Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Gearhead Delights > Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc

Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc A place to discuss the delights of photo accessories, including bags, meters, tripods, filters, straps, camera cases, lens hoods, anything non digital that can make your gearhead life a little bit more enjoyable.

Think tank - test drive program
Old 05-18-2013   #1
GaryLH

Think tank - test drive program

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/test-d...px?code=AP-190

Just saw this via one of the photo news blogs. Limited time offer.. Test drive of bag of your choice.

Gary

Old 05-18-2013   #2
back alley
IMAGES

just the retro series bags...

Old 05-18-2013   #3
Al Patterson
Ferroequinologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by back alley View Post
just the retro series bags...
I saw that, so you have already test drove most of them, right?

I'd like to try the 7, but I have a few other things I need to buy prior to getting another camera bag.

Canon QL17 GIII
Leica CL 40mm Summicron-C 50mm Hexanon
Yashica Electro 35 GSN

Old 05-18-2013   #4
back alley
IMAGES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Patterson View Post
I saw that, so you have already test drove most of them, right?

I'd like to try the 7, but I have a few other things I need to buy prior to getting another camera bag.
i've had the 5/7/10...the 10 was just too big for my needs...the 5 is perfect for day trips and the 7 could be the best of all...just a bit thick/heavy at times...but nice if you have a full size ipad.

i'm getting one of the new mirrorless movers soon...the long weekend here in canada has delayed shipping till next thursday!!

Old 05-18-2013   #5
back alley
IMAGES

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalintrigue View Post
I like the Mover 20 for a small bag. Interested on your take on the 30 when it arrives
i'm looking forward to seeing what changes think tank is up to...

Old 05-21-2013   #6
Al Patterson
Ferroequinologist

I'm looking at the 30. Guess I'll wait for Joe's review, then credit RFF when I eventually buy it...

Canon QL17 GIII
Leica CL 40mm Summicron-C 50mm Hexanon
Yashica Electro 35 GSN

Old 05-22-2013   #7
kuvvy

I contacted Thinktank when I got my Citywalker10. I told them how much I liked the quality of the bag but would prefer something smaller for RF users. Seems like they listened and produced the Mirrorless Movers. The Citywalker 10 is just too roomy for me as I only carry a small kit, hence it's in the classifieds. I may be tempted to get a Mover a I really like the Thinktanks for their quality, design and light weight.

Paul

Ipernity Gallery

Flickr gallery

Old 05-22-2013   #8
anjoca76

I have the Retro 5 and easily fit 2 M bodies, 3 lenses, and hoods, filters, etc. It's been my main bag for the past 2 years and I love it.

I just picked up a Rolleicord V and I know that when I travel or go on long shoots I will want to take the 'Cord and a couple of M bodies (or an M and a Barnack, which isn't a huge size difference), plus lenses, etc. I usually only have one lens mounted on an M at one time. I am considering picking up a larger Retro bag, but am not sure if the 10 or the 30 is the better option. Anyone have any opinions from experience? The 20 is too tall for my tastes. I suppose I could order both the 10 and the 30 and try them out, but short of that, I thought I would see if someone here would have an idea.

Flickr