Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > 120 / 220 film RF's

120 / 220 film RF's 120 / 220 format rangefinders including Fuji, Koni-Omega, Mamiya Press, Linhof 6x7/6x9 cameras, Mamiya 6/7 among others, but excluding the 120 folders and the Voigtlander 667 cameras that have their own forums.

Mamiya Press 75mm Lens - Any Good?
Old 11-12-2019   #1
ARCHIVIST

Mamiya Press 75mm Lens - Any Good?

I have a flat top Mamiya Press Standard and have been Considering the 75mm lens. I believe this was designed for the 600SE.

Will it fit my camera?
Is it any good?
Does it cover 6x9 without vignetting?

Cheers
Peter

Last edited by ARCHIVIST : 11-13-2019 at 01:12. Reason: Added another Q.

Old 01-11-2020   #2
zillauser

It is a fine lens. They all are, the only one that is not just superb is the 65mm, it was never updated to black and that series of better coatings. Now if it will fit on your Press Standard, depends on the mount. I am told the 600SE mount is slightly different from the Mamiya press mount.

Old 01-11-2020   #3
zillauser

It should cover 6x9 because it was designed to cover polaroid on the Mamyia Universal.

Old 01-12-2020   #4
Kai-san
Filmwaster

The 75mm Mamiya lens for the Polaroid 600SE will not fit on the Mamiya Press, the mounts are different. I assume the 75mm lens for the Mamiya Press is in fact the same lens as the 600SE lens. I have the 600SE lens and I think it's quite good considering it's age.

Old 01-12-2020   #5
charjohncarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillauser View Post
It is a fine lens. They all are, the only one that is not just superb is the 65mm, it was never updated to black and that series of better coatings. Now if it will fit on your Press Standard, depends on the mount. I am told the 600SE mount is slightly different from the Mamiya press mount.
Have you used one (65mm f/6.3)? I find mine is excellent. And with the rangefinder it is easy easy to focus.

This is the first shot I took with mine; wide open:

TMY-2 Rodinal 1+50 by John Carter, on Flickr