Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > 120 film RF Folders

120 film RF Folders 120/220 Format Folding Rangefinders, including the various classic Zeiss Ikontas, Voigtlander Bessas, and their Ruskie copies.

GS645 folder woes!
Old 01-21-2018   #1
Dante_Stella
Rex canum cattorumque

GS645 folder woes!

Who still fixes these well? I know of Frank Marshman, but I thought he told me a couple of years ago that he was done with them. Mine seems to have jumped "out of cycle" after many months of non-use and won't fire, wind, or close. Which kind of sucks because it has new British bellows and a new RF/VF.

Thanks,
Dante

Old 01-21-2018   #2
f16sunshine

Maybe JapanCameraHunter guy can find you a fuji tech in Japan.
There must be someone.

Old 01-21-2018   #3
Robert Lai

Frank Marshman still fixes them. He fixed mine about 2 months ago - the PC flash socket didn't work.

Old 01-21-2018   #4
wjlapier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante_Stella View Post
Who still fixes these well? I know of Frank Marshman, but I thought he told me a couple of years ago that he was done with them. Mine seems to have jumped "out of cycle" after many months of non-use and won't fire, wind, or close. Which kind of sucks because it has new British bellows and a new RF/VF.

Thanks,
Dante
British bellows? Sandeha Lynch? I ask because I've looked at some of the GS645's that need work--maybe bellows. Sandeha installed bellows in my Certo Dolly SS.

Old 01-21-2018   #5
Oren Grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante_Stella View Post
Who still fixes these well? I know of Frank Marshman, but I thought he told me a couple of years ago that he was done with them.
My impression was that he'd given up on replacing the bellows, but not necessarily on other repairs. Robert Lai's post is consistent with this. So might be worth a query.

Old 01-22-2018   #6
Rayt

I have the same problem. I bought a GSW690III from KEH a few years ago with around 2000 rolls shot according to the meter on the underside. Frankly I pretty much bought it during one of their sales on impulse so never really used it much. It sat for about 9 months when I decided to take it to Joshua Tree national park. Luckily I decided to load it up for a test run before the trip, wounded it up to "1" but the shutter would not fire. I then took out the film and dry fired the shutter a dozen times, reloaded the film and again it wouldn't fire.

Old 01-22-2018   #7
rodt16s

I had mine serviced with new bellows fitted last Sept. by Heinrich Gerhardt (Fototechnik) Germany.

Old 01-22-2018   #8
zwicko

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodt16s View Post
I had mine serviced with new bellows fitted last Sept. by Heinrich Gerhardt (Fototechnik) Germany.
+1 (and a few characters).

Old 02-05-2018   #9
fuji645

I had my Fuji GS 645 serviced for a CLA abut 1 year ago at Nippon Camera in NYC (41st betw Ave of Americas and 5th Ave). Great job!

Old 02-12-2018   #10
Dante_Stella
Rex canum cattorumque

Frank Marshman fixed it. It is very, very smooth!

Dante