Nikon 28mm 3.5 issue
Old 09-30-2019   #1
Steve_Pfost

Nikon 28mm 3.5 issue

Here's an unexpected issue. I purchased a very nice Nikkor 2.8cm, 3.5. I go to use it on my m4 to find out the bottom of the infinity lock hits the frame selector knob. SO, do i live with the limited focus or take the infinity lock spring portion off the lens? I want to say I'd like to remove the infinity lock, will that affect anything else on the lens?

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
Crazy Fedya

Steve,
It will not affect anything else. Just put parts away in a safe place, so you can find them, when you decide to sell the lens to me.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
splitimageview

have you tried another ltm adapter?

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
WJJ3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Pfost View Post
Here's an unexpected issue. I purchased a very nice Nikkor 2.8cm, 3.5. I go to use it on my m4 to find out the bottom of the infinity lock hits the frame selector knob. SO, do i live with the limited focus or take the infinity lock spring portion off the lens? I want to say I'd like to remove the infinity lock, will that affect anything else on the lens?
My 3.5 cm f2.5 W-Nikkor's focus knob/infinity lock runs into the frame selector on my cameras that have them too. However it doesn't if I don't push the lock in while rotating. Maybe just try adjusting your technique.

Flickr

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5
maddoc
... likes film.

I am in the same situation and the only solution is to either remove some material of the screw that holds the frame line preview lever (something I won`t do to my black paint M4) or to remove the infinity lock. The only other possibility might be a swap of the screw against one of a newer M body but I haven`t tested it yet (my M7 for example).

flickr
pBase