Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Photography General Interest

Photography General Interest Neat Photo stuff NOT particularly about Rangefinders.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Looking Back at Summer in the '60s (PHOTOS)
Old 04-23-2019   #1
Steve M.
Registered User
 
Steve M. is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,382
Looking Back at Summer in the '60s (PHOTOS)

https://weather.com/holiday/memorial...60s-photos#/30


Everyone looked so slim and trim back then, even the 'ol lady and me! Ck out those bell bottom jeans below. Bought them at Gaylord's dept store, which doesn't exist anymore. Funny thing about it is I still say "far out", "cool", all that, and have managed to keep my hippie values and non conformist attitude in these locked down times.


https://i.imgur.com/2N3J7PN.jpg

I don't care what anyone says, the 60's were great times. We had the best music, the handsomest and most beautiful women, literature and films were creative and exciting, and JFK was our version of royalty in the White House. I had a blast then. Still do, but things go a little slower now :]






  Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2019   #2
raid
Dad Photographer
 
raid's Avatar
 
raid is offline
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 30,754
These are awesome memories, Steve. Thanks.
__________________
- Raid

________________


http://raid.smugmug.com/
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2019   #3
Emile de Leon
Registered User
 
Emile de Leon is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 998
Miss those days..thought it would last forever..
It didn't..
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2019   #4
Larry Cloetta
Registered User
 
Larry Cloetta is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jackson, WY
Age: 69
Posts: 1,523
Counting the minutes until some 49 year old pipes up about how much better things are now, because he read some articles and a book which convinced him of that. That seems to be an unshakeable belief among those who were not there.
Whatever.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2019   #5
Phil_F_NM
Camera hacker
 
Phil_F_NM's Avatar
 
Phil_F_NM is offline
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 43
Posts: 3,975
I'll be that guy and I'm 42.
The 60s were great I've read.
If you were a white male.
Otherwise, the story might be a little different. Not a rule but lets say a very prevalent theme.
But I've only read about life, I've never experienced anything of merit due to my age.
Phil Forrest
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2019   #6
Steve M.
Registered User
 
Steve M. is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,382
I think it was a great time for a lot of people. Civil rights were in the forefront, segregation was abolished, the Mustang came out, Ford beat Ferrari at it's own game, mary jane crept out of it's closet to embark on a slooooow path to legality, and people were discussing peace and how to end a war. Most of my friends were black, gay, or both and they were experiencing new freedoms of speech and movement. This was in the South mind you.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2019   #7
Yokosuka_Mike
The Beat Goes On
 
Yokosuka_Mike's Avatar
 
Yokosuka_Mike is offline
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Yokosuka, Japan
Age: 64
Posts: 2,238
In the ‘60s one could turn on the AM radio in your car and listen to new music by:

The Beatles
The Stones
The Beach Boys
Motown (and, that’s a lot!)
Bossa Nova (that was like going from a black and white TV to color)
A slew of one-hit wonders that would last forever…
Louie Louie
Wild Thing
For What It’s Worth
Dominique (A number one hit by a singing Nun… won’t see that ever happening again)

Anyway, maybe the ‘60s were not perfect but it was a great decade for listening to the radio.

Mike
__________________
Why donít you knock it off with them negative waves? Why donít you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why donít you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
-- Oddball
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2019   #8
Darthfeeble
But you can call me Steve
 
Darthfeeble's Avatar
 
Darthfeeble is offline
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Logtown, California, USA
Age: 73
Posts: 1,499
I don't remember.......
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2019   #9
kshapero
Press the Shutter
 
kshapero's Avatar
 
kshapero is offline
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida, USA
Age: 70
Posts: 9,814
Slide 10 remains me of my older brother, especially because he had a red Triumph like in the photo. For the most part the photos IMHO are boring. And trust me, it was not a boring time.
__________________
Akiva S.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero

Cameras, Lenses and Photos
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2019   #10
Emile de Leon
Registered User
 
Emile de Leon is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 998
Good times..
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2019   #11
charjohncarter
Registered User
 
charjohncarter's Avatar
 
charjohncarter is offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Danville, CA, USA
Posts: 8,774
The sixties were just like every other era, we did have some pop culture stuff. But life went on just like today.

Ektachrome 64-1965 by John Carter, on Flickr
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2019   #12
Ko.Fe.
Kostya Fedot
 
Ko.Fe.'s Avatar
 
Ko.Fe. is offline
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: MiltON.ONtario
Posts: 7,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_F_NM View Post
I'll be that guy and I'm 42.
The 60s were great I've read.
If you were a white male.
Otherwise, the story might be a little different. Not a rule but lets say a very prevalent theme.
But I've only read about life, I've never experienced anything of merit due to my age.
Phil Forrest
Caribbean Missile Crisis and Vietnam War.

But Winogrand was in full swing. Soviet has sixties spring in arts.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2019   #13
ChipMcD
Registered User
 
ChipMcD is offline
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokosuka_Mike View Post
In the Ď60s one could turn on the AM radio in your car and listen to new music by:

The Beatles
The Stones
The Beach Boys
Motown (and, thatís a lot!)
Bossa Nova (that was like going from a black and white TV to color)
A slew of one-hit wonders that would last foreverÖ
Louie Louie
Wild Thing
For What Itís Worth
Dominique (A number one hit by a singing NunÖ wonít see that ever happening again)

Anyway, maybe the Ď60s were not perfect but it was a great decade for listening to the radio.

Mike

The other thing about the AM pop stations that I remember was that they were not format programmed. Jimi Hendrix was followed 1910 Fruit Gum Company, then the Supremes, Cream, the Association, a girl group, doo wop etc. It was a total mishmash of genres. At least that is the way it was on stations in Baltimore.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2019   #14
peterm1
Registered User
 
peterm1's Avatar
 
peterm1 is offline
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,557
(Sigh) They sure don't make nostalgia like they used to!
(Sigh again)

As someone else points out these images remind me how trim and thin people tend to look back then. I can't say this is a surprise to me as I do a lot of street photography and am often surprised at how many people in the street look, well, "porky" and unhealthy. Sorry if you think I am being fattist but I can say that I have also had to fight all my life to manage my own weight as I am largely fighting against my Central European genetics. I have largely managed OK but its a battle. And I know its hard in today's culture where being a foodie is pushed by the media and frankly unhealthy lifestyles are encouraged but it does never the less drive it home to me when I compare the photos of the 1960s with ones I see today - even people we would think of as being more or less healthy weight look "pretty well fleshed" by comparison. Makes me wonder where this will lead. I suppose its another sign of our society's decadence.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2019   #15
Yokosuka_Mike
The Beat Goes On
 
Yokosuka_Mike's Avatar
 
Yokosuka_Mike is offline
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Yokosuka, Japan
Age: 64
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipMcD View Post
The other thing about the AM pop stations that I remember was that they were not format programmed. Jimi Hendrix was followed 1910 Fruit Gum Company, then the Supremes, Cream, the Association, a girl group, doo wop etc. It was a total mishmash of genres. At least that is the way it was on stations in Baltimore.
Not only did we have great AM radio stations in the Ď60s, we had A&M Records too!

Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass
The Baja Marimba Band
Carpenters
Sergio Mendes and Brasil 66

And, so many more!

Mike
__________________
Why donít you knock it off with them negative waves? Why donít you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why donít you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
-- Oddball
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2019   #16
robert blu
quiet photographer
 
robert blu's Avatar
 
robert blu is online now
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Italy
Age: 70
Posts: 5,902
Love the photos proposed in the link.
I remember those times...with nostalgia of course yes, I was young.

I should really go through the boxes of photos I have around...for the moment the nearest to that era photographic memories go to beginning of the '70s...
There was still hope around...and it was easier to photograph people :-)

robert

__________________
Remember: today is the Day !
from Ruth Bernhard recipe for a long and happy life

my quiet photographer's blog

My RFF photos and my albums on RFF
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2019   #17
Keith
On leave from Gallifrey
 
Keith's Avatar
 
Keith is offline
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_F_NM View Post
I'll be that guy and I'm 42.
The 60s were great I've read.
If you were a white male.
Otherwise, the story might be a little different. Not a rule but lets say a very prevalent theme.
But I've only read about life, I've never experienced anything of merit due to my age.
Phil Forrest


Great if you were white generally looking at those pics, which is not to criticise the photos themselves but that does rather stand out. Zero representation or recognition of non white culture being displayed by whoever put that article together. When you consider the contribution made to US culture generally by this group I'm a little bemused!

There are things I miss about that era ... and things I don't.
__________________
---------------------------
flickr
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2019   #18
lynnb
Registered User
 
lynnb's Avatar
 
lynnb is offline
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 8,487
The 60s started with the birth control pill and ended with the Honda CB750. In the years between some of the best music, ever. My family owned a record bar, selling vinyl.. good times, happy memories.

Thanks for the link, though as already mentioned it's a biased sample. Lots of not so good stuff happened too - e.g. Agent Orange was first used in Vietnam in '61.

Not to forget the shocking road toll either. A 0.08 blood alcohol limit was introduced in '66 and seat belts weren't compulsory in Australia until 1970, in direct response to a decade of carnage on the roads. I still remember seeing terrible crashes in that period.

Still, the memories of surfing uncrowded waves and listening to music are hard to beat.
__________________
Lynn
happiest when shooting 35mm and 120 film
RFF Gallery
Flickr
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2019   #19
Out to Lunch
Registered User
 
Out to Lunch's Avatar
 
Out to Lunch is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vietnam
Posts: 5,397
The good and the bad: lest we forget, the sixties and seventies gave us the most horrible architecture in living memory.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2019   #20
RObert Budding
Registered User
 
RObert Budding is offline
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Arlington, Massachusetts
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterm1 View Post
(Sigh) They sure don't make nostalgia like they used to!
(Sigh again)

As someone else points out these images remind me how trim and thin people tend to look back then. I can't say this is a surprise to me as I do a lot of street photography and am often surprised at how many people in the street look, well, "porky" and unhealthy. Sorry if you think I am being fattist but I can say that I have also had to fight all my life to manage my own weight as I am largely fighting against my Central European genetics. I have largely managed OK but its a battle. And I know its hard in today's culture where being a foodie is pushed by the media and frankly unhealthy lifestyles are encouraged but it does never the less drive it home to me when I compare the photos of the 1960s with ones I see today - even people we would think of as being more or less healthy weight look "pretty well fleshed" by comparison. Makes me wonder where this will lead. I suppose its another sign of our society's decadence.
Those were the days before 'Big Gulp' sodas. I can recall buying refillable 8 oz. bottles of coke from vending machines in the 60's.
__________________
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
~Robert Wilensky

"He could be right, he could be wrong. I think he's wrong but he says it in such a sincere way. You have to think he thinks he's right."
~ Bob Dylan
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2019   #21
Archlich
Registered User
 
Archlich is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Great if you were white generally looking at those pics, which is not to criticise the photos themselves but that does rather stand out. Zero representation or recognition of non white culture being displayed by whoever put that article together. When you consider the contribution made to US culture generally by this group I'm a little bemused!

There are things I miss about that era ... and things I don't.
I remember there being a similar thread regarding the '50s. Similarly compiled photos of good, happy, white people enjoying themselves. But I do find the style - the photography - of the '60s one looser and freer. Which makes me happy. Photographs cannot lie about themselves: the Zeitgeist did evolve.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2019   #22
Dogman
Registered User
 
Dogman is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,497
What do I miss most about the 60's?

That radio thing mentioned above. Radio stations weren't divided into genres. Radio stations played almost every type of music--you got rock, pop, light jazz, country, folk, soul...anything goes. You would hear The Beatles for one song, Martha and the Vandellas for the next song and then it might be Merle Haggard or Sergio Mendes or Frank Sinatra. Talk about diversity!

But the 60's was also a time of naivete. We thought we could fix the bad stuff and we thought the good stuff would last forever. But the young of every generation believe that as well.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2019   #23
zuiko85
Registered User
 
zuiko85 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,948
What I miss, early 1971, Tri-X in 100ft. bulk, a box of 10 Kodak snap caps and change back from a $10.
I know, a little later than the 60's but in 1969 I had just turned 20 and bought a Minolta HiMatic-9. Shortly after that a friend took me down to Darkroom Aids in Chicago and got me started in doing my own D&P.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2019   #24
robert blu
quiet photographer
 
robert blu's Avatar
 
robert blu is online now
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Italy
Age: 70
Posts: 5,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
...
There are things I miss about that era ... and things I don't.
I think any era, any decade had good and bad things, if we were not affected by the bad ones we'll remember the good ones, the ones we liked...

If we had to suffer for the bad things we'll for sure remember them ...
robert
__________________
Remember: today is the Day !
from Ruth Bernhard recipe for a long and happy life

my quiet photographer's blog

My RFF photos and my albums on RFF
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2019   #25
charjohncarter
Registered User
 
charjohncarter's Avatar
 
charjohncarter is offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Danville, CA, USA
Posts: 8,774
Someone should start an "No Words 1960" thread.

Slides 1963-64&71 by John Carter, on Flickr
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2019   #26
jarski
Registered User
 
jarski's Avatar
 
jarski is online now
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,567
Lovely photos. Sad to see such threads are being hijacked into politics.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2019   #27
Phil_F_NM
Camera hacker
 
Phil_F_NM's Avatar
 
Phil_F_NM is offline
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 43
Posts: 3,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by xayraa33 View Post
brainwashing at University that cost them a bundle of greenbacks.
My brainwashing only cost me 8 years in the Navy, loss of my hearing, early degenerative discs, spinal stenosis, neuropathy, IBS, a yet undiagnosed persistent cough, destroyed knees, multiple concussions and TBI, vision loss and a healthy dose of PTSD to top it off. As for the money, I'm putting your hard earned tax dollars to work becoming a mental health and physical rehabilitation therapist. At the end of this education, I want to help veterans.
As for all the racist past, I know of that and I'm not seething. I knew the ugly past of the US long before I began my higher education. I just love pointing out hypocrisy in overbroad statements.
Phil Forrest
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2019   #28
ChrisPlatt
Thread Killer
 
ChrisPlatt's Avatar
 
ChrisPlatt is offline
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens NYC
Age: 58
Posts: 2,838
Cigarette smoking reached its peak in the mid-1960's.
For many tobacco is a good appetite suppressant.

We were also typically less sedentary in our jobs and leisure activities then.

I suspect there is some correlation with these factors.

Chris
__________________
Bring back the latent image!
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2019   #29
xayraa33
rangefinder user and fancier
 
xayraa33's Avatar
 
xayraa33 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 5,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_F_NM View Post
My brainwashing only cost me 8 years in the Navy, loss of my hearing, early degenerative discs, spinal stenosis, neuropathy, IBS, a yet undiagnosed persistent cough, destroyed knees, multiple concussions and TBI, vision loss and a healthy dose of PTSD to top it off. As for the money, I'm putting your hard earned tax dollars to work becoming a mental health and physical rehabilitation therapist. At the end of this education, I want to help veterans.
As for all the racist past, I know of that and I'm not seething. I knew the ugly past of the US long before I began my higher education. I just love pointing out hypocrisy in overbroad statements.
Phil Forrest
Photographs are just photographs, even if they are photos from the past, we can enjoy looking at them without having to atone for anything or to anyone, or condemn anyone that posts a retro photo look-back from past decades on a thread. The past is the past, we as unique individuals had no control over it for the most part.

eg: If I post photos of the Paris Commune from 1871( by Bruno Braquehais Et al) it does not mean I am responsible for the Paris Commune or the excesses or the violence or the deaths or the destruction of beautiful Parisian buildings, nor does it mean that I agree with that political ethos of that historical happening, I just like the aesthetics of wet-plate albumen prints and the drama and to ponder the folly of man through time.
__________________
My Gallery
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2019   #30
Darthfeeble
But you can call me Steve
 
Darthfeeble's Avatar
 
Darthfeeble is offline
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Logtown, California, USA
Age: 73
Posts: 1,499
I remember my grandparents lamenting the good old days, the 1900s and talking about how the world has gone to hell in a hand basket, this of course was in the middle '50s.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2019   #31
benlees
Registered User
 
benlees is offline
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Age: 47
Posts: 1,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfeeble View Post
I remember my grandparents lamenting the good old days, the 1900s and talking about how the world has gone to hell in a hand basket, this of course was in the middle '50s.



There is a quote (can't remember the specifics) from Plato that is in a similar vein- though regarding the "youth of today". Millenia later and the only thing that hasn't changed since then is that sentiment. Nostalgia is a powerful drug. Best avoided
__________________
flickr
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2019   #32
olifaunt
Registered User
 
olifaunt is offline
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Wijninga View Post
The good and the bad: lest we forget, the sixties and seventies gave us the most horrible architecture in living memory.

I used to think so. Now those buildings are aging and are looking better and better to me.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2019   #33
olifaunt
Registered User
 
olifaunt is offline
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPlatt View Post
Cigarette smoking reached its peak in the mid-1960's.
For many tobacco is a good appetite suppressant.

My feeling is that cigarettes are the only major difference between then and now. Maybe with vaping pens the new generation will stay thin again without (possibly) the cancer.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2019   #34
Keith
On leave from Gallifrey
 
Keith's Avatar
 
Keith is offline
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarski View Post
Lovely photos. Sad to see such threads are being hijacked into politics.

Politics? I'm reading discussion about the culture of the time and attitudes but I'm struggling to find your references to politics!
__________________
---------------------------
flickr
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2019   #35
xayraa33
rangefinder user and fancier
 
xayraa33's Avatar
 
xayraa33 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 5,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPlatt View Post
Cigarette smoking reached its peak in the mid-1960's.
For many tobacco is a good appetite suppressant.

We were also typically less sedentary in our jobs and leisure activities then.

I suspect there is some correlation with these factors.

Chris
Amphetamines were also popular as a doctor's prescription for appetite suppressant in that era. Check out photos of Johnny Cash from about 1965 or Bob Dylan from the same time frame, sad and self-destructive behaviour for sure.
__________________
My Gallery
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2019   #36
olifaunt
Registered User
 
olifaunt is offline
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by xayraa33 View Post
Amphetamines were also popular as a doctor's prescription for appetite suppressant in that era. Check out photos of Johnny Cash from about 1965 or Bob Dylan from the same time frame, sad and self-destructive behaviour for sure.
Now they are also very popular, if not mostly for weight loss. They are being given like candy by doctors to children to study and college students use tons of them - with or without ADHD diagnoses.

Based on remarks my mother has made, college students in the 60s didn't think it was a big deal to use amphetamines to study either so I don't know if much has changed in that regard.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2019   #37
Rob-F
Likes Leicas
 
Rob-F's Avatar
 
Rob-F is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Show Me state
Age: 78
Posts: 6,031
Yep, "Those were the days, my friends, we thought they'd never end . . ."
(Song on the radio in the 1960's. What was her name? Mary Hopkin?)
Yes, that was it. Mary Hopkin.
__________________
May the light be with you.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2019   #38
xayraa33
rangefinder user and fancier
 
xayraa33's Avatar
 
xayraa33 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 5,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by olifaunt View Post
Now they are also very popular, if not mostly for weight loss. They are being given like candy by doctors to children to study and college students use tons of them - with or without ADHD diagnoses.

Based on remarks my mother has made, college students in the 60s didn't think it was a big deal to use amphetamines to study either so I don't know if much has changed in that regard.
Yes, I have heard about that so called ADHD diagnoses and the prescribing of Adderall and Ritalin to children ( mostly boys). One of these drugs is a slightly modified form of amphetamine.

In my day there was no ADHD.. that all was normal school boy behaviour, things like hyperactivity, not paying attention in class and wanting to go out to the playing field to play baseball on sunny warm days instead of being cooped up in a class room.
__________________
My Gallery
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2019   #39
Doug
Moderator
 
Doug's Avatar
 
Doug is offline
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pacific NW, USA
Posts: 13,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfeeble View Post
I remember my grandparents lamenting the good old days, the 1900s and talking about how the world has gone to hell in a hand basket, this of course was in the middle '50s.
FWIW I first encountered that phrase in bold while reading a Perry Mason mystery novel. Might have been written in the 1960's, but those books were also from the '30's onward into the '60's. Could well have been "spoken" by Paul Drake...
__________________
Dougís Gallery
RFF on Facebook
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2019   #40
robert blu
quiet photographer
 
robert blu's Avatar
 
robert blu is online now
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Italy
Age: 70
Posts: 5,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfeeble View Post
I remember my grandparents lamenting the good old days, the 1900s and talking about how the world has gone to hell in a hand basket, this of course was in the middle '50s.
...it started many years ago that sometimes I found myself making some mental remarks about the times, the society, the.... and soon think "ohhh this is what my father was thinking when I was young and I thought that he was thinking in that way simply because he was old..."

The wheel his still spinning

robert
__________________
Remember: today is the Day !
from Ruth Bernhard recipe for a long and happy life

my quiet photographer's blog

My RFF photos and my albums on RFF
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:40.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner.