Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Leica M8 / M8.2 / Ricoh GXR

Leica M8 / M8.2 / Ricoh GXR Smaller than full frame digital Leica M mount cameras. The Ricoh is included as a less expensive and viable digital Leica M lens platform.

raw processor for GXR
Old 06-10-2017   #1
darya151

raw processor for GXR

I'd like some suggestions for a good photo processing program for the GXR; I used to process images with i-photo, which is no longer available. Would Lightroom be the best or are there other programs that you could suggest?
Many thanks

Old 06-10-2017   #2
vladimir
vladimir

Quote:
Originally Posted by darya151 View Post
I'd like some suggestions for a good photo processing program for the GXR; I used to process images with i-photo, which is no longer available. Would Lightroom be the best or are there other programs that you could suggest?
Many thanks
I used Lightroom worked very well for me. Than I sold my GXR with M module, regretting it to this day.

Old 06-10-2017   #3
Godfrey
somewhat colored

I used Lightroom when I had the GXR/M.

That said, Photos (replacement for iPhoto) has nearly all the same image processing capabilities and more. Just tested it: It does a fine job with GXR raw files.

G

Old 06-11-2017   #4
BCMielke

I agree if you have a Mac Photos works very well. Capture One Pro is also good as well.

Old 06-11-2017   #5
darya151

I am going to check out Mac Photos, it sounds like a good option. Your other suggestions, are helpful, too and much appreciated.
Darya

Old 06-13-2017   #6
bayernfan

the GXR is currently my only digital body. i process in Lightroom (usually convert RAW straight to B&W) and have been very pleased.

Old 06-14-2017   #7
Archiver

Lightroom is my favourite processor for GXR files. The results are sharp, and the range of adjustment is very wide. Colours are excellent. Now that my M9 is at the spa awaiting sensor replacement I'm using the GXR again and rediscovering how much I like this camera.