Old 08-10-2019   #521
Sorayah37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huss View Post
Contax TVS III, Fuji C200, Z7 scan, negativelabpro.com
transfers Dieppe
Hello everyone, these links are great. I thank you personally for those. However I have a question to ask you in private message if it is possible. Thank you for your return, Regards,

Old 08-12-2019   #522
ColSebastianMoran
( IRL Richard Karash )

Fuji 200 film from 2010, Camera-scan, conversion in NLP. This is the fabulous Happō-en garden in Tokyo.

In Classifieds Now: Nothing.
Use this link to leave feedback for me.

Named "Best heavy-game shooter in the Eastern Empire." Clubs: Anglo-Indian, Tankerville, and Bagatelle Card Club.
Sony E/FE, Nikon dSLR, and iPhone digital. Misc film.
Birds, portraits, events, family. Mindfulness, reflection, creativity, and stance.

Old 08-12-2019   #523
ColSebastianMoran
( IRL Richard Karash )

One more, one of the train stations in Tokyo, Fuji 200, conversion in Negative Lab Pro, a real game-changer.

Named "Best heavy-game shooter in the Eastern Empire." Clubs: Anglo-Indian, Tankerville, and Bagatelle Card Club.
Birds, portraits, events, family. Mindfulness, reflection, creativity, and stance.

Old 08-14-2019   #524
Dogman

I gotta thank you guys. I almost bought a new scanner until I read this thread. Instead I'm now using an old Nikon D800, a new 60mm Micro-Nikkor and the Nikon ES-2 adapter and getting outstanding results copying 40-45 year old B&W negatives of old friends, former lovers and family I had not seen in years. I would post something but it's too damn difficult for me to post photos on this forum (I've done it...ain't worth the effort to me). If the forum ever gets to a stage where a simple resize, drag and drop is used for posting, I'll jump in.

I'm gonna try copying some of my slides when I finish with the B&Ws. Right now, I gotta return the lens because it's defective and fails to focus intermittently.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #525
Ted Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
I gotta thank you guys. I almost bought a new scanner until I read this thread. Instead I'm now using an old Nikon D800, a new 60mm Micro-Nikkor and the Nikon ES-2 adapter and getting outstanding results copying 40-45 year old B&W negatives of old friends, former lovers and family I had not seen in years. I would post something but it's too damn difficult for me to post photos on this forum (I've done it...ain't worth the effort to me). If the forum ever gets to a stage where a simple resize, drag and drop is used for posting, I'll jump in.

I'm gonna try copying some of my slides when I finish with the B&Ws. Right now, I gotta return the lens because it's defective and fails to focus intermittently.
Weird, I just post a link of my photo and then it's here. Never thought it was hard.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #526
ajtruhan

Forgive me if this has already been asked/ discussed. I'm looking for a solution to large format (4x5) negative digitization. Has anyone tried this? Do you need a macro lens that is lower mag? 1:10 maybe?

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #527
phosci

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajtruhan View Post
Forgive me if this has already been asked/ discussed. I'm looking for a solution to large format (4x5) negative digitization. Has anyone tried this? Do you need a macro lens that is lower mag? 1:10 maybe?
You need distance between lens and film.

Or else, to stitch

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #528
Huss

Quote:
Originally Posted by phosci View Post
You need distance between lens and film.

Or else, to stitch
Exactly what he said.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #529
Huss

Hasselblad H1, Fuji Velvia, Z7 scan (the picture hanging on the wall not the overall scene!)
24x36 printed on aluminum, waiting for client. Just had to see how it looked out of the crate!

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #530
ColSebastianMoran
( IRL Richard Karash )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajtruhan View Post
Most macro lenses will deliver excellent performance in one-shot of 4x5.

I'm getting nice prints at 20x30 with a 24MPx body from good 35mm negatives and chromes.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #531
Ronald M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColSebastianMoran View Post
Most macro lenses will deliver excellent performance in one-shot of 4x5.

I'm getting nice prints at 20x30 with a 24MPx body from good 35mm negatives and chromes.
My KM5400-1 works fine. Software was fine, but no longer works with OS X. Silverfast is very expensive.
Vue Scan I do not like. original software was way better than either.

Opted for a Nikon ES 2 filmholder for DSLR "scanning". This is designed for 60 Micro. I used that lens and D800E. It performs as well as any scanner we can afford.
I would guess a quality copy stand, same camera, and enlarger negative carrier would work as well. I am too old to be making stuff I can buy for $150.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #532
Huss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald M View Post

Opted for a Nikon ES 2 filmholder for DSLR "scanning". This is designed for 60 Micro. I used that lens and D800E. It performs as well as any scanner we can afford.
I would guess a quality copy stand, same camera, and enlarger negative carrier would work as well. I am too old to be making stuff I can buy for $150.

Yep with the ES2:

And on a copy stand for 120 film:

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #533
Huss

Rolleiflex 2.8E, Kodak Portra NC160, Nikon Z7 scan