Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Gearhead Delights > Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc

Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc A place to discuss the delights of photo accessories, including bags, meters, tripods, filters, straps, camera cases, lens hoods, anything non digital that can make your gearhead life a little bit more enjoyable.

Tenba Messenger DNA
Old 09-19-2018   #1
Takkun
Ian M.

Tenba Messenger DNA

Ah, bags. I'm worse than my SO about them, and picky.
Lowepro and Tamrac scream "camera bag". Domke are a bit primitive. A&A are a bit too hip for me.

I found my goldilocks bag about 8 years ago with the Tenba Messenger Mini. Now even it's starting to show its age. I loved that it worked equally well for RF, SLR and MF. The problem is, I find, the bottom is a bit...saggy. My lenses roll under the dividers and clank around. I had a Domke with a stiffening plate on the bottom, but the canvas wore through around it.

Yesterday at the local shop the new Tenba and Peak Design messenger bags caught my eye, and with mirrorless becoming a thing since I last bought a bag, they look ideal for my RFs. Anyone using these slightly bigger bags with little lenses, and consequently, anyone try putting an SLR in them?

--
my infrequently updated blog
Finally on Instagram