Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Polaroid & Fuji Instax

Polaroid & Fuji Instax All things Polaroid and Fuji Instax

Mamiya Press G
Old 15 Hours Ago   #1
verobaroni

Mamiya Press G

Hello!
So I have a whole set of a Mamiya Press G, with 1 back 6x9 and another 6x4,5 but I would like to make instant film photos with this Mamiya, of any kind (Instax variations/Polaroid variations). I know that a Universal body is like 70 dollars but I am really wondering if it would be less expensive to buy a Universal and all the other things for the instant backs or if I can adapt my Mamiya G to a Universal....

I know a few people have done it but I do not know how to do it and even which alternative is best, another point for me having that doubt is that I live in Brazil and the conversion to dollar is quite expensive...

Does anybody here have an opinion on the matter?
Thanks for now!

Old 15 Hours Ago   #2
charjohncarter

What kind of instant film? I think it would be hard to do it for Instax. I have the Super 23 which is pretty much the same as the Press except it has a bellows in the back. Which might be an easier conversion. Good luck with this project.

Old 14 Hours Ago   #3
Kai-san
Filmwaster

With a 2x3 Graflok mount there are not many options for instant film. One possibility is to use 2x3 single sheet film holders, I suppose they could be used for Instax Mini? I have no idea how Instax works so this is just a shot in the dark.....