Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Xpan & Other Panoramics

Xpan & Other Panoramics For Hasselblad Xpan, Xpan II, Fuji TX-1 and TX-2, and all other Panoramic cameras

Old 12-16-2018   #41
Rob-F
Likes Leicas

My digital Xpan is my M9 with the 21mm, cropped to 2:1 aspect ratio.

Old 12-16-2018   #42
aizan

i finally found my digital xpan:

iphone with the moment anamorphic lens

and it only costs $150 + $30 (for the regular case). my backorder should get here in a week or two.

Old 12-17-2018   #43
FujiLove

There are pretenders to thrones. But there is only one King...the undisputed King!

Old 12-17-2018   #44
Axel

Fuji F900EXR

Old 12-17-2018   #45
shawn

The Sigma Quattro series cameras (DP and sd) all have a built in 21:9 crop mode. On the sdQH you end up with 16 megapixel panoramic shots. The framing can be set to blackout or as a darker transparent framing guide. The darker setup is great as it lets you see outside of the 21:9 frame. The RAW file has the full 3:2 data in it and Sigma's processing software auto crops based on the camera crop selected. AFAIK nobody else has a mode like this. Hopefully Sigma keeps this feature on the L mount cameras.

On an A7RII with the square framing guide turned on if you use the middle two rows for composition you end up with a 3:1 aspect ratio. The resulting crop is 21 megapixels. If you raise the height out to 21:9 you end up with 27 megapixels.

As far as 'look' there is no difference between a cropped shot and a non-swing lens panoramic camera.

Shawn

Old 12-17-2018   #46
Dogman

Leica appears to have built the digital X-Pan. Well, at least one special panorama camera for one special customer:
https://petapixel.com/2015/06/04/lei...osef-koudelka/

I don't think it's available for the rest of us.

Old 12-17-2018   #47
Roger Hicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
Leica appears to have built the digital X-Pan. Well, at least one special panorama camera for one special customer:
https://petapixel.com/2015/06/04/lei...osef-koudelka/

I don't think it's available for the rest of us.
Possibly because the rest of us can work out how to crop an image -- and that we needn't always crop to just the middle 1/3 (or whatever it is).

Cheers,

R.

Old 12-17-2018   #48
Veggies

My Fujifilm GFX-50r is filling that digital space quite nicely.

Old 12-17-2018   #49
snaefell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
The Sigma Quattro series cameras (DP and sd) all have a built in 21:9 crop mode. On the sdQH you end up with 16 megapixel panoramic shots. The framing can be set to blackout or as a darker transparent framing guide. The darker setup is great as it lets you see outside of the 21:9 frame. The RAW file has the full 3:2 data in it and Sigma's processing software auto crops based on the camera crop selected. AFAIK nobody else has a mode like this. Hopefully Sigma keeps this feature on the L mount cameras.
The panorama mode on the Hasselblad X1D works in a similar way. The finder is masked to the panoramic format, but the camera takes a full images which the software can develop into a panorama.