Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Canon Leica Screw Mount Film Rangefinders

Canon Leica Screw Mount Film Rangefinders For classic Leica Screw Mount Canon Rangefinders.

Canon 7 & Canon 50f1.4
Old 10-28-2014   #1
tennis-joe

Canon 7 & Canon 50f1.4

Well I finally got back to taking photos again. Other hobbies have taken me away and now I am carrying a camera in the car again. The pleasure I have gotten in the past is back. Now on weekends I need to take more photos rather than setting in front of the TV watching football.

Used my Canon 7 and a Canon 50f1.4 lens and the results were great. Just had to add a bit of contrast and I posted three to the photo Gallery.

Old 10-28-2014   #2
Spicy

welcome back

the canon 7 is quite a beast for a screwmount body -- I've never used one, but was always piqued by the fact its about the size of the M5.

have you tried any other LTM bodies? i was always curious about the 7 and its variants, but the small footprint of the barnack copies always lured me away.

happy shooting

Old 10-28-2014   #3
AndersG

I carry my Canon 7 with a recently acquired Canon 50mm f/1.4 daily. Unfortunately, I don't use it daily but having it on hand is at least better than not. I look forward to getting my darkroom free from honey extraction so that I can finally see how the lens performs.

Old 10-29-2014   #4
Fixcinater
Never enough smoky peat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
welcome back

the canon 7 is quite a beast for a screwmount body -- I've never used one, but was always piqued by the fact its about the size of the M5.

have you tried any other LTM bodies? i was always curious about the 7 and its variants, but the small footprint of the barnack copies always lured me away.

happy shooting
My 7 has a much better viewfinder than the IIB, IVSB2 and less so, the VT I have. For a user, the extra bulk is well worth it, IMO. I generally use my 7 with a 50/1.2 so the weight is almost always there.

I just got a black 50/1.8 Canon lens so I may change my mind about the smaller setups after using that lens for a while.

Old 10-29-2014   #5
Coopersounds

I really like my 7 but my vt gets much more film through it.
I thought the extra viewfinder frames lines would be good, but I only ever shoot 50mm.

Old 10-29-2014   #6
leica M2 fan

For a long while a few years ago my 7s and the 50/1.4 handled most of my B&W shooting and it was a blast. For portraits I used my 100/3.5 and love that lens as much as the 50/1.4. Enjoy your camera and lens. I would never sell or get rid of it.

TONY
Leica M2 l Nikon D 700 l Sony A7 I

MyGallery

Old 10-30-2014   #7
tennis-joe

The Canon 7 has the various frame lines and that makes it easier when I use the 35mm and 90mm lenses. It is a bit heavier than the Barnack cameras and hanging around my neck gets to be a chore. The lighter Leica IIIf's are certainly easier to carry.