M2 door wiggle
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
ericdan

M2 door wiggle

Hi,
The door on the back that flips open when you take the base plate off has a little too much play. It shifts left and right. It's still light tight but I would like to fix this somehow.
The little spring loaded pin that lets you take it off and mount it is probably the issue. I don't know if that can be fixed.

I thought of two other options.

1. Put something in the holes that the pins are fitted into. What should I use for this? Glue?
2. Find a tiny washer that will take care of the wiggle room. I looked for pins in my local hardware store but couldn't find anything even close to the size I need. Maybe a watch repair shop would have something small enough?

Does anyone else have this issue? Has anyone else managed to fix this another way?

Thanks!

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
Mute-on

A little wiggle when the baseplate is off is normal. The spring loaded pin can become a bit sticky. You may be able to pull the pin across to apply more pressure to the receiving hole, but as long as the back door is not falling off, there is no issue.

Do not fill the holes or add washers. The back door needs to move so it can centre itself when the base plate is installed.

The back door should be firmly held in place with the base plate on.

You have Kanto Camera in Kawasaki. I would take it to them if you are still concerned.