Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Fuji X Series > Fuji X Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

SALE$ $129 Rayqual Fuji X-Pro1 / X-E1 Lens Adapters
Old 04-18-2012   #1
CameraQuest
Head Bartender
 
CameraQuest is offline
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: over the hills from Malibu
Posts: 5,749
SALE$ $129 Rayqual Fuji X-Pro1 / X-E1 Lens Adapters

Rayqual are considered the best independent Japanese made lens adapter.

The Rayqual Leica M adapter offers correct infinity focusing - the Fuji adapter doesn't!

Adapters at $179
Leica M
Leica R
Nikon F
CONTAX / Yashica

Adapters on Sale at $129
Canon FD / FL
Pentax K (lenses with aperture ring )
Olympus OM
M42 Screw
Exakta

https://shop.cameraquest.com/rayqual...lens-adapters/

Thanks for looking!

Stephen
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2012   #2
david.elliott
Registered User
 
david.elliott is offline
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 1,568
Thanks for the heads up Stephen.
__________________
My Website - Rendered In Silver

  Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2012   #3
loquax ludens
Registered User
 
loquax ludens is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 666
Stephen, will Rayqual make a Canon EF mount adapter, do you think?
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2012   #4
jwcat
Registered User
 
jwcat is offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 254
Stephen, will this adapter allow the use of 40mm Sumicron C? The Fuji adapter does not list it as usable.

John
__________________
John C
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2012   #5
CameraQuest
Head Bartender
 
CameraQuest is offline
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: over the hills from Malibu
Posts: 5,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by loquax ludens View Post
Stephen, will Rayqual make a Canon EF mount adapter, do you think?
Not likely.

Thanks,
Stephen
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2012   #6
stompyq
Registered User
 
stompyq is offline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,577
$179!!!! Whats the difference b/w a $10 ebay adapter?
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2012   #7
CameraQuest
Head Bartender
 
CameraQuest is offline
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: over the hills from Malibu
Posts: 5,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by stompyq View Post
$179!!!! Whats the difference b/w a $10 ebay adapter?
The difference between something that works right, and something that does not.

Stephen
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2012   #8
semilog
curmudgeonly optimist
 
semilog is offline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,670
As Stephen says.

My first adapter for the X-Pro was a Kipon. Total garbage, money wasted. My M lenses had play in three axes when mounted on the thing. I'm currently using the Fuji one, and I'm happy with it, but word on the street is that the Rayquals are as good or better.
__________________
There are two kinds of photographers:
those who are interested in what a particular camera can't do,
and those who are interested in what it can do.

semilog.smugmug.com | flickr.com/photos/semilog/
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-27-2012   #9
Jim R
Registered User
 
Jim R is offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11
Stephen, are there any plans you know of for a tilt and/or shift adaptor for Fuji or other lenses? Thanks - Jim
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2013   #10
umcelinho
Marcelo
 
umcelinho's Avatar
 
umcelinho is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sao Paulo
Age: 36
Posts: 1,332
Stephen, does the Rayqual M adapter work with the 35/1.2 v2 Nokton and the 21/1.8 Ultron?
__________________
__________
@marcelography on Instagram
behance.net/marcelography
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2013   #11
CameraQuest
Head Bartender
 
CameraQuest is offline
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: over the hills from Malibu
Posts: 5,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by umcelinho View Post
Stephen, does the Rayqual M adapter work with the 35/1.2 v2 Nokton and the 21/1.8 Ultron?
yep, it works with ALL the CV screw mount or M lenses.

Stephen
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2013   #12
dpt2014
Registered User
 
dpt2014 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 110
Will this work with the 50mm DR Summicron?
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2013   #13
alienmeatsack
Registered User
 
alienmeatsack's Avatar
 
alienmeatsack is offline
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 739
Dangit. The M Mount Fuji adapters are out of stock. I was going to order one. Sigh.
__________________
I own too many cameras to list.
My Flickr, Lomography, & Oggl galleries.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2013   #14
dpt2014
Registered User
 
dpt2014 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienmeatsack View Post
Dangit. The M Mount Fuji adapters are out of stock. I was going to order one. Sigh.
Go with Hawk's helicoid adapter. I just got one after trying about 1/2 dozen other adapters, including the OEM Fuji. Hawk's helicoid adapter is awesome. Fit is great on both ends (between the camera and adapter and adapter and lens). With my DR 'Cron I am able to focus about 7-8" (guestimate) with the helicoid function.

You can get it straight from Hawk in Taiwan, but I got mine from his official US distributor (faster shipping and it was actually cheaper). Seems like his US distributor is out of stock (I got the last one I think).

Hawk: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAWKS-FACTOR...item4ab7d6ba7b

His US distributor: http://www.ebay.com/usr/lp1220
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2013   #15
bwidjaja
Warung Photo
 
bwidjaja is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 276
I agree with the Hawk's helicoid. It is a cut above the cheap ones out there in terms of fit and ease of changing lens. I wish Rayqual would make a similar adapter with infinity lock. That I would pay extra for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpt2014 View Post
Go with Hawk's helicoid adapter.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2014   #16
JohnL
Very confused
 
JohnL's Avatar
 
JohnL is offline
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Brazil
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by CameraQuest View Post
Rayqual are considered the best independent Japanese made lens adapter.

The Rayqual Leica M adapter offers correct infinity focusing - the Fuji adapter doesn't!

<snip>

http://checkout.cameraquest.com/cata...x-pro1&x=0&y=0

Thanks for looking!

Stephen
This link is broken - at least for me.
__________________
John
Canon 50D, 5D2, 7D, S95, G1X; Fuji XP1 + several film cameras, now retired. Visit jlloydphoto.com
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2014   #17
CameraQuest
Head Bartender
 
CameraQuest is offline
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: over the hills from Malibu
Posts: 5,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
This link is broken - at least for me.
so it is,
try https://shop.cameraquest.com/rayqual...lens-adapters/

Thanks,
Stephen
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2019   #18
Greg Maslak
Registered User
 
Greg Maslak's Avatar
 
Greg Maslak is offline
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: The Kootenay's, BC, Canada
Posts: 179
"New question for an old thread" I need some advice, please.

Recently, my son and I have had some great results with an old Minolta MC SLR 50 on his Fuji XT-1, but the kit is big and front heavy and the generic adapter is OK but not a perfect fit. And, so... I would like to make improvements on all fronts with a few "M" mounted lenses on both an XT-1 and an XE-2s.
Thing is I'm a bit confused by the Fuji M adapter compatibility with some wider lenses. I have a CV 28 Ultron f2 M mount. According to Fuji, it is not compatible.
Questions. Is that because rear the lens opening is too wide causing issues at open apertures? Does the Rayqual solve the problem? I know it will mount the lens, but does it work well?
The other lense are Leica 50 and 90 Summicrons, so they should not pose any issues with either adapter.
Last thing. Does anyone have experience with Leica R Summicron 35 on Fuji? I have one of those as well. It would be even heavier than the Rokkor, but I could use a quality adapter.

I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2019   #19
CameraQuest
Head Bartender
 
CameraQuest is offline
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: over the hills from Malibu
Posts: 5,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Maslak View Post
"New question for an old thread" I need some advice, please.

Recently, my son and I have had some great results with an old Minolta MC SLR 50 on his Fuji XT-1, but the kit is big and front heavy and the generic adapter is OK but not a perfect fit. And, so... I would like to make improvements on all fronts with a few "M" mounted lenses on both an XT-1 and an XE-2s.
Thing is I'm a bit confused by the Fuji M adapter compatibility with some wider lenses. I have a CV 28 Ultron f2 M mount. According to Fuji, it is not compatible.
Questions. Is that because rear the lens opening is too wide causing issues at open apertures? Does the Rayqual solve the problem? I know it will mount the lens, but does it work well?
The other lense are Leica 50 and 90 Summicrons, so they should not pose any issues with either adapter.
Last thing. Does anyone have experience with Leica R Summicron 35 on Fuji? I have one of those as well. It would be even heavier than the Rokkor, but I could use a quality adapter.

I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks
The Fujji M to FX adapter has a narrow throat because of the electronics, which makes it incompatible with with many faster lenses. The Rayqual M to FX adapter has very little compatibility problems, and is compatible with all current Voigtlander M lenses.

Practically all SLR lenses will work well with a good adapter on FX bodies, providing its not one of the older designs requiring mirror lockup.

Best,
Stephen
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:04.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner.