Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Yashica RF

Yashica RF For all Yashica Rangefinder cameras, whether fixed lens or classic Leica Screw Mount !

A question about Yashica M II
Old 09-08-2012   #1
fungun

A question about Yashica M II

Hello everyone,

I am a new member of this forums. I have been shooting with digital SLRs for quite while, but have always been fascinated about rangefinders.

I have just acquired a Yashica M II in a very nice condition. This is my first range finder camera.

Here is this baby

I have got a question though, which I hope someone in here might know.

Although everything work, the LVS ring and the Coupling ring are very stiff. It requires quite a bit of effort to turn them. Is this normal? Anything I can do to improve the rotation?

Old 09-08-2012   #2
Peter_wrote:

the lvs ring of my minister II is quite stiff too. when i disassembled the lens to clean the shutter, i lubed the ring a bit inside. but i didn't really recognised a big change.

anyway congrats to your purchase. the yashica m II is a very nice looking camera. the lens is not razorsharp, but capable to produce some nice pictures. i especially like to use it with colour film. have a lot of fun!

Old 09-09-2012   #3
fungun

Thanks Peter.
I have just loaded it with a roll of fuji 200.

Old 12-16-2019   #4
Russell W. Barnes

The rings on my Yashica Minister II were stiff so I dribbled a little isopropyl alcohol round the rings and into the gaps, and it seems a little easier now.

Old 12-19-2019   #5
Smaug

I wonder if there's some old dried-up lube in there that needs to be cleaned out?
My Cameras: Yashica Electro 35 GS and CC, Rollei 35, Nikon N90s, FG (2), FE2, and L35AF3, Minolta Freedom II, Olympus OM1N, OM10, Stylus (mju) and OM-D E-M10 III