Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Konica RF / Zeiss Ikon ZM Leica Mount Rangefinders

Konica RF / Zeiss Ikon ZM Leica Mount Rangefinders Konica and Zeiss versions of the AE electronic film rangefinder camera

Hexar RF Eyepiece
Old 03-16-2019   #1
bernhardv

Hexar RF Eyepiece

I got a Hexar RF, sadly it just has the +2D viewfinder eyepiece on it. I would be really interested in finding a 0D one or a possible replacement?

Old 03-16-2019   #2
Beemermark

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Konica-Hexa...MAAOSwEElaycrX

Old 03-16-2019   #3
rangefinderlove123

0D is the "plain" one?

The ones pointed out on ebay are very expensive. If it is the same size as the one on the voigtlander cameras then the nikon eyepiece for the Nikon FM type of cameras will fit and they cost next to nothing

Old 03-16-2019   #4
Beemermark

Expensive was sort of my point. I'd return the camera if possible.

Old 03-16-2019   #5
aizan

https://www.ebay.com/itm/konica-hexa...p2047675.l2557

one recently sold for $42.

this is the sort of thing i wish japan camera hunter would source, but the beans are too small.

Old 03-17-2019   #6
bernhardv

Yes have seen the brass ones on ebay, if i dont find a better alternative I would probably have to go with them.

And yes, 0D is the plain one for the people with "perfect sight"... Got the Hexar RF for really cheap and in perfect condition except the eyepiece, so I would really love to keep it and find an eyepiece...

Would be curious if somebody knows if maybe the Nikon F ones fit, as they seem to look very similar and also seem to have the same diameter? (eg. something like that https://static.bhphoto.com/images/im...1000_37357.jpg)

Just found out that you could get the original eyepiece at Japan Exposure, http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/a...-hexar-rf.html, but also dont seem to sell it anymore...

Old 03-17-2019   #7
jonmanjiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangefinderlove123 View Post
If it is the same size as the one on the voigtlander cameras then the nikon eyepiece for the Nikon FM type of cameras will fit and they cost next to nothing
Nope. Completely different and not interchangeable.

Even Kenko Tokina, who took over repairs (and got the parts stash) from Konica Minolta, doesn't have stock anymore. Kenko Tokina never sold eyepieces only. For a while there, you could send your Hexar RF into Kenko Tokina for CLA sans the eyepiece, and the camera would come back with a new standard eyepiece, but even that trick is a no go now.

Old 03-17-2019   #8
jonmanjiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernhardv View Post
Would be curious if somebody knows if maybe the Nikon F ones fit, as they seem to look very similar and also seem to have the same diameter?
Nope. Hexar RF eyepieces are unique. Even the 0D eyepiece has magnification that combines with the RF system to give 0D. Much like Leica eyepieces in that respect.