Fujifilm X Raw Studio - New Software
Old 01-21-2018   #1
samuelphoto

Fujifilm X Raw Studio - New Software

Came across this by accident. Seems this would produced the same result as creating jpegs from raws in camera. Has anyone tried it and if so, what are your thoughts, both and the results and on software operation (especially vs. Lightroom on Mac High Sierra)? Thanks.

Old 01-21-2018   #2
samuelphoto

I see that, for an X-Pro2, you need to be on firmware version 4.0 or later. You may have heard that V4.0 had a bug, which now seems to be fixed. V4.01 was released last week. Maybe I'll give it a try, I'm just reluctant to add unproven software to my Mac.

Old 01-21-2018   #3
willie_901

The X-Pro 2 4.0 bug is very limited. You have to use all of the following menu options.

"1) IMAGE QUALITY : FINE+RAW or NORMAL + RAW
2) RAW RECORDING : LOSSLESS COMPRESSED
3) DRIVE : any of ADVANCED FILTER"

This problem is eliminated in 4.01.

The results are identical because the X Raw Studio uses the in-camera JPRG rendering engine. The main beneift of X Raw Studio is you can use a Windows or OS X app instead of the camera menus.

It's safe to install either version if you follow the proper procedure.
Basically, I mean, ah—well, let’s say that for me anyway when a photograph is interesting, it’s interesting because of the kind of photographic problem it states—which has to do with the . . . contest between content and form.
Garry Winogrand
williamchuttonjr.com

Old 01-21-2018   #4
Mark A. Fisher

Thanks for the information on the X-Pro2 firmware update. I had not heard about it yet.

Old 01-21-2018   #5
Darthfeeble
But you can call me Steve

I downloaded the program, updated the downloaded program to the latest version and it won't recognize the files from my X-E3. Bought
Capture One a few months ago and it still has yet to update to the X-E3. Lightroom Classic CC opened the files from the camera on day one of owning the camera. Interesting.

Old 01-21-2018   #6
splitimageview

Raw Studio doesn’t work with X-E3 yet although Fuji told me it will at some point.

Old 01-21-2018   #7
Darthfeeble
But you can call me Steve

Perhaps it's my impatience but it seems like it's taking a long time for some of these folks to get their programs updated.

Old 03-02-2018   #8
FranZ

FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO Ver.1.1 is now available, on mac, but now also for windows.
(1.1 also adds support for the X-H1) One has to attach the same camera to the computer by with the photos are taken and then you can emulate the same actions on your PC as you could perform with the in-body RAW conversion. Clear advantage is that you can convert all RAF's on your storage and it is a bit WISIWIG. A bit clumsy interface. It works OK, but could be much nicer.
Personally I do not see much use, but if you are a JPG shooter or maybe RAW+JPEG you can very easily test which in-camera settings are best to your liking. And . . . .
It is free!
You can download the code from:
http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digi...aw_studio/win/

'The question is not what you look at, but what you see' - Thoreau

Sony A7R3, RX1Rm2, RX100M6 & a lot of fun