Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Gearhead Delights > Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc

Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc A place to discuss the delights of photo accessories, including bags, meters, tripods, filters, straps, camera cases, lens hoods, anything non digital that can make your gearhead life a little bit more enjoyable.

Old 01-17-2019   #41
raid
Dad Photographer

I once used an M 4/3 with a 50mm/1.5 Sonnar and an M 4/3 with a 25/1.4 on a trip to Europe. The equipment was very light, and I got back very good looking images from these cameras.

http://raid.smugmug.com/

Old 01-17-2019   #42
peterm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid View Post
I once used an M 4/3 with a 50mm/1.5 Sonnar and an M 4/3 with a 25/1.4 on a trip to Europe. The equipment was very light, and I got back very good looking images from these cameras.
Yes it is my experience that M4/3 cameras turn in superb images in general. They are slightly less capable in high ISO situations, than either Sony NEX or full frame cameras, especially with older M4/3 cameras but other than this the images come out of the camera looking pretty darned good and tend to need little post processing work to get them good to go.

Old 01-20-2019   #43
karlin

Here you go

my iiif with SBOII
M6 with SBLOO

Ophir
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190120_152610.jpg (28.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190120_152615.jpg (23.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190120_152623.jpg (27.7 KB, 8 views)

Old 01-25-2019   #44
lxmike
Barnack fan

Well l gave in to GAS and bagged a SBLOO for 150 euros including postage to the UK from Germany

Glass currently in regular use: Voigtlander 15mm 4.5 Helliar, 35mm Summaron.

Soon to arrive: a boat load of HP5

Old 01-25-2019   #45
Vince Lupo

One thing to watch out for is the very common ‘rattle’ in SBLOO finders. It’s the glass coming loose within the housing. You might be able to tighten it all up by pushing (carefully!) on the front piece of glass. I did that with mine and it seemed to work. Of course it may happen again, but something to bear in mind.

I use a SBLOO on my 246 and M-D and love it. As an eyeglasses wearer, I find it much easier to use than the 35mm frameline in the camera.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/direction-one-inc/sets/

'Mapping the West' - Named as one of the Best Photo Exhibits of 2016 by the Washington City Paper: http://www.directiononeinc.com/mapping-the-west/

Old 01-25-2019   #46
lxmike
Barnack fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lupo View Post
One thing to watch out for is the very common ‘rattle’ in SBLOO finders. It’s the glass coming loose within the housing. You might be able to tighten it all up by pushing (carefully!) on the front piece of glass. I did that with mine and it seemed to work. Of course it may happen again, but something to bear in mind.

I use a SBLOO on my 246 and M-D and love it. As an eyeglasses wearer, I find it much easier to use than the 35mm frameline in the camera.
I wear glasses too hopefully the SBLOO will be a big help

Glass currently in regular use: Voigtlander 15mm 4.5 Helliar, 35mm Summaron.

Soon to arrive: a boat load of HP5