Ilford ULF Program - Christmas has come early!
Old 10-17-2018   #1
dave lackey

Ilford ULF Program - Christmas has come early!

It is strange that I spent so many years unaware of Ilford's ULF program. And this year, with Kodak's new Ektachrome, I am receiving three 50' bulk rolls of 46mm (127) HP5+ film in 72 hours! Wow, the wait for both was well worth it, and I have been so busy, it didn't seem all that long, now.

Christmas has come early for me this year!

I hope more people will realize the significance of Ilford's ULF program and the re-introduction of Kodak Ektachrome.

It is rare that two corporate partners of ours in the film world answer our requests with new products in such hard times. I, for one, will continue to support both Ilford and Kodak.

Dave

Old 10-17-2018   #2
Hogarth Ferguson

does that mean you have to roll it yourself onto spools/backing paper? Either way, that is great.

I'd love to see 220 HP5, that'd be the bees knees.

Old 10-17-2018   #3
Dpingr1

Can't wait -- I'm ready for mine, and so is Junior. [IMG]primo jr by Daniel Ingram, on Flickr[/IMG]

"Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in." -- H. D. T.

Old 10-17-2018   #4
ACullen

My Yashica 44 will need to be fed cut down 120 until next year’s program delivers.��

Old 10-17-2018   #5
CameraQuest
Head Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave lackey View Post
It is strange that I spent so many years unaware of Ilford's ULF program. And this year, with Kodak's new Ektachrome, I am receiving three 50' bulk rolls of 46mm (127) HP5+ film in 72 hours! Wow, the wait for both was well worth it, and I have been so busy, it didn't seem all that long, now.

Christmas has come early for me this year!

I hope more people will realize the significance of Ilford's ULF program and the re-introduction of Kodak Ektachrome.

It is rare that two corporate partners of ours in the film world answer our requests with new products in such hard times. I, for one, will continue to support both Ilford and Kodak.
maybe a link to that program ?

Old 10-17-2018   #6
Filter Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameraQuest View Post

https://www.rangefinderforum.com/for...&highlight=ULF

https://www.rangefinderforum.com/for...&highlight=ulf

Cheers, Robert

Old 10-17-2018   #7
Oren Grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogarth Ferguson View Post
I'd love to see 220 HP5, that'd be the bees knees.
https://www.photrio.com/forum/thread...hnology.18206/

That was 12 years ago, but I suspect that the financial calculation would look even worse now.

Old 10-17-2018   #8
dave lackey

Quote:
Sorry, just got in after a long day...

The Ilford ULF program is a well-established program for production of large format and specialty films. It has been going on for more than 12 years. Order in May, delivery in October.

It seems to be marketed through established vendors like Freestyle, but not many people seem to know about it. The 127 film is certainly rare and so much appreciated.

The links above should cover the contact info you requested.

Dave

Old 10-17-2018   #9
dave lackey

Hmmm, those links did not work well for me.

Here is one that does work:

http://www.ultrafineonline.com/il20ullafouf.html

Dave

Old 10-17-2018   #10
Oren Grad

Quote:
There isn't a permanent link. In a nutshell, each spring Harman announces a period during which orders will be accepted, a list of emulsions and sizes available, and a list of participating dealers. After the order window closes, Harman aggregates all of the orders across the participating dealers and figures out how to schedule cuts from the respective master rolls of the different emulsions to be able to fill the orders. IIRC from years ago when this first got off the ground, cutting is done sometime during the summer. Orders are shipped out to the participating retailers typically sometime from late September into October, for forwarding to the retail customers.

The program was launched shortly after the bankruptcy of Ilford and the reorganization of its B&W product business as Harman Technology in 2004-2005. Previously, Ilford had sold master rolls to third parties such as Photo Warehouse, who offered custom cuts to unusual sizes. For a variety of business reasons the Harman management team terminated that arrangement. Some of us who were fans of odd-size view cameras communicated with Harman to explain the consequences of that decision for us. To their great credit, Harman came up with the special order plan, which allows us to place small-quantity orders for odd sizes but minimizes the logistical and cost burden on Harman by requiring the orders to be placed during a specified period each year so that they can be aggregated to minimize the disruption of production schedules and maximize efficiency.

This ongoing gesture of goodwill to the B&W film community deserves to be widely known and supported by all who have an interest in these special sizes.

Old 10-17-2018   #11
Bill Clark

Ilford is great.

Old 10-20-2018   #12
dave lackey

It's here!!! Santa has been very nice.

Three 50' rolls of Ilford HP5+, 46mm (127) film was delivered by FedEx today.

Yay! Two will go in the freezer while I finish my other roll that I have been working on all summer. The third roll... will be up for grabs....as well as a couple of Hewes stainless steel 127 film developing reels. I have two extra of those too.

Dave