Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > TLR Forum - Twin Lens Reflex

TLR Forum - Twin Lens Reflex another alternative to the dreaded SLR way of seeing, this forum for all format TLR cameras

Rolleicord II - loupe missing ... (rant)
Old 10-25-2018   #1
Jerevan
Recycled User

Rolleicord II - loupe missing ... (rant)

I happened to bid on an auction (well, you know, just clicking here and there, etc etc) for a Rolleicord II (model 1, K3) which I won. In beautiful condition for its age, seems to work in all ways although the screen is a bit dim. Works fine on sunny days.

All good ... except one thing - I realised that the small swing-out loupe is gone. Per the manual, it was detachable since one could get different diopters for the camera. Finding one of these as a spare part is probably pretty much impossible.

So now I have to either fiddle around with an extra loupe, always using a tripod or buy another camera.

Old 10-25-2018   #2
Steve M.

That's a shame. Those things are pretty specific to cameras too, so you will probably need to find one from the same model 'cord as yours. Or roughly the same anyway. If you want to stop it down and scale focus it that would work. Or replace the mirror and focus screen w/ something brighter so you could use it w/o the loupe. Are you at all handy? You could fashion one from the right reading glasses, or even perhaps use the right reading glasses in lieu of a loupe. The Dollar Tree has them for.....$1.

Old 10-25-2018   #3
johannielscom
Ich bin ein Barnacker

Sign up at the Rolleiflex Rolleicord User Group on Facebook and ask the friendly folks there!

I write vintage gear reviews on www.johanniels.com |

flickr | instagram |

Old 10-28-2018   #4
Ferdi

Seeing that you live in Germany, calling Dieter Paepke in Düsseldorf would not hurt.

http://paepke-fototechnik.de

Ferdi.

Old 10-28-2018   #5
Jerevan
Recycled User

Thanks gentlemen for your tips and encouragements.

I'll get in touch with Dieter Paepke in Düsseldorf - I anyways need to take care of the Vb that is hanging around on the shelf waiting for some repairs.

Old 04-14-2019   #6
Jerevan
Recycled User

I managed to snag another Rolleicord (IId model 5, from 1947 onwards) for a half decent price ... so hopefully I end up with at least one of them working. "Fail better", as Beckett said.

Old 04-14-2019   #7
Greyscale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
I happened to bid on an auction (well, you know, just clicking here and there, etc etc) for a Rolleicord II (model 1, K3) which I won. In beautiful condition for its age, seems to work in all ways although the screen is a bit dim. Works fine on sunny days.

All good ... except one thing - I realised that the small swing-out loupe is gone. Per the manual, it was detachable since one could get different diopters for the camera. Finding one of these as a spare part is probably pretty much impossible.

So now I have to either fiddle around with an extra loupe, always using a tripod or buy another camera.
It will be easier to find an entire viewfinder than just the loupe. I am pretty sure that any viewfinder from the Rolleicord II or III cameras will work. I might even have a parts camera that I can scrounge one off of, I will check around later.

My RFF Gallery

Old 05-14-2019   #8
Jerevan
Recycled User

As it turned out ... the postwar hood (from the 1947 IId) does not (at least in this particular case) fit the prewar (II, K3) camera. Well, you put it on, and get the rear screws in position but the front ones are in a different position. I know I have retrofitted hoods between Rolleicords, but never between pre- and postwar cameras.

I decided to give the project up and get them off my shelf as spare parts.