Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > FSU Former Soviet Union RF

FSU Former Soviet Union RF This forum is for the Former Soviet Union rangefinder cameras, especially the many and various Fed, Zorki, and Kiev.

Cameras received from Oleg
Old 07-06-2017   #1
TerryMcC

Cameras received from Oleg

This forum made me aware of Oleg as a good man to fix and source Soviet era cameras. I sent him a Fed 2 for a complete service/ CLA. I also decided to buy one of the cameras he had for sale.

They were in my hands promptly and initial examination found them better than expected. Firstly, the Fed 2: shutter cocking was much smoother, better than any other Soviet camera I have tried. The viewfinder is now crystal clear and the rangefinder squares properly aligned and easily seen, making focussing very easy.

The Zorki 1 is as good as the Fed just described.

I would recommend Oleg to anyone.

Photos taken with the cameras coming soon.

Old 07-06-2017   #2
pschauss

+1 I bought a couple of nice Kiev 4s from him a number of years ago. It is good to hear that he is back in business after the fire he had.

Old 07-06-2017   #3
rolfe

I just received a Kiev 4a back from him and it now functions perfectly, with the viewfinder crystal clear and the rangefinder patch good and contrasty. No more frame spacing issues. I wish the transit time to and from was a bit shorter, but that's not under his control. Highly recommended.

Rolfe

Old 07-06-2017   #4
Pioneer

I have a lot of respect for Oleg and he has always been very honest in our dealings. I have a very nice Kiev 4 that works perfectly though it looks a bit rough around the edges. The cosmetic condition was fully disclosed before the purchase was made. I recommend him.

I am also glad that he has been able to make a good business comeback following the fire.

It is almost as good as a fast horse!
Dan

Old 07-20-2017   #5
45govt

Ok
I just received a Fed 2 and am getting ready to develop the first test roll
If I need service how do I reach Oleg? you didn't put contact info in your post.
Thanks
Don

Old 07-20-2017   #6
Sid836

Contact him by email or phone:
http://www.okvintagecamera.com/repair.html

That man had CLAed my Contax II. He did an excellent work worth every cent of it.

Old 07-20-2017   #7
Daryl J.

Thanks for the good report. There will be something arriving from him soonly and I have a FED-2 with a bit of a shutter problem I may need help with.