Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Photography General Interest

Photography General Interest Neat Photo stuff NOT particularly about Rangefinders.

Kickstarter campaign for a photo book about Vietnam
Old 05-16-2017   #1
kiemchacsu

Kickstarter campaign for a photo book about Vietnam

Well, the title says it all.
Since Vietnam is my homeland, I am always interest about what other people is thinking about the country.

Quote from the author

Quote:
COLOR ME GONE

Color Me Gone is a photobook with a circular narrative about a developing Vietnam. I spent 10 years photographing the country where I began to see it as a bit of a dark fairy tail or a film noir where I romanticized the nostalgia I never knew.

The beautifully handmade book features a unique double-binding screw post system that allows the viewer to experience it frontwards or backwards. Each side offers a different perspective about Vietnam with a simple message: Forget what you remember and remember what you forgot.
You can find more details in link below:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...d-photobook-on

RF
F
photo essays: Hanoi | Hoi An | Ha Giang | Fish Market

Old 05-16-2017   #2
darya151

Some of the photographs are really beautiful, the images are a reflection of the country and its people. Let us know if you have any plans to publish your images.

Darya

Old 05-16-2017   #3
Avotius
Some guy

When I was a child one of my favorite books was The Land I Lost about a boy growing up in Vietnam. I will have to take a look.

Old 05-17-2017   #4
twopointeight

It looks good, but for a moment I thought it was your book Trung, which would interesting in a different way. Photographers who photograph their own countries see it more from the inside-out. Hi Trung.

Old 05-18-2017   #5
newfilm

Quote:
pledged of $35,000 goal
That's a bit high no? also there are gimmicky stuff like "limited edition" print/book in my opinion, i mean are they like silver print by master printer something like that?

Old 05-18-2017   #6
kiemchacsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by darya151 View Post
Some of the photographs are really beautiful, the images are a reflection of the country and its people. Let us know if you have any plans to publish your images.

Darya
Well, that would not be happening in any sooner time.
I intended to print a sole copy of my photos about Hanoi but so far not yet happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopointeight View Post
It looks good, but for a moment I thought it was your book Trung, which would interesting in a different way. Photographers who photograph their own countries see it more from the inside-out. Hi Trung.
Hi Joel,
I would love to do that, but since photography is only my hobby, I am not so motivated to publish my own book in any foreseeable time.
It's also interesting that sometimes foreigner folks would have fresher look to what we are experiencing here now.
A good example that Justin Mott once won the WPP for a series he took in Hanoi, Vietnam. Now he's located in Vietnam as a full time photographer.
You can learn more about his WPP 2008 works here https://www.worldpressphoto.org/coll...e/justin-maxon

RF
F

Old 06-15-2017   #7
kiemchacsu

Good to know that this project is funded successfully.

RF
F