Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Gearhead Delights > Repair / Camera Care

Repair / Camera Care This is a good place to discuss the care and repair of your photo gear. You can share Do-It-Yourself repair and maintenance, as well as your recommendations for pro repairs. This new forum was created 4/1/07. PLEASE title your thread wisely, so others searching for a certain make of camera or repair person can find your thread easily!

Fujica GM670 shutter is behaving a little weird
Old 02-13-2020   #1
jpbelentani

Fujica GM670 shutter is behaving a little weird

Hey all, I got a Fujica GM670 and the shutter is behaving a little weird. After pressing the button it takes a few seconds for the camera to actually fire. All the speeds seems to be working fine, it just takes a few seconds for it to work. I noticed that depending on the shutter speed if i advance the film very slowly it works fine most of the times.

The problem seems to be only related to the lens, I can take the lens off, manually load it using a pencil (as instructed by manual) and it still takes a few seconds for it to fire

Is this a common issue, any idea how to fix it? From what I read this shutter mechanism is fairly simple to work with.

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-13-2020   #2
aizan

The lubricants in the lens are gummed up. Do you have the tools and experience to clean a lens? It can be a DIY project, but it's no walk in the park.

Old 02-13-2020   #3
jpbelentani

I've cleaned a Tokina and Helios before, so a have a little experience disassembling and assembling some lens, would it be much more complicated to work on the Fujica Lens? I was planning to do it myself, having some instructions or reference imagens would surely be helpful but i couldn't find any

Old 02-13-2020   #4
aizan

I couldn't find service manuals for the Fuji, but it's probably a lot like other leaf shutter lenses:

https://learncamerarepair.com/downlo...es-Service.pdf

https://learncamerarepair.com/downlo...ice-Manual.pdf