Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Kodak Retina and Ektra Rangefinders

Kodak Retina and Ektra Rangefinders This forum is for 35mm Kodak Retinas and Ektras rangefinders. The Retinas are known for their German engineering, relatively modest price and superb lenses. The Ektras are known as by far the finest 35mm American made rangefinder ever made.

Retina IIc eyepiece: which way round?
Old 12-04-2017   #1
Grytpype

Retina IIc eyepiece: which way round?

I've recently completely stripped and cleaned the rangefinder assembly in a Retina IIc. When I took out the little eyepiece lens I noted that it was fitted convex side inward, but when I checked in the official parts list available on Chris Sherlock's site, it says "Convex surface to rear of camera", so I guessed it must have been incorrectly installed at some time, and I replaced it flat side inwards.

Looking just now at Mike Eckman's site I see that he says the lens should be convex side inward, as mine was originally. Which is it?

Steve.

Old 12-04-2017   #2
mconnealy

Chris Sherlock is the go-to-guy for everything about Retinas:
http://retinarescue.com/retina2ctype020.html