Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Leica M Film Cameras

View Poll Results: Sell it all?
Sell everything and replace with MP a la carte. 59 39.60%
Don't do it! 35 23.49%
Just sell some and keep the most used gear. 40 26.85%
Sell it all and repaint my M2. 15 10.07%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2017   #161
Arbitrarium

Quote:
Originally Posted by twhittle View Post
I've just picked up a Canon AF35 ml for 2 with a 40mm F 1.9(!) lens so will be selling the canon slr gear. A compact little p&s with that lens is too good to pass up..
I had one of these for a bit. The 1.9 lens is more of a liability than a bonus because the camera favours faster shutter speeds and the lens is crazy soft at 1.9. Sold it on the hype train.

As for one camera. NEVER! I love using rangefinders but for some applications an SLR is essential so I'll doubtless always have one of each.

Old 06-14-2017   #162
twhittle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitrarium View Post
I had one of these for a bit. The 1.9 lens is more of a liability than a bonus because the camera favours faster shutter speeds and the lens is crazy soft at 1.9. Sold it on the hype train.

As for one camera. NEVER! I love using rangefinders but for some applications an SLR is essential so I'll doubtless always have one of each.
It blew up the other day so back to square one. Recently took the Fuji GA645 on a trip and really enjoyed shooting it. Still thinking of the one camera one lens though. . .

One choice today, a different one tomorrow.
Old 1 Week Ago   #163
Hilm3

One choice today, a different one tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by back alley View Post
i think it's funny how some of these fine folks want to save your money...
i have thought many times how it would be nice to dump all my gear and re-start with one body and one lens...become a purist seeing only from one pov, say like from a 35mm lens...but then i realize that gear makes me happy along with a few good images occasionally...then again, the simplicity of having and carrying one body/lens is so appealing...
I do just this! Keep all my (lots and lots) of gear and go out with one camera and one lens only. See, you can have it all.

Old 6 Days Ago   #164
Cyriljay

I don't sell anything but If I want that I get it. I don't buy anything to replace stuff. All my cameras were there for a reason and that is what I always think.

Old 6 Days Ago   #165
F456
Tom H

Whatever you do, don't do it in a hurry. Gear choices in my experience come and go or rather go round in circles. And from my posts about getting a new MP I had some private message responses that severely called into question the quality control and service back-up for that camera. Take your time as it's not an easy question. Only you can decide; other people cannot really know what influences your decision and what rules your mind may not rule your heart either.

Good luck! Tom (I've been there before and usually ended up buying back much of what I sold.)