Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Gearhead Delights > Repair / Camera Care

Repair / Camera Care This is a good place to discuss the care and repair of your photo gear. You can share Do-It-Yourself repair and maintenance, as well as your recommendations for pro repairs. This new forum was created 4/1/07. PLEASE title your thread wisely, so others searching for a certain make of camera or repair person can find your thread easily!

Rolleiflex 2.8F Repair in 2019
Old 03-27-2019   #1
bherman
bherman

Rolleiflex 2.8F Repair in 2019

Hi All;

I am looking for a new Rollei repair guy. Harry is great, buy expensive and has a 5-6 month turnaround. Krikor from Krimar is out of business, Dave Feeley is good, not too expensive, but also has a 2-3 month wait.

I've heard good things about Bill Moretz, who is one of the guys listed under recommended repair facilities on the Rollei USA site, but I have no experience with him. I don't believe that he is Rollei factory trained though.

Is he good with Rolleis? I have a couple of collectible Rolleis that I will need to send in to someone.

Anyone else come to mind?

Thanks!

-Brad

Old 03-27-2019   #2
stompyq

Bill fixed my 3.5F for substantially less than what Harry was asking. Turnaround time was a astonishing 4 days. No complaints and no problems so far. However I'm a user. If these are collectibles then I would just go with Harry

Old 03-30-2019   #3
Jeffbennett12

I have had several Rolleis with Bill in the last couple of years, including a 3.5E and a Type 4 3.5F quite recently. I have been happy with all of the work, and Bill is both fast and very reasonable for cost. I don’t know what his background is in terms of training, but my sense is he has been doing Rolleis for decades. I would highly recommend him based on my experience.

Jeff