Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Gearhead Delights > Repair / Camera Care

Repair / Camera Care This is a good place to discuss the care and repair of your photo gear. You can share Do-It-Yourself repair and maintenance, as well as your recommendations for pro repairs. This new forum was created 4/1/07. PLEASE title your thread wisely, so others searching for a certain make of camera or repair person can find your thread easily!

Help with a Olympus 35 SP : Rear Element
Old 05-19-2017   #1
davidde1000

Help with a Olympus 35 SP : Rear Element

So, I acquired an Olympus 35 SP for cheapish and noticed a hair behind the back element. I disassembled the lens assembly and got rid of the hair. I accidentally unscrewed the middle of the lens assembly -- so the two loose glass elements came apart from the rear lens element assembly. While I was in there, I decided to carefully clean the lens elements. Like a dummy without thinking, i sprayed lens cleaner directly on the glass. There is a strange kind of flat watery substance in between the rear element glass that I cannot get to. Not sure if it was the lens cleaner, or it was there all along. Anyone know what to do?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170519_151226.jpg (33.0 KB, 21 views)

Old 05-21-2017   #2
callumross

I think the last two elements are glued together so I don't think you can do anything about it. This also makes me think it probably isn't your cleaner, but the glue coming away or possibly air bubbles getting in between the elements.

How is the camera otherwise? Cheers.