Originally Posted by Timmyjoe
I tried doing the B&H trade in on the A7 yesterday, and it's not an automatic $300 off. It depends on the camera. I tried trading in my D100 Nikon and they were only going to give me $55 off. Which I felt wasn't worth it.
You have to tell them to give you a trade in value for the A7/A7R. In any case, I eventually went with Focus Camera (yes, bad reviews and all), since Focus is the only place I could find that offered both the $300 trade in and the $650 bundle (A7R, Zeiss 55/1.8, HVL-F60M flash plus other stuff). The steps I took:
1) Wednesday - Submitted the online trade-in form
2) Wed. night - Order the bundle online.
3) Thursday - Sent email to ensure I get the $300 trade in credit. They replied quickly with confirmation
4) Friday - Sent email asking when it might be shipped. They responded with UPS tracking # (it shipped Thursday)
5) Monday - I got the $300 credited back to my account.
6) Tuesday (yesterday) - I got the bundle. Tested it and everything is fine.
Now, my experience was about as good as it gets; however, note that Focus Camera has gotten a lot of negative reviews. Based on my experience I would order from them again, but if you do, you do so at your own risk.