Old 01-16-2017   #41
coelacanth
Ride, dive, shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bille View Post
Your link is leading nowhere.
Working fine for me. Maybe location specific? (or workspace restrictions?)

b/w guy.

flickr | Instagram

Old 01-16-2017   #42
Bille

Quote:
Originally Posted by coelacanth View Post
Working fine for me. Maybe location specific? (or workspace restrictions?)
I get an ebay seller page with "0 results found"... strange

Old 01-16-2017   #43
johannielscom
Ich bin ein Barnacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bille View Post
I get an ebay seller page with "0 results found"... strange
You might be logged in in eBay in a country that the seller does not ship to? Log out and try again?

I write vintage gear reviews on www.johanniels.com |

flickr | instagram |

Old 01-16-2017   #44
Ko.Fe.
Kostya Fedot

Nice looking Leica knock-offs for price of Lomography M lenses. I wish they have 50 2.4 with focus tab, just like original 50 2.4.

Old 01-16-2017   #45
ferider

They are huge. The only interesting lens might be the 24 - since the specs are kind of unique. The 35 and 50 Color Skopar and 75/2.5 are known entities, cheaper, smaller and great performers. And you can get a late 90 tele elmarit for less than these lenses. Anybody has details/samples on the 24 ?

Old 01-16-2017   #46
Doug

Note there's also a 2.4/50 and 2.4/75 for M, and all four lenses too in Leica SL mount and Fuji-X mount!

Old 01-16-2017   #47
WJJ3

These were announced in December 2015 and we have yet to see any of them come to market.

Flickr

Old 01-17-2017   #48
johannielscom
Ich bin ein Barnacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJJ3 View Post
These were announced in December 2015 and we have yet to see any of them come to market.
Euhm... they are on the market. The link points to an eBay seller.

Never mind the interesting name, has anybody bought one and shot it?

flickr | instagram |

Old 01-17-2017   #49
Archlich

Wish they didn't print the names on the barrel.

Old 01-17-2017   #50
WJJ3

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannielscom View Post
Euhm... they are on the market. The link points to an eBay seller.

Never mind the interesting name, has anybody bought one and shot it?
sounds good, let me know when you get yours

Flickr

Old 01-17-2017   #51
rybolt

I have their first lens, the 40mm f0.85, in Fuji X mount. I think it was only made for the APS-C sensor and only in three mounts. It was priced at $1999 which severely limited the number sold but got a lot of reviews. I bought mine from B&H at $499 and have had some fun trying to figure out what its best used for.
The weight on that lens is severe. The focus is smooth as is the aperture. The fit and finish was not very good. There were several areas on the focus ring that had not been anodized and were just bare metal.
As far as the new lenses are concerned, I'd need to see how they render before I'd buy one. There would need to be something 'unique' to the image. Otherwise, I'll keep buying $80 adapted lenses in the same ranges.
A pair of Barnack Anniversary cameras
Who knows how many others

http://www.ryboltcox.com

Old 01-17-2017   #52
Scapevision

Wow, they better be more than amazing optically, 600+ for a manual lens for fuji X.

Old 01-17-2017   #53
johannielscom
Ich bin ein Barnacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJJ3 View Post
sounds good, let me know when you get yours
Won't be happening, they won't fit the Leica II and I have a set of manual lenses for the Sony A7 already.

flickr | instagram |

Old 01-29-2017   #54
Huss

Not for me. The Iberit 35 f 2.4 is $640, while the Voigtlander 35 2.5 Color Skopar is $409.
The Voigtlander is made in Japan, the Iberit is made in China. The only reason I point this out is the fact that it is cheaper to make it in China.

The Voigtlander 75mm 1.8 is $699, the Iberit 75mm 2.4 is $570. $130 more for a faster, proven lens.

I think that the new prices of these Iberit will plummet a year (or less) after their release, and these initial prices are just to see if there will be any bites.

Old 01-29-2017   #55
rybolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huss View Post
Not for me. The Iberit 35 f 2.4 is $640, while the Voigtlander 35 2.5 Color Skopar is $409.
The Voigtlander is made in Japan, the Iberit is made in China. The only reason I point this out is the fact that it is cheaper to make it in China.

The Voigtlander 75mm 1.8 is $699, the Iberit 75mm 2.4 is $570. $130 more for a faster, proven lens.

I think that the new prices of these Iberit will plummet a year (or less) after their release, and these initial prices are just to see if there will be any bites.
Yes. The 40mm f0.95 started at $2000 and ended at $500. I'd expect these lenses to have 'instant rebates' bringing them down by several hundred dollars within a year or so.
A pair of Barnack Anniversary cameras
Who knows how many others

http://www.ryboltcox.com

Old 01-31-2017   #56
Huss

Someone is selling one on fredmiranda, to which someone else posted sample photos that they had taken. I did not respond on that thread, as I did not want to interfere with his sale, but frankly I am not impressed.
The lens seems to handle flare extremely poorly, especially from the side where it seems the sun is way out of frame. One example shows poor flare at sunset with the sun way out of frame. I have not seen that before with any lens. Others seem impressed by it, but a hard pass for me.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1472252

Old 02-01-2017   #57
CJH

Also considering getting one... Has anyone spotted any reviews yet?

Old 08-18-2017   #58
Huss

Unlike the 7Artisans lenses, these things have landed w/ a dull thud.
For them to make any sort of impact, now that there is competition on the 'low end', they need to cut their prices by 50%.

Old 03-27-2018   #59
happy

Quote:
Unlike the 7Artisans lenses, these things have landed w/ a dull thud.
For them to make any sort of impact, now that there is competition on the 'low end', they need to cut their prices by 50%.
These lenses are on a different level than the 7Artisans which is honestly kind of a trash lens. It only sells because it's f1.1, and it's true f stop is actually closer to f1.3. The f1.1 is a marketing gimmick. Mounted on testing equipment the Iberits are much better.

The 35 and 75 Iberits (the ones I've tried) are both very nice lenses. Perfect? No, but very decent quality glass that I'd say sits between Voigtlander and Zeiss in quality.

Old 03-27-2018   #60
BLKRCAT
99% Film

do I pronounce it handyvision or handvision?

Old 03-27-2018   #61
Huss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKRCAT View Post
do I pronounce it handyvision or handvision?
I think it is pronounced 'Final Clearance'.
B&H seems to have them either heavily discounted or special order.

The people have spoken.

Old 03-27-2018   #62
BLKRCAT
99% Film

oh crap. Didn't look at the OP date. I've been bitten by the necrothread.

Old 03-27-2018   #63
Huss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKRCAT View Post
oh crap. Didn't look at the OP date. I've been bitten by the necrothread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdf5EXo6I68

Old 03-28-2018   #64
Chuffed Cheese

The 7Artisans appeal is its price and character. A totally different experience than the overpriced Iberit lenses.

Old 03-28-2018   #65
happy

The 7artisans is cheap because it’s a terrible overstretched design that is actually not even f1.1

I apologize for bumping an old thread but I insist that the Iberits are much better optically. Kipon made Arri’s most recent cine lens line. They have much better knowledge. It’s a shame these lenses are floundering, more m mount options are good for all of us.

Old 03-28-2018   #66
Chuffed Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
The 7artisans is cheap because itís a terrible overstretched design that is actually not even f1.1

I apologize for bumping an old thread but I insist that the Iberits are much better optically. Kipon made Arriís most recent cine lens line. They have much better knowledge. Itís a shame these lenses are floundering, more m mount options are good for all of us.
and yet it's selling wonderfully and most people seem happy with it. their 35mm f/2 will be awesome too I'm guessing.

Old 03-28-2018   #67
filmtwit
Desperate but not serious

I would add, they don't come up used that often on the bay, which is kind of telling that for those who buy them, they keep them.

The Flickr Stream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/filmtwit/

The Blog (Boring Sidney, Boring)
http://jeffthomasallen.blogspot.com/

Old 03-28-2018   #68
Chuffed Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmtwit View Post
I would add, they don't come up used that often on the bay, which is kind of telling that for those who buy them, they keep them.
yup, performance related to value is top notch and users of it seem to know this.

Old 03-28-2018   #69
sepiareverb
genius and moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmtwit View Post
Unless nobody has been buying them...

Old 03-28-2018   #70
Chuffed Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepiareverb View Post
Unless nobody has been buying them...
lololololol

Old 03-28-2018   #71
Huss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuffed Cheese View Post
and yet it's selling wonderfully and most people seem happy with it. their 35mm f/2 will be awesome too I'm guessing.
I like the 7Artisans 50 1.1 so much I have two of them (silver and black). Even though I have lots of lenses from Leica, Zeiss and Voigtlander (even Jupiter!), it is my favourite lens on film.
It just has so much character and beautiful flaws wide open. There is nothing else on the market like it. At the price it is a ridiculous deal, especially since old Jupiter 3 lenses cost more now! And the new Jupiter 3+ is almost double the price.

Iberits give me a massive meh. I'll pick my Planars, Sonnars, Summiluxes etc any day over them. Or go the other way and use the 7Artisans.
Obviously I'm not the only one that feels this way, seeing no-one is buying them.

Old 03-28-2018   #72
Chuffed Cheese

Quote:
I like the 7Artisans 50 1.1 so much I have two of them (silver and black). Even though I have lots of lenses from Leica, Zeiss and Voigtlander (even Jupiter!), it is my favourite lens on film.
It just has so much character and beautiful flaws wide open. There is nothing else on the market like it. At the price it is a ridiculous deal, especially since old Jupiter 3 lenses cost more now! And the new Jupiter 3+ is almost double the price.

Iberits give me a massive meh. I'll pick my Planars, Sonnars, Summiluxes etc any day over them. Or go the other way and use the 7Artisans.
Obviously I'm not the only one that feels this way, seeing no-one is buying them.
yeah, the character of it is hard to beat. I think if it was a vintage lens it would be highly sought after exactly for that, but the fact that it's a new thing easily available makes it so desirable. It's a weird thing and hard to work but if you can find that sweet spot with it, man does it produce some lovely images.

Old 03-28-2018   #73
Jamie Pillers
Skeptic

I bought the Fuji X-mount version of the Iberit 35/2.4. Great little lens and balances really well on the X-Pro body. Image quality is as good as any Voigtlander lens I've owned. And the price is definitely competitive with Voigtlander lenses. And I don't know how anyone can try to compare these Handevision lenses with Leica.... Leica lenses cost four times as much!

I think the Iberit line of lenses is a true bargain if you're looking for a daytime lens... like the Summarit line.

Fuji X-H1; X-Pro1; XF10; Polaroid 250 (waiting for an 'art' project)

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Old 03-28-2018   #74
happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Pillers View Post
I bought the Fuji X-mount version of the Iberit 35/2.4. Great little lens and balances really well on the X-Pro body. Image quality is as good as any Voigtlander lens I've owned. And the price is definitely competitive with Voigtlander lenses. And I don't know how anyone can try to compare these Handevision lenses with Leica.... Leica lenses cost four times as much!

I think the Iberit line of lenses is a true bargain if you're looking for a daytime lens... like the Summarit line.
Agreed 100%

Let’s be honest, the 7artisans is selling because of its sexy specs and cheap price. Ask any optical engineer, it is not a good design. The value is undeniable however.

The iberits are a modest f2.4 but the t stop value is actually very close to that figure and not far off from some f2 lenses. The iberits aren’t meant to be a ‘cheap’ lens in the same way the 7artisans is meant to be. They were designed in Germany by a well known optics designer and are all new designs. Are they perfect? No. I think there are some issues with aesthetic choices and they certainly aren’t built as well as Zeiss or Leica. But they are very competitive with Voigtlander and optically on another tier altogether compared to 7artisans.

Old 03-28-2018   #75
Huss

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
Agreed 100%
Ask any optical engineer, it is not a good design.
The 7Artisans is a Sonnar design lens. The Zeiss 50 1.5 is a Sonnar design lens. Perhaps you should also voice your concerns to the optical engineers at Zeiss ?

Old 03-28-2018   #76
happy

I never said all sonnars are bad designs, just that the 7artisans is not good optically, at least not in terms of aberrations. Look at wide open samples.

But even that point aside, not all sonnars are made equal

Old 03-28-2018   #77
Huss

No, you said it is not a good design. It in fact is a fantastic design, those aberrations wide give it the Sonnar signature look. It makes the images sing. It's why I use it more than my Summilux Asph 1.4.

It would have been very easy for them to make a boring, slow lens. And charged more money for it. But as we know, that would not sell.

An ongoing thread on fredmiranda:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1517331/2?b=2

P.S: I was skeptical like you when this lens first was announced. A Chinese 50 1.1 lens for $300 in Leica mount? It had to suck! But I've been blown away by it.
If Leica made a character lens just like this, they'd charge $10,000 for it and people would be tripping over themselves waxing poetic.

Upside is, it is selling really well and users have realized it's something really special.

Old 03-28-2018   #78
fish1991222

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperUJ View Post
The following comment applies not to Will's comments above, but to whoever came up with the explanation ... "'Han' means China in Mandarin and 'De' is the abbreviation for Deutschland – which means Germany" that I have seen elsewhere on the Internet.

Let's get it straight ... putting an equal sign between "Han" and "China" has the same effect as calling the United States of America "White" or "Caucasian." Besides Han, there are currently over 50 ethnic minority groups living in the Mainland China. To make things worse, a number of these minority groups are being marginalized by the totalitarian regime.

And to look at this from a different perspective, I am an American with a heritage of Han, culturally and ethnically. Similar to this example, there are over 50 million oversea Chinese not living in the Mainland China.

So, I do NOT see it as a small mistake, isolated incident or unintentional. Between 50 million oversea Chinese and 120 million non-Han minority groups people living in the Mainland China, HandeVision made an error that mischaracterized over 170 million people globally, which is about the same number of people in Pakistan, the sixth most populated country of the world. Sadly, this is only one of the many many "errors" similar to this I have seen lately in different places.

John
Hi John,

As you mentioned before, "Han" as a name of ethnic group does only represent certain group. However, it also represents the ancient Han dynasty when China is almost at its beginning to form a united country. Therefore, in China people can represent them either using Han people (汉人) or Tang people (唐人). (here Tang is another great era for China around 1500 years ago) So I need to say there might be no problem for the company to use the Han as the representation for China.

Handevision Iberit 75mm
Old 10-17-2018   #79
Pieter12

Handevision Iberit 75mm

Has anyone used this lens? Looks like a relative bargain, designed in Germany and manufactured in China.

Old 10-17-2018   #80
peterm1

I have not tried it but have noticed the Handevision products previously. They certainly look the part but I do not know much about their performance. I did however previously see a couple of internet articles on it by one user.

https://alikgriffin.com/handevision-...sample-photos/

https://alikgriffin.com/handevision-lenses-good-yes-no/

The second of these articles suggests that there may be some quality assurance issues with some Handevision lenses and I have some a idea that I have heard similar complaints before, one report here: https://leicarumors.com/2017/03/19/q...0-camera.aspx/

Having said that the conclusion seems to be that optically they are good and that the issues alluded to in the last review have been fixed.

In general I like longer lenses and 75mm is for me a good compromise (even on a cropped sensor camera). I own a couple of such lenses, the Voigtlander Classic 75mm f1.8 in leica M mount and the Olympus 75mm f1.8 in m43 mount. Both are excellent in their own way in part because of their interesting focal length.