Old 04-03-2019   #1
Skiff

Very interesting and detailed interview with ADOX CEO

Hi,

very interesting and informative interview with the ADOX CEO Mirko Böddecker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpNIKGN9Fas

Old 04-03-2019   #2
Larry Cloetta

Thanks for posting. This interview covered different information from his presentation which was posted a week or so ago. Interesting info on CHS II and SCALA and the EU regulatory regime and its effect on the industry. Mirko has a refreshing attitude, from all appearances. My shipment of FX39 II arrives today, coincidentally. I should probably make a more concerted effort to support them.

Old 04-03-2019   #3
CharlesDAMorgan

I use FX39 and their Rodinal a lot. The films are really at the slow end for what I shoot, which does limit their appeal, sadly.

Apart from that have a Rolleiflex 3.5F, the odd Minolta XD7, Hasselblad 500cm, a Topcon Super D and an Intrepid 5x4 large format (not the half of it but I am clearing them out, honest).

I do all my own black and white developing at home.

Old 04-03-2019   #4
Solinar
Analog Preferred

I really appreciate and respect with what Mirko is trying to achieve. It isn't easy being a small manufacturer.

35mm Gear Bessa R, Leica II, - IIIg, - M2
Just for fun 35mm Gear a Kodak Retina II, Retina IIa, a Rollei 35 S, plus an Oly 35RC and XA
Modern Medium Format Fuji GW 690III
Vintage MF Folders a Voigtländer Bessa II and Perkeo II - a ZI Mess Ikonta 524/2 - plus an Agfa Super Isolette & a Record III
Digital a D300 and a D700 with some primes - still going a decade later

"Who spilled the Dektol on the bathroom carpet?"

Old 04-03-2019   #5
Skiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesDAMorgan View Post
I use FX39 and their Rodinal a lot. The films are really at the slow end for what I shoot, which does limit their appeal, sadly.
They are working on higher speed films, too. We will certainly see more, new films from them in the future.

Old 04-03-2019   #6
CharlesDAMorgan

Good news! I look forward to them coming out then.

Apart from that have a Rolleiflex 3.5F, the odd Minolta XD7, Hasselblad 500cm, a Topcon Super D and an Intrepid 5x4 large format (not the half of it but I am clearing them out, honest).

I do all my own black and white developing at home.

Old 04-03-2019   #7
Mackinaw
Think Different

Adox has my support. I recently bought a box of 4X5 CHS 100 II. Maybe today I'll shoot a few sheets.

Jim B.

My RFF Gallery:
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/phot...user=1453&sl=m

Old 04-03-2019   #8
jarski

Watched both interviews. Quite a balancing act they have had to keep doing past 10-15 years. Wish them luck in future, seems uncertainties continue in supplier side.

Old 04-03-2019   #9
Erik van Straten

Don't forget their paper: Adox MCC 110.

Erik.

Old 04-03-2019   #10
css9450

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesDAMorgan View Post
I use FX39 and their Rodinal a lot. The films are really at the slow end for what I shoot....

That reminds me I need to finish my roll of CMS 20. It might be really interesting.... Or a complete bust! It'll be fun.

Old 04-06-2019   #11
HHPhoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Cloetta View Post
Thanks for posting. This interview covered different information from his presentation which was posted a week or so ago. Interesting info on CHS II and SCALA and the EU regulatory regime and its effect on the industry. Mirko has a refreshing attitude, from all appearances. My shipment of FX39 II arrives today, coincidentally. I should probably make a more concerted effort to support them.
+1.
Both his presentation at the photofair in Helsinki (see the other thread) and now this very detailed and informative interview offer lots of excellent information. Not only about ADOX, but about the challenges in the whole industry. The enthusiasm and strong commitment to film and us film photographers by ADOX is really encouraging. Great people.

Cheers, Jan

Old 04-07-2019   #12
Skiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik van Straten View Post
Don't forget their paper: Adox MCC 110.

Erik.
Don't forget their papers .
Not only MCC, but also MCP and LUPEX are really excellent BW papers. And I think we can expect the same for their new Polywarmtone paper, which will be introduced this year.

Old 04-12-2019   #13
Skiff

And ADOX is making further progress in construction of their new, second factory building at their headquarter in Germany:

http://www.adox.de/Photo/progress-in-march-and-april/

Old 04-13-2019   #14
HHPhoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiff View Post
And ADOX is making further progress in construction of their new, second factory building at their headquarter in Germany:

http://www.adox.de/Photo/progress-in-march-and-april/
Thanks.
It is always very interesting to see what they are doing. Their open and honest communication behaviour has to be appreciated.
And they make much more progress than Film Ferrania. And even more important: They already have more than 20 different excellent products on offer. Film Ferrania currently: none.

Cheers, Jan