHOULD RUN UNDER $40.

The "CULT" classics from Canon, that`s a different story, I think finding a factory hood for the f1.5 and f1.2 is a challenge now, to find either one at a reasonable price (under $125!) ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE

I`m trying that Kenko solid one on my f1.2 now to see what happens......photos soon!

Tom
Tom,

I also have the lens hood for the 50/1.2 in its leather case [it came for "free" with the lens], and I have the one for the 35mm/1.5 [it also came with the lens]. The Canon lens hoods are beautiful.

http://raid.smugmug.com/

Old 03-01-2009   #22
ferider

This is the Zuiko 55/1.2 on the Canon 50/1.2, Tom. Works very well.

Roland.

Old 03-01-2009   #23
LeicaTom
Watch that step!

Here as promised is a photo of the Walz hood for Summarit.......

Seen here on my 51' IIFBD, this is an example of Walz`s STANDARD style of hoods, which were all "vented" and came in various sizes, most were also engraved with what lenses they were made for ~ "For" ~ Summarit, Sonnar, Canon, Nikkor etc. etc.

I think this one cost nearly $40, while it seems that *anything* that fits on a Summarit is collectable and or desirable.
Still the Walz version is much much more affordable than the Leitz factory XOONS hood, which can run way over $125 for a decent example.

Tom

Last edited by LeicaTom : 03-01-2009 at 17:40.

Old 03-01-2009   #24
LeicaTom
Watch that step!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid View Post
Tom,

I also have the lens hood for the 50/1.2 in its leather case [it came for "free" with the lens], and I have the one for the 35mm/1.5 [it also came with the lens]. The Canon lens hoods are beautiful.
Yep, I was lucky to have bought the hoods, together with my f1.8 and f1.5, sadly the collector/seller who I just bought my f1.2 from had sold his last (open) hood, but has one STLL on reserve, if the buyer does`nt pick it up then I`ll have a factory hood.....but I only see myself using the Canon hood if I can find it for under $130 which I think is a fair deal.

Up until then I`ll use the veteran Kenko hood on it, (it`s not pretty, but it hopefully will get the job done without vignetting.......

It`s too darn cold/windy to shoot this weekend here in Florida, so later this week I have Sebring Historical Sportscar Races, I will take the f1.2/50 with me on the M6 and go shooting in the vintage paddock, I`ll be testing the lens/hood combo there!

Tom

Old 03-01-2009   #25
LeicaTom
Watch that step!

Quote:
This is the Zuiko 55/1.2 on the Canon 50/1.2, Tom. Works very well.

Roland.
Now that`s a very nice hood Roland, but two questions?

Will it work with the factory Canon 55 mm "raised glass" filters?

and just how hard is it to find one?

Tom

Last edited by LeicaTom : 03-01-2009 at 20:16.

Old 03-01-2009   #26
ferider

Should work with the filters, Tom. Kevin usually has this hood for US 50, which means you can get it cheaper elsewhere.

Also reversible, which is nice.

Roland.

Old 03-01-2009   #27
LeicaTom
Watch that step!

Quote:
Should work with the filters, Tom. Kevin usually has this hood for US 50, which means you can get it cheaper elsewhere.

Also reversible, which is nice.

Roland.
Hmmm well that`s a really good alternative to the crazy expensive Canon factory hood and under $50 you are getting a hood that looks like it`s built well, the Canon filters run flush with the lens ring/top etc. so this clamps on the top of the lens, then I guess that would work 100%, ahh very kool!

....and it looks better than my Kenko one does that`s for sure

I`m still crossing fingers on the buyer of that other hood, not coming through and then maybe I`ll have a factory hood for it, but if not then I`ll look for this Olympus hood.
(I want to be able to use the factory UV and Skylight filters on my f1.2 b/c I want to protect the front element when I have a hood on it etc.)

Thanks!

Tom

Last edited by LeicaTom : 03-01-2009 at 18:27.

Old 03-01-2009   #28
ferider

I always used Hoya thin SMC Pro filters on mine, Tom, also flush with the barrel.

The Zuiko hood is much more portable than the pretty useless and expensive stock hood, that I had too, at one time.

Cheers,

Roland.

Old 03-01-2009   #29
LeicaTom
Watch that step!

Quote:
I always used Hoya thin SMC Pro filters on mine, Tom, also flush with the barrel.

The Zuiko hood is much more portable than the pretty useless and expensive stock hood, that I had too, at one time.

Cheers,

Roland.
Yes, the MORE I look at the factory hood, it seems too bulky and it will for sure be catching/bumping onto things, also it won`t fit in the M6 ER case closed up

I`m always on the move and that hood is like "up into your face" and all "out there".

I like your suggestion much better, thx Roland!

Tom

Last edited by LeicaTom : 03-01-2009 at 20:17.

Old 03-01-2009   #30
EZfan
RF Shooter

Quote:
Introducing some reasonable priced alternatives to classic factory lens hoods........hoods costing under $40!

I`m personally looking for Walz or Kenko 40mm or 42mm vented hoods for the Canon f1.5/50 or a 43mm vented hood for the Nikkor SC f1.4/50......

I`ll keep adding hoods here as I find them, I`ll add a photo of the 41mm Walz screw in for Leitz Xenon/Summarit tomorrow.......

Stay Tuned!

Tom
I think I have some 40.5mm and 43mm walz/kenko vent hoods still brand new in box. Let me double check it. : )

Old 03-01-2009   #31
LeicaTom
Watch that step!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZfan View Post
I think I have some 40.5mm and 43mm walz/kenko vent hoods still brand new in box. Let me double check it. : )
Okie Dookies! ~ you have a message!

I have almost all vintage generic hoods now to use on my favorite lenses,
(I keep the factory original hoods in their cases, and for the most part - they remain unused)

I like the Walz/Kenko stuff b/c they are so light and so affordable

Tom

Last edited by LeicaTom : 03-01-2009 at 20:30.

Old 03-02-2009   #32
rbiemer
Unabashed Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1948nikon View Post
I believe that Canon hood is for the Canon wide convertor that mounted on the front of the Canon 8 EEE 1963-1965. This was Canons first 8mm camera to have lap-dissolve feature via a backwind handle.
Quote:
That's the Cth Canon 42mm clamp-on convertor. The Series VI 42mm clamp-on is A, the Series VII 42mm clamp-on is B. (The B one goes with the Series VII hood for the 50/1.5.)
Thanks, gents!
Rob

--Mark Twain

An Even Better Idea? ~ Economical and easy on the Eye ~ The Yashica Canon Hood
Old 03-04-2009   #33
LeicaTom
Watch that step!

Thumbs up An Even Better Idea? ~ Economical and easy on the Eye ~ The Yashica Canon Hood

Well, here`s what I`ve found just this past morning at the local camera shop, a real wonder after searching through some old dusty box full of deadstock lens hoods, this one pops up and suits it`s purpose!

The Yashica Canon Hood!

Seems to be some Late 1960`s Yashica 35mm Wide Angle Hood, but it`s 57mm Clamp On and it works perfectly and also looks good too
*It has that "Made in Japan" on one side and on the other the name Yashica written in the their Factory logo thin letters*

And another GREAT point, you can still use those hard to get high clearance Factory Canon "Flattie" Filters ~ YAY!!!!
I use a Original UV one on my lens all the time

Ohh and also the lens hood and cap ALL FIT under the nose of the M6 ER case, so that mean`s that this "set up" will work with all M6/M7 and M8 cases!!!!

I haven`t tried it out yet, but I`m sure it`s going to be just fine, reminds me of that Canon W-50 hood that many Canon shooters use on the RF f1.4 as a compact alternative to the somewhat Expensive S-50 hood, (which used to be cheap *under $40*) but I`m sure with time all the Canon RF collectors will drive the prices right up on those two hoods as well.

I ONLY paid $9.53 for these two items, the Yashica 35 hood and a generic snap on cap,
(I THINK IT`S A 62mm ONE?) which almost matches My M6`s vulcante.

Quite a savings from paying $200+ for a factory hood Bah!!!!!! This one`s nicer and more compact and practical.

I think I`m becoming the JACK BENNY of the Rangefinder world hahahahahahaha!!!!!! Finding Walz, Kenko and Hoya some great names to buy when money`s tight and your pinching pennies!

So here`s another alternative to expensive Lens Hoods on the Canon f1.2/50 that`s affordable and also still good looking

Happy Shooting!!!!

Tom

Last edited by LeicaTom : 03-04-2009 at 18:28.

Not trying to be off topic...but,
Old 03-05-2009   #34
mynikonf2
OEM

Not trying to be off topic...but,

Tom,
Is that the "new" Canon 50/1.2 your M6 is sporting? I must say it looks absolutely at home on the Leica. How do you like the images you get from it? Have you had enough time to tell if it's really worth the effort to get one? The difference between f1.4 & f1.2 is not that much and if you have to stop down to f2 to get reasonable sharpness, then what's the point of caring around all that heavy glass? Anyway, despite all that, it's still a very impressive looking hunk of glass!

I wish we had a camera store here in Jax that you could go and browse through their bargain items. The last really good store is just a fond memory (Brandon's) having closed their doors years ago. Not to many "Mom & Pop" stores can compete with the mega franchised outfits but they sure were fun to go and hang out at.

“Light scratches consistent with age and wear”

Old 03-05-2009   #35
LeicaTom
Watch that step!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynikonf2 View Post
Tom,
Is that the "new" Canon 50/1.2 your M6 is sporting? I must say it looks absolutely at home on the Leica. How do you like the images you get from it? Have you had enough time to tell if it's really worth the effort to get one? The difference between f1.4 & f1.2 is not that much and if you have to stop down to f2 to get reasonable sharpness, then what's the point of caring around all that heavy glass? Anyway, despite all that, it's still a very impressive looking hunk of glass!

I wish we had a camera store here in Jax that you could go and browse through their bargain items. The last really good store is just a fond memory (Brandon's) having closed their doors years ago. Not to many "Mom & Pop" stores can compete with the mega franchised outfits but they sure were fun to go and hang out at.
Ohh no that`s kool....we are discussing everything here really, it revolves around the lens hoods, but the Canon f1.2 is the subject now, b/c the original lens hoods so expensive and impractial, it`s nice to find a cheaper alternative hood that`s both practical and also good looking at the same time.

As for the lens itself, I haven`t had the time to shoot, sadly my assistant`s been in hospital and I`ve been tied up with family, no time for working any shoots this week, I have a paid shoot on Monday next week, so by the end of next week I hopeful will have photos to post a new thread about.

Ohh and the weight, this seems not a lot heavier than a Summicron is, this lens is very compact for what it is, now speaking of a heavy lens the Canon f0.95 that`s a monster and you do feel the extra weight around your neck when using one of those.

Honestly for me it`s not worth the $1,000+ some people are asking for it, I personally think the f1.2 will be the better of the two lenses anyway, but it`s all up to personal tastes.

The Canon f1.2 is well balanced on an M Leica too, like it belongs there

I wanted the f1.2 for the speed and for the "Retro" look that it has out of it`s signature, I also traded it for some vintage photos, so I really found the right lens at the right time, together with the right kind of deal, b/c everyone`s pinching pennies now a days and I just don`t have the extra money in my pocket now to buy lenses every month.

More about the f1.2 soon in a new thread

Tom

Old 03-05-2009   #36
sanmich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Kaplan View Post
If you google Canon Scoopic there's a mention of one on Craigs List near the top, and probably others as well.
Thanks for that one, Al!

My site

Old 03-06-2009   #37
newspaperguy

Here is a vented hood on my street shooting Bessa L with the toxic radioactive rooski lens.
I think this one came from Heavystar or similar.
(Roger Hicks - You're not the only one who loves the Kontur finder.)

My five -star rated children's book,

"The Little Crow Who Could Not CAW"

is now available for Kindle and other readers.

This semi-animated version of the hardbound edition
may be just perfect for your favorite 4-to-8 year old,

Available from Amazon.com, of course.

Last edited by newspaperguy : 03-06-2009 at 17:50. Reason: Better pix

Walz Fans in Australia and Asia check this oddity out......Walz for Summarit Hood
Old 03-06-2009   #38
LeicaTom
Watch that step!

Walz Fans in Australia and Asia check this oddity out......Walz for Summarit Hood

http://cgi.ebay.com/Leica-Summarit-5...QQcmdZViewItem

I`d bid on this myself, but it`s too expensive with shipping from AUS, but I`d thought to post this for everybody "down under" to have a looksee and heads up about this in case anyone is interested......

And as the seller already states, it is ever RARER than the Leica factory version, lighter and smaller I think too, I`m sure this will top $50+ if not more, after people see this........

I really like these Walz hoods, the Summitar version I have is wonderful to use

Tom

Last edited by LeicaTom : 03-06-2009 at 06:55.

Old 04-11-2012   #39
san84

Hi!
I'm looking for the hood for canon 35/2 LTM. I already have original S-42 but it has vignetting on 35mm. So I've found 42mm Clamp Hood for Converter EEE which was reviewed in this topic. Does anybody know is it ok for 35/2 in terms of vignetting and of course finder blockage on M2? I also have difficulties with S-42 in turning the aperture ring - is it differ with hood for converter?