Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Fuji X Series > Fuji X Lenses & Images

Do any of you own the 50-140mm?
Old 12-07-2018   #1
kxl
Social Documentary

Do any of you own the 50-140mm?

I just came back from a trip where my primary lenses were the 16/1.4, 23/2 and 50/2. While they met most of my needs, I sometimes wished I had more reach. I’m seriously considering this lens. I know everyone raves about it, but I am wondering if it would fit the way I want to utilize my XT-2, i.e., as handy street and travel gear rather than a full on DSLR replacement. I still do use DSLR gear for birding and sports. I know that ultimately, I am the only one who can answer my own question, but I’d like to hear your thoughts regarding how this 50-140mm fits your needs and your style.

So how do you feel about your 50-140mm?

-Keith

"... I thought the only way to give us an incentive, to bring hope, is to show the pictures of the pristine planet - to see the innocence.Ē ― Sebastiao Salgado

Old 12-07-2018   #2
aizan

Iím curious about this as well, especially how the bokeh behaves in various situations.

Old 12-07-2018   #3
narsuitus

Originally, I purchased the 50-140 because I needed a telephoto for my available light kit (12mm f/2, 16mm f/1.4, 23mm f/1.4, and 56mm f/1.2 prime lenses).

After using it for a while, I preferred it for portraits over my 56.

The only thing I did not like was that it did not fit well in my fast available light prime kit. Eventually, I replaced it in the prime kit with an adapted 135mm f/2 Zeiss.

However, I was so pleased with the performance of the 50-140mm zoom that I bought the 16-55mm zoom to work with it. These two weather resistant lenses work well together when I do not want to carry my five primes.

16-55mm f/2.8 & 50-140mm f/2.8 Fuji Lenses by Narsuitus, on Flickr

Old 12-07-2018   #4
kxl
Social Documentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsuitus View Post
However, I was so pleased with the performance of the 50-140mm zoom that I bought the 16-55mm zoom to work with it. These two weather resistant lenses work well together when I do not want to carry my five primes.
Thanks for that. Good to know because thatís probably where I am headed (paired f2.8 zooms) to complement my prime lenses.

"... I thought the only way to give us an incentive, to bring hope, is to show the pictures of the pristine planet - to see the innocence.Ē ― Sebastiao Salgado